1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Don't blog in English, if you can't speak English.

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by hmansfield, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Oceanus

Oceanus Member

Best Answers:
    I appreciate this. You can do whatever you want if it's your blog. With that said, the more accurate and well presented your blog is, the more feedback you will get. Its worth it to blog as grammatically correct as you can.

Oceanus, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  2. ParentingCoachLisa

ParentingCoachLisa Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed that those people who are native in speaking English are more likely to commit grammatically errors when writing article or even speaking English than those who are using the language as their secondary dialect.

ParentingCoachLisa, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  3. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    It just goes without saying that not everyone who is a natural English speaker is smart or educated.

hmansfield, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  4. anjetagren

anjetagren Guest

Best Answers:
    agree with this statement..:)
    thumbs up

anjetagren, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  5. Steven Gliebe

Steven Gliebe Peon

Best Answers:
    I get what you're saying but also I've been helped a few times by tutorials on blogs from intelligent people with less than perfect English.

Steven Gliebe, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  6. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    There can be exceptions to any rule, and this would be one of them. I too read tutorials from some people, mostly Php or WordPress related stuff. Php scripting is a universal language no matter what your native tongue is.

Dodger, Feb 23, 2011 IP
    Steven Gliebe likes this.
  7. Eniak

Eniak Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see what's stopping someone from blogging if their native language isn't English. If they speak it too poorly it won't gain popularity and fail, otherwise they'll succeed.

Eniak, Feb 23, 2011 IP
    Steven Gliebe likes this.
  8. mike323

mike323 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    #1 It's not a crime to do something without regard to whether it will be successful for oneself.

#2 I think telling someone they shouldn't speak or write in a language they are not completely proficient in is an abridgment to free speech. For example, I speak perfect English but if I wanted to renounce my native language and just speak imperfect Japanese for the rest of my life, I am completely within my rights to do so.

Now I know you are not ordering people to speak their own language but only suggesting it. But I don't think shaming people into speaking the language you want them to is anybody's job. There are as many reasons someone may choose to speak a certain language as there are people. You or I may have no idea why someone would prefer to or even insist on speaking a second language over their native one. It is a personal matter.

And, again, there is that pesky matter of free speech.

mike323, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  9. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I was only speaking in terms of people who write blogs in broken or bad English, and then complain about their blogs not being successful.
    As far as I'm concerned, everyone can and should do what ever they want. It's not my call who should and shouldn't blog in a language that they don't speak well.
    All I'm saying is if you are putting out a substandard product in this fashion, don't look to point the blame at other factors for your lack of success. And stop wasting time and money on tricks and services until you get the basics down. It won't help.

hmansfield, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  10. BrandDoctor

BrandDoctor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its better to double check spelling and grammar mistakes as it's common for people whose first language is not English.And blog posts should be always simple,readable and most the important part is that visitors should easily understand whatever is written

BrandDoctor, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  11. xinju

xinju Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont think so with you friend

xinju, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  12. sasin

sasin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's better hiring someone who have a good English to writing to English blog. Rather than Broken English post on the blog.

sasin, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  13. ParentingCoachLisa

ParentingCoachLisa Peon

Best Answers:
    If English is not your first language then you can hire somebody for you.

ParentingCoachLisa, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  14. iBMW

iBMW Peon

Best Answers:
    haha. I think it's annoying too, but some of the sites where people are blogging in indianenglish tend to contain answers to my hardest questions.

iBMW, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  15. sasin

sasin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with you!!

sasin, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  16. eeshy.k

eeshy.k Peon

Best Answers:
    true. It becomes really difficult to understand what they are trying to say. even if you are grammatically incorrect, at least try and make some sense.

eeshy.k, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  17. Equivocally

Equivocally Guest

Best Answers:
    A person can blog.. whether you wish to read is up to you. Simple.

Equivocally, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  18. subdivisions

subdivisions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't be surprised if half of those bloggers actually do know English, they're just using txt speak to write "quicker" or something. I do agree though, if you don't know English, you're best off writing a French or Spanish blog (or whatever you speak). A smaller audience, yes, but you'll actually be making money and won't look like a moron.

If I'm looking for SEO advice, I'm not going to take "u needs to be BUILD qualities his backlinks!!" seriously. I'm just going to leave.

subdivisions, Mar 12, 2011 IP