1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ and Hostile Propaganda towards a competitor

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Samual-Spader, Oct 16, 2006.

MadMax, PamellaG,

"Websites that contain foul language and propaganda against competitors".

One of the main things an editor looks at is relevance and quality to an end user. And if a website fails to contain this criteria and also contains hostile propaganda against a competitor/s, or other people in particular, it will not be considered for inclusion.

After having a look at your websites, especially yours PamellaG and your forum. And in particular your very closely associated sites and many other forums. I have no doubts that you have been refused listing because of the aggressive activities you display. The hostile propaganda I mention above is very evident in these websites.

A relentless belligerent campaign is waged by you against other competitors this is what an innocent and unsuspecting end user will come across reading through the pages of your websites.

In one very prominent thread alone that stretched 4 pages, not a single post related to stained glass was made but an aggressive attack on a banned member and warnings to anybody that may wish to become a member that they too are in for a slaying if they are not to your liking.

The forum you moderate is full of contentious threads dedicated to the vilification of your competitors. It is inevitable that an editor will come across the pages and thus refuse listing. I found swear words, threats, damning comments, excessive use of avatars within notes etc.

PamellaG, You have openly admitted that you need the help of a resource like this to help your many clients that you have built websites for without first acquiring webmaster skills.

Perhaps you need to first look towards removing the anti competitor propaganda at your websites first before you look to requesting to be listed in DMOZ.

Some horrifying facts also evident, in reading through the mire within the swamp of derisive posts, is that you denounce websites that link to you and you benefit from. Surely, if you are not aware of this basic webmaster skill, you really do need help.

A clear case of “Clean up your act before you apply”.

Samual-Spader, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  2. compostannie

compostannie Peon

Best Answers:
    Samual-Spader where do you get your information? You discuss DMOZ guidelines that don't exist and show a complete ignorance of the directory. Please stop playing DMOZ editor, you aren't very good at it.

If I'm wrong about you and you really are an editor then PLEASE stop spreading this trash and go read the guidelines and internal forums.

How many times do the moderators here have to lock these glass threads? Maybe they should consider banning all of you? :mad:

compostannie, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  3. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:

[ Ignored ] :rolleyes:

popotalk, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  4. Samual-Spader

Samual-Spader Guest

Best Answers:
    compostannie,

:D

You are like a breath of fresh air. You really get up the nose. :D

I notice you are always around. Do you get any sleep? Day, morning, night, weekends etc. You are always around. Unbelievable.

I will check in here Christmas day. Just to see if you are about. :D

5. compostannie

compostannie Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, I don't think I'm around all that much. Really. If you think I'm overly prolific here compare my posting stats to those of others. I checked mine: Total Posts: 975 (1.86 posts per day) Don't worry about me, I can get plenty of sleep between all those 1.86 posts per day. :rolleyes:

I only come to the DMOZ forum. To help. Trolls like you and your friends do not help and they do not want to find help, so why exactly are you here? Stop trolling and go to the Quality Control Forum at Resoruce Zone if you think you have a valid complaint.

There's lead in that solder you glassers use isn't there? You should really try harder to avoid breathing in the fumes.

[Added] Oh dear, I just compared my posting stats to yours. Your stats: Total Posts: 9 (9 posts per day) I have a LONG way to go to catch up to you. And you worry I'm sleep deprived. tsk, tsk

compostannie, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  6. madmaxstainedglass

madmaxstainedglass Peon

Best Answers:
    What I still don't get... if my site does has relevance and is not a mirror image of my other site and Uroboros is not blocking me then why am I not getting accepted. - Guy (Max)

PS: Just for the record Sam Spade was an alias used by this Uroborous, Helbiene (sp), Chupa Chup, The Hulk, and the list goes on. I really wouldn't be surprised she's at least 2 or 3 of you.

madmaxstainedglass, Oct 16, 2006 IP
    jjwill likes this.
  7. jjwill

jjwill Peon

Best Answers:
    It's just a matter of when an editor gets around to looking at the unreviewed in that category, how big of pool of unreveiwed sites there are, how spammy the category is, and where your site falls in the list when pulled up by an editor.

Wow, I knew one of the alias of Helbiene, but didn't know it was that extensive. :(

jjwill, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  8. brizzie

brizzie Peon

Best Answers:
    Is that we on this forum are not interested in the stained glass wars. Take it somewhere else. If you want to know about your site then go ask at resource-zone.com where meta editors hang out and can deal with abuse accusations.

brizzie, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  9. lmocr

lmocr Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO - since both sites are about stained glass and both sites are by the same person or entity (even though their stated purpose is different), they are considered to be related sites. The policy is that related sites should not be suggested.

lmocr, Oct 16, 2006 IP
    jjwill likes this.
  10. Samual-Spader

Samual-Spader Guest

Best Answers:
    madmaxstainedglass,

Give your buddy, or your alias, who you really are, "Rudolph", my regards, I know you are Rudolph. Get the hell out of here. All you know how to do is post ridiculous accusations like you do at my mates glass hobby forum.

:eek:

Compostannie,

Noted, you are correct. :)

Friends? :D

We have to be with the likes of Rudoplh the imposter as Max in here.

11. madmaxstainedglass

madmaxstainedglass Peon

Best Answers:
    So if you are a photographer with a site with your finished work (portraits or whatever they do) and also sell cameras or other photographic supplies you can't have both listed even though they really have nothing to do with each other? Or a Veterinary advertising his services and then have a separate site for pet supplies (all under different names) this won't work either?

Sorry if I seem dense... it just does not compute. - Guy

PS: Why can''t I ask DMOZ questions here brizzie, I thought that's what this board was for.

madmaxstainedglass, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  12. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Would you GLASS PEOPLE STOP !! I am FED UP with your GLASS WARS and you can take this CRAP out of here. My PATIENCE has RUN OUT.

minstrel likes this.
  13. Samual-Spader

Samual-Spader Guest

Best Answers:
    The imposter Rudolph, alias madmaxstainedglass . I think he is posting under many aliases. :D Check him out and kick him out.

14. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ANYBODY who POSTS about FREAKING GLASSES and WARS after this I would have the HONOR to have you ALL get BANNED at DP. WATCH ME.

15. jjwill

jjwill Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone seen my GLASSES? :p

jjwill, Oct 16, 2006 IP
    popotalk likes this.
  16. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    JJ.. Don't let me SIP your Eyeballs. :D

17. Ivan Bajlo

Ivan Bajlo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well considering your cleaning experience you should be able to make sure there is no forensics evidence left - sure wouldn't want to make you angry! ;)

Mine GLASSES are right here!

Ivan Bajlo, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  18. jjwill

jjwill Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL. too funny

jjwill, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  19. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh Ivan. Ivan. Ivan. I'm half done with translation ? All I need to do is to PRESS a button DELETE. :D

20. brizzie

brizzie Peon

Best Answers:
    You do.

That's life. Some people never get it.

You asked the questions, you got the answers, you don't seem to accept the answers. You alleged blocking and editor abuse and since there are no meta editors posting here regularly you are better off going where they do post and can deal properly with that aspect.

The submission guidelines specifically say you must not submit more than one "related" site. That does not prevent related sites being listed at an editor's discretion. Those are the rules. You could have one site with two sections but have elected, presumably because it works better for your business, to have more than one site. DMOZ does not reward webmasters with two listings for their own business decision. It is possible for some businesses to have more than one definitive website on related topics and in that case it is in the interests of ODP users for both to be listed but, and it is an important but, it is editor discretion that determines that and it does not override the webmaster's submission obligations to only submit one.

brizzie, Oct 16, 2006 IP