1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing Has Crashed! Ezine Articles Sees 71% of Rankings Drop

Discussion in 'Google' started by Chris Munch, Feb 28, 2011.

1. dragons5

dragons5 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Squidoo did lose some rankings, just not as heavy as Ezine and Hubpages.

dragons5, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  2. Grobbulus

Grobbulus Peon

Best Answers:
    That is strange indeed. The S of Squidoo stands for Spam

Grobbulus, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  3. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I still don't see what "Article Marketing" has crashed if Google still is and wants to rely on quality content?

Where does "QUALITY CONTENT" come from? Mostly articles... So, how could it have died?

What is dieing are the sites that have "LOW QUALITY CONTENT" or content that's the same as other sites.

In the meantime, "QUALITY CONTENT IS STILL KING".... Keep on marketing your articles!

GC

GuruCreation, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  4. QuickFreeHost

QuickFreeHost Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    This is awesome. Finally the whitehat marketing is going to pay off. :) Sucks to those of you who spent all your time learning methods that others told you would be worthless one day. Well, now you have it.

QuickFreeHost, Mar 2, 2011 IP
    YMC likes this.
  5. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    Almost... Some BlackHat strategies will work, and will probably work better than they did before, but eventually, they won't...

What part of Florida you in?

6. QuickFreeHost

QuickFreeHost Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You're correct. There are some blackhat methods that absolutely work, if done correctly. But like you said, Google will catch up and will render them useless.

Umm, where have I not lived in florida. I was recently living in Sarasota, but have lived in Bradenton, Tampa, etc.

QuickFreeHost, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  7. cherry9

cherry9 Peon

Best Answers:
    I posted only original, high quality articles in ezinearticles and my site still took a hit because many people post my articles on their sites. I have all original content on my site so the backlinks for articles are the only explanation for my drop in traffic when this new algorithm kicked in. So, if you're going to keep posting articles, and you're going to invest the time to create good quality articles, what do you do with them? If ezinearticles, which has been known for better quality than most, is not a good place for articles any more, then what is?

cherry9, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  8. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I never relayed on Article Marketing
    I need to point out that many people pronounce the DEATH of directory submissions for years and i see they still work soo ... don't panic i hate when people panic like fools ...

w3bmaster, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  9. cherry9

cherry9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not panic necessarily. Good quality articles are a time investment that you don't want to make if they aren't going to work. If article directories clean up their act and stop accepting spam articles, I don't see why article marketing shouldn't still be a valid way to market a website.

cherry9, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  10. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    That's awesome... I'm in Tampa, actually just North, in WC...

Otherwise, I'm on top of the SEO World Florida..lol....and Article Marketing...

GC

11. Gazzerman

Gazzerman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ezinearticles Editorial Guidelines are pretty strong http://ezinearticles.com/editorial-guidelines.html so why would they get done? They dont accept content that is duplicate maybe the content itself is not great because people use it gain serps but how can Google see what is quality and what is not?

What are the legit ways to gain serps listings?

Link building should only happen naturally, if you dont rank how do people find your content to link to you?
    The whole thing is just a joke, there is no way to rank naturally.

Everyone I know in large corporations (some the largest in the world) all buy links, they buy their position. There is no system in place to gain natural listing status in a legit way, with an unknown system you just end up spending lots of time trying to figure it out instead of focusing on making your business better. If you dont rank in google your business is losing out. That includes brand identity. Many people say focus on your business and the rest will come. this is not true nd never has been. If I ever took that advice I would have got knowhere.

The latest updates are a part of a ploy to gain more adwords money.
    Google has failed to move with the pace of the web and international business. Many sites have become multinational and google still insists on multiple TLD domains making us maintain multiple duplicate sites just to rank in each country. The geo webmaster tools apps do not work and never have done.

Sites like groupon have been forced to open up Multiple TLD sites as google is unable to crawl a site from outside the US, so whenever it crawls the site it will only crawl pages that the site wants it to see based on its IP location.

Google latest push to get pople to spend adwords money on expanding international business is a clear indication of its intentions. the search engine is planend to get worse so that business have to pay to be seen. Thats fine google are a business but then lets make the whole thing totally paid if thats the case. not make it worse just to make money.

google are the sole reason for spam online! they started of with a bad algo, didnt think ahead. Then decided on ranking factors that led to spam being created. there is no use for spam apart from ganing google serps. they should take full responsibility for their actions.

Gazzerman, Mar 2, 2011 IP
    makeit easy and Turkish like this.
  12. john81

john81 Member

Best Answers:
    I was using article marketing as a mean to promote my own and client websites, not sure what to do after this update from Google. Waiting for expert thoughts on using article marketing....

john81, Mar 2, 2011 IP
  13. whosedomain

whosedomain Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think ezine's articles quality are ok. we really do know know what to do on article maketing now.

whosedomain, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  14. sawmynaden

sawmynaden Peon

Best Answers:
    I reckon you can still use article marketing, but it won't be as effective as before. Also, don't bother spinning articles and submitting it to 20+ sites. Stick to EZA.

sawmynaden, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  15. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    Stick to EZA? Really?

Why in the world would you want to limit yourself to just 1 directory?

Good Luck with that...lol

GC

GuruCreation, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  16. DoDo Me

DoDo Me Peon

Best Answers:
    You are quite right, I also read same thing elsewhere. Google decided to Change Algorithm? Monopoly’s Game!!!

DoDo Me, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  17. sawmynaden

sawmynaden Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, right. He should totally take the same article and submit it to worthless directories when he could instead use this time to get some quality links instead. Right now, there are only a few directories that are worth it, and spinning articles just does not cut it anymore and I'm pretty sure this update is just the beginning.

sawmynaden, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  18. GuruCreation

Best Answers:
    Did you mention the same article to submit to all these directories? Nope! You said to not SPIN it and submit it.....

Who said anything about "worthless" directories? Did I miss something in your first post? lol

But, keep on plugging away at EZA, make them the "Superior" directory that they are.... lmao!

GuruCreation, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  19. WantedFree.net

WantedFree.net Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the read, I just bookmarked this thread.

I use article marketing for many things mate ;) This is a good list as well. Thanks!

WantedFree.net, Mar 3, 2011 IP
  20. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    will some article directories that don't have duplicate articles inside be affected too?

etc, Mar 3, 2011 IP