1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mortgage Business through Yahoo

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by poojaatvs, Oct 16, 2006.

Hi Everyone,

I am Starting a new project i.e mortgage. i have to generate leads for mortgage.
    so can anyone help me? can anyone give me good tips and suggestions for mortgage?

poojaatvs, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  2. picking

picking Peon

Best Answers:
    you should explain yourself better

picking, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  3. poojaatvs

poojaatvs Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually i am starting a new ppc campaign for mortgage. i want to generate leads for mortgage....has anybody generating leads for mortgage through YSM....what strategy shall i follow to make categories and what shall be the best strategy to make categories so as to generate maximum leads at minimum cost per conversion?

poojaatvs, Oct 18, 2006 IP
  4. marksworld

marksworld Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm, you are going to find yourself paying a lot of money, I don't think you will be able to compete with the larger corporations who can shovel out lots of money.

marksworld, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  5. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, if you look at the bid tool to see who bids on "mortgage" and related words like "home equity" etc. you'll see it's monsters like Countrywide Home Loans, LendingTree, and so on. Not to discourage any fellow SEOer, but I've worked closely with all the big mortgage players and have seen close up how unafraid they are of spending giant amounts of money to get what they want. So, sure, go ahead and try it,:) but bear in mind it's not a task to take on lightly.

flip, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  6. LazyD

LazyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed with Flip...

I run a Credit Card, Insurance and Loan site and trying to run a PPC campaign on Yahoo, Google, even MSN and Ask.Com is virtually impossible. All of the areas my site covers (including Mortgages) have such big players fighting with each other for position that you cant compete unless you have tons and tons of money to get in with the big boys. Currently, ive had to pay $4-$5 a click on Google adWords for Auto Loans and that is still only netting me 2nd page results for a handful of terms, as you can imagine mortgages wont be any less competitive...Good luck

LazyD, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  7. leroybrown

leroybrown Peon

Best Answers:
    $4 a click makes my head hurt very badly. Your conversion rate and payout would have to be absurdly high to take on that risk.

leroybrown, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  8. Jenjen

Jenjen Peon

Best Answers:
    I ran a mortgage internet website since 2001. The bids have increased for mortgage keywords by 1000%. I am an expert with the mortgage keywords having run some of the biggest mortgage campaigns on Yahoo and Google. I can tell you that it will cost you at least $60 to get a refinance lead. The purchase leads are much less expensive but most mortgage companies only want to pay for refinance leads. I've helped mortgage companies with their online advertising and it still seems to make sense for them since there is a $3000 commission when closing the loan. For mortgage traffic, Google has been more cost effective then Yahoo. If you need help please let me know.

Jenjen, Nov 12, 2006 IP