1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing Has Crashed! Ezine Articles Sees 71% of Rankings Drop

Discussion in 'Google' started by Chris Munch, Feb 28, 2011.

1. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google phucked up! Their algorithm update really, really screwed a lot of things up...

The "SCRAPERS" are whooping ass now...Ranked all over the damn place for stupid ass keywords....WTF!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
    GuruCreation, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  2. QuickFreeHost

QuickFreeHost Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I would assume that article marketing on sites like ezine will perish. Me personally, I am going to focus on guest posting on relevant blogs/sites for my niche.

Also, many people messed up with posting articles on ezine because like someone said earlier in this thread, people scrape your articles on ezine and put them on their own sites. If you have that same article on your site, you are now flagged for duplicate content. I also read that ezine is making all author links nofollow. I am not sure if this is the case or not, but if it is, this pretty much makes ezine worthless.

If you still want to do article marketing, I would suggest only uploading unique articles to these sites that you don't plan on putting on your own domain. However, I honestly believe that article marketing is dead, for many reasons that have already been discussed in other threads.

QuickFreeHost, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  3. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    Those are exactly the same 2 things...lol...

Are you going to guest post 5 words, 20 words? Probably not... right?... Guest posting on relevant blogs/sites for your niche is the exact same thing as posting an article(marketing) on relevant blogs/sites for your niche. You can guest post(article) for 100 words, and you can write an article(guest post) for 100 words... Even though that's not enough, still the exact same thing.

What's the difference?

You just worded it differently..

Scrapers will scrape anything... whether its on your site, ezinearticles, ideamarketers, GoArticles, Articledashboard or anything of that nature... That's why they're called what they're called... SCRAPERS

Once again... Article Marketing is now more powerful than ever before... POSTING CRAP ARTICLES AND CRAPPY GUEST POSTS, WON'T GET YOU ANYWHERE.

Take the time to do it right from the beginning and you will laugh at everyone that thinks article marketing is dead.... ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK....lmao... :)

"Now, I'll be the first to admit that, a lot of times, what site owners think is a penalty, technically isn't a penalty. It really falls into the My Site Sucks Ass and Google Just Figured it Out zone. Nobody likes to hear that their baby is ugly or that their site sucks, but sometimes it's the truth."

GuruCreation, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  4. yogeshkumarmcp

yogeshkumarmcp Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for info..What should we do now ?

yogeshkumarmcp, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  5. jackhooper

jackhooper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great Google. I really appreciated Google's decision on duplicate content.

jackhooper, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  6. luxs

luxs Active Member

Best Answers:
    according to alexa ezinearticles are in the same place...

luxs, Mar 4, 2011 IP
  7. bfpseller

bfpseller Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think Enzine have ever made author's links "nofollow". I agreed that Enzine at this moment is worthless if they can solve the duplicate content issue.

bfpseller, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  8. bfpseller

bfpseller Peon

Best Answers:
    I slightly disagree with it. A guest post is likely less be scraped than an article on enzine, at least not right away. So Google is smart enough to know where is the article originated.

bfpseller, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  9. johnnypr

johnnypr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ezine were going to make there links no follow in the resource box, but then they changed their minds.

You can read all this in their new update over on their blog.

johnnypr, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  10. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't noticed this - so what are you talking about?

ForgottenCreature, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  11. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    Sites like Buzzle and others similar to it, that require only unique content (no other way around it) were slammed.... so it's NOT necessarily a focus on just "duplicate content" (content farms) like everyone keeps stressing on.

Here's a good tid bit of info too: http://blog.searchmetrics.com/us/2011/03/03/google-farmer-update-whos-really-affected

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
    GuruCreation, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  12. themyspacebank.com

themyspacebank.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like this is going to effect MOST internet marketers, they are going to have to find other ways to get their sites to rank. I think this will cause a lot of people to drop out because it's going to require more work now - you're going to have to dig deeper now.

themyspacebank.com, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  13. DanAbbamont

DanAbbamont Guest

Best Answers:
    Don't know if anyone answered this yet, but people syndicating your articles won't make you drop in SERPs. What probably happened is all your articles hosted on the article directories lost a lot of weight, therefore their links to you became less important. This is probably happening to tons of people.

DanAbbamont, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  14. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting stuff to read. It has to happen one day or other. Any way directories were not of much use in getting visitors, so need not be much bothered about it.

pradiprg, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  15. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    What if those Youtube videos are just PowerPoint slideshows with smartly written title and description with spammy keywords, and they rank!? Isn't it crap content? No matter if its text or a flash file, it is still crap!

Ex: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ry+diet&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=acai+berry+diet+
    see the youtube video result, and the slideshow video. lol

Oranges, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  16. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    Didn't think of it that way...but, I do know this...

Ever since the update, I have received a lot more traffic from the videos I have, then ever before.... Which means, I'm going to do a few more...

GC

GuruCreation, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  17. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google promised it would go after content farms, guess resourceful folks will have to come up with ingenuous methods to get their rankings back

golfpro1, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  18. bfpseller

bfpseller Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah people are doing that crap all the time. Putting some useless video on Youtube and put a link in description and/or the video to link to their site. Yesterday trying to find a Youtube clip about Liverpool slammed Manchester Utd was painful. The top 10 are advertising video. The real one is at the very bottom of the search

bfpseller, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  19. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will be back .. like what happened 3 or 4 years back ..

Toon-c, Mar 7, 2011 IP
    zenilshroff likes this.
  20. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    "If you use any auto-generated content keep it separated from the original high quality stuff, and block it from search engines. Google’s John Mu said recently, “If you do have such high-quality, unique and compelling content, I’d recommend separating it from the auto-generated rest of the site, and making sure that the auto-generated part is blocked from crawling and indexing, so that search engines can focus on what makes your site unique and valuable to users world-wide.”"

That's a quote from WPN.

Something definitely to be considered when it comes to the "Farmer" update which that name originated in the SEO world of things.... Because its really called "Panda" or "Big Panda" update... That's why it makes me wonder if it was really and truly targeting only "Content Farms" as everyone seems to think....

A lot of more variables go into why a site lost its ranking or traffic and doesn't necessarily have to do with participating in "Content Farms". The farmer update had a lot more to do with just article marketing, content, duplicate content and so-on.

Better and consistent page structure could as well play a role in it. Too many ads on your site. Old fashioned html or design. And I'm sure a lot more.

But, it does come down to the "QUALITY" (even length, whether 100 words or 500 words) of content your site provides to readers and the Search Engines.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
    GuruCreation, Mar 7, 2011 IP