1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Islam the most dominant religion in the world ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Elberengy, Mar 5, 2011.

Since Most Christians don't really practice christianity nor believe in it , Many are just christian by name , Does this make Islam the most dominant Religion in the world ?

Note : I respect Christians , And this topic isn't meant to hurt anyone , It's just a discussion .

Elberengy, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  2. harits

harits Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think yes, but i respect christian too

harits, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  3. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    "Is Islam the most dominant religion in the world ?"

odd choice of words but i am guessing you mean the "Largest" but the use of the word "dominant" just makes it look aggressive, and in that case, yes it is, it uses aggression to dominate people

samantha pia, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  4. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by dominant. If you mean the number of followers then no, if you mean the age then again no.

laxman363, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  5. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    aren't there muslims by name too? I know a few.

cientificoloco, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  6. Elberengy

Elberengy Member

Best Answers:
    Dominant I mean largest in numbers .

@Cientifiocoloco , Yeah there are some , But I think they are much less compared to non practicing Christians or so .

With my respect to everybody !

Elberengy, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  7. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They are numerous, I'll give them that, but then most people from third world countries suck when it comes to family planning. As for dominant, no. Muslims, partially as a result of islam, come from countries (save for those with oil) with a terrible economy and appalling education system where half the population is prevented from working and the remainder voluntarily starve themselves for no good reason a few times a year, so the chances of them mustering the capacity to actually do anything worthwhile is slim. Islam is incompatible with success, it's a religion of poverty.

Let me know when camel shit or sand can be turned in to money or guns and i'll start worrying.

stOx, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  8. Alex jones

Alex jones Member

Best Answers:
    Islam is the only religion which will be there at the end of world and then all others will be wishing to be part of it.

Alex jones, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  9. Alex jones

Alex jones Member

Best Answers:
    All this wealth and status are for this world where your stay is hardly 70 years,enjoy this time and be punished at the end.

10. Alex jones

Alex jones Member

Best Answers:
    i wish you visit some islamic countries and then post comments

11. rain21

rain21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    there are lot of muslims by name specially in African countries. I have seen many. And as I know most muslims are close to religion because of the Islamic rules . Do you know whats the punishment for people who born as a muslim and stop believe in allah ? its death, so people are mostly afraid to go against islam even if they want.
    No offence for Islam, just answered to the question.

rain21, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  12. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Just because them Christians have more 'non-practitioners' than Muslims doesn't mean that Islam is larger nor dominant than the other.

Muslims doesn't have the freedom to choose on how they should live life unlike Christians do, let alone Atheists.

Grimm, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  13. Elberengy

Elberengy Member

Best Answers:

Well I thought there was 482,240,000 Christians in Africa which is equal to 22% of The Christian Population - including non practicing Christians - , Is Africa a developed continent ? I also thought 12% of Christians live in Asia which is developing .. So atleast 35% of Christians live in developing / under developed countries . Where Many of Europe's Christians are Agnostics aswell as Christians in America . Note that , I respect Christians , I have many Christian friends and this is just an open discussion and it's StOx who started saying "under-developed" etc..

here's a picture for Jews in Yemen :

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/yemenite_jews.jpg
    http://kashakeel.elaphblog.com/Blog/kashakeel/album/صور يهود/yemeni-jews-and-muslims.jpg

I also don't hate Jews , And respect everybody , I don't differentiate between people because of their religion . Also to say There are many developed Muslim Countries like Turkey as an example , Development has nothing to do with religion but with people .

Reference : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_by_country

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
    Elberengy, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  14. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    And those people heavily influenced with the restriction of its religion hinders further development. It's just like what stOx said, apart from those countries with oil, which Muslim country has shown constant improvement in the past few years? Turkey is a secular state although they're starting to lean towards an Islam-influenced government which I reckon would make things worse in the future.

Ever wonder why you don't hear the term "Non-practicing Muslims" more often? Living in a country which is heavily influenced by the beautiful sharia law deprives you of your freedom and thus hinders any potential development.

Grimm, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  15. saladflorida

saladflorida Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well. in some country, islam is the most dominant, but i am not sure if that makes them dominant in the world

saladflorida, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  16. Elberengy

Elberengy Member

Best Answers:
    Grimm , As I said above 35% of Christians live in Under Developed Countries , So why don't we blame Christianity for them being undeveloped ? Is it because of Europe and America being Christian and Developed ? Well I said Many Europeans specially your pioneers don't practice or believe in Christianity . Also , Is Hinduism the reason why India is under developed or let me say developing ?

Well it has only to do with people who aren't eager to work , Islam orders us to work and learn sciences . you can't blame a religion for its people . With my respect to everybody ! And Sorry to all Christians , I don't mean to say anything bad about your religion , I'm just using it as an example to illustrate what I mean .

Elberengy, Mar 8, 2011 IP
    ravianz likes this.
  17. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think your answer can be found here at wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_...ions_or_belief_systems_by_number_of_adherents
    Not saying it is 100% correct, but it might give a hunch of the real answer.

Wulkanen, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  18. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Since Most Muslims don't really practice Islam nor believe in it , Many are just Muslim by name , Does this make others like Christianity the true dominant Religion in the world?

browntwn, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  19. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please explain your take on the difference between Islam and delusions?

Seqqa, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  20. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Which countries? You were talking about Africa and it's on a different situation from what I've stated above. As for Asian countries, East Timor and the Philippines are the only predominant Christian countries who's been struggling with economy for the past decade. East Timor who had past struggles with a muslim country called Indonesia while The Philippines still struggles with internal problems as the war against Islamic militant groups against the Catholic influenced govenrment still goes on.

India is still not a fully developed country. You can't turn a blind eye on the widespread poverty India still has. Isn't the Caste system one of those reasons why India still has poverty issues? And that the Caste system is generally associated with Hinduism?

Grimm, Mar 8, 2011 IP