1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rules Dear mods, please go fuck yourselves

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by pigpromoter, Feb 26, 2011.

I've quite had it with semi-retarded moderators on DP, and this one REALLY crossed the line. I received an infraction for this line:

I know your dumb rule that I am not to post "PM sent!" but you are the ones who have crossed the line here.
    • The first sentence is a constructive remark that should be useful for more than the douche it was aimed at. Hell, it might even start some discussions.
    • The OP in that thread had mentioned that a limited number of review copies were given. When I mentioned that I was in for a copy others could have counted on their own how many reviews are already handed out without the OP bothering to post an update.

I'm quite sick of over-zealous moderators who can't think out of the box. You are frankly making the whole forum experience as shitty as it can be. Go ahead and ban me now.

pigpromoter, Feb 26, 2011 IP
    fastreplies, going2oahu and lead2play like this.
  2. Taofeeq

Taofeeq Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dear Pigpromoter,

I beg you to take it easy. Your outburst is understandable, but at the same time you needn't be vulgar about it sir. Though, I have to admit that I enjoyed such articulation.

I am not a moderator, I am just a concerned DP member. I believe that our collective efforts (both moderators' and ordinary members') is what will make DP the No. 1 site on the World Wide Web.

At present I am also suffering a month-long punishment for what I didn't do. I have been suspended from sending PMs because the computer recognized my multiple messages (just 11 messages which was not intended to sell services nor goods to the recipients) as spams. And all what mighty Shawn told me is that I just have to wait it out.

Pigpromoter, the system and moderators are not perfect, but they are evolving gradually. And one day, DP will cease to erroneously suffer members committed to developing and serving it.

Taofeeq, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  3. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would dispute this, sounds like the mod was in the wrong here.

MarTh-, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  4. lead2play

lead2play Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am also not satisfied with the present DP moderators.
    They gave me an infraction cause i made a duplicate of a post about "selling dp site. How much would you pay for it? "
    When i checked it the thread was 500+days old and i was unaware of that thread
    do i need to check whole of the forum before posting anything ?
    Thats so bad of DP

lead2play, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  5. radiant_luv

radiant_luv Peon

Best Answers:
    As per DP rule you need to bump an older thread instead duplicating it but worse is you can't edit, so how to update the tread with a new offer.

radiant_luv, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  6. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think the infraction was totally appropriate. Clearly the "Send me a copy," is between you and the other poster and belongs in a PM rather than pollute the thread with senseless nonsense. The rules/guidelines are clear on this and there for a reason. I guess you also missed the one about getting an infraction for starting a thread to complain about an infraction!
    Nope, you the one making it a shitty expereince by posting nonsense of no interest to anyone but the other poster.

Agent000, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  7. lead2play

lead2play Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    same question from me, if we cant edit it , we are in need of posting a new thread right ?

lead2play, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  8. course575

course575 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All I can say is "Don't take it personal"

course575, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  9. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    lol because you don't edit threads, silly boy. You simply post necro that thread.

@OP - I quite understand your situation but having a go over an infraction isn't the best way. I'm no moderator but I think you could have handled your issue in a more professional manner as this thread could get you another infraction for an entirely different reason.

As for the whole "PM me" or "PM sent" thingy, I reckon you should have just sent the original poster a PM yourself rather than posting it since it is you who is interested with his review copy, am I wrong?

Grimm, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  10. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's because you should always use the search feature. It's your best friend!

ForgottenCreature, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  11. 2Girls1Cup.info

2Girls1Cup.info Peon

Best Answers:
    You will get ban for using the F word. The mods are fine, PM for a cop then you get no infractions.

2Girls1Cup.info, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  12. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Using the word "fuck" won't get you banned unless used as an expression and not to attack someone. This word is commonly used in the P&R section. :)

Grimm, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  13. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some of the infractions mods give are highly retarded. Once there was a thread from some one who asked that where could he buy email lists on the net and i said that i also want to know where i can sell a account on the net. We both knew that selling this was not allowed on DP and i he was asking the place to buy emails and i was asking where i could sell a paypal account and i got an infraction for selling services like accounts.

laxman363, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  14. Canyoudigit

Canyoudigit Peon

Best Answers:
    Youre a joke. He really deserved an infraction for "polluting the thread"? 1. That is not polluting the thread considering it was either intended to help the other poster or himself. 2. You're making this forum a shitty experience by showing that there are ignorant senseless individuals such as yourself "polluting the thread(s)".

Canyoudigit, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  15. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What they posted was between him and the OP, and therefore belongs in a PM. That is against the forum rules. Its that simple. That is why they got an infraction.
    The rules are there for a reason. They broke them. They got an infraction. Its that simple.

Agent000, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  16. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    You'll regret making this thread later ;)

Hecky, Feb 28, 2011 IP
    Refresher likes this.
  17. Refresher

Refresher Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. When I first saw the title, I thought the OP'd have been banned for sure :p Or perhaps the mods haven't read it yet ;)

[​IMG]

Refresher, Feb 28, 2011 IP
    snakeair and laxman363 like this.
  18. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    People are free to have their opinions. Differing opinions are not against the rules here.

digitalpoint, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  19. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i was banned for 3 years for a "fuck you mods" can you hurry up and ban me for 3 more. i'm getting bored here already

samantha pia, Mar 3, 2011 IP
    wwe_fan9417 likes this.
  20. Mightee

Mightee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you were lucky to get banned for just 3 years!
    they could have banned you for entire life and deleted your account :p

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
    Mightee, Mar 3, 2011 IP