1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Make $100/Month With Niche Websites

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by michaelpowers, Feb 27, 2011.

?

How Much Money Do You Make From Your Mini Niche Websites?

1. $0 to $10 per month

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. $10 - $50 per month

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. $50 - $100 per month

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. $100 - $500 per month

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. $500+ per month

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
    First of all I know what most of you are thinking. Why would I want to spend all my time building a website for only $100/Month? It seems like a waste of time and a lot of effort to make only a small amount of money per month. However if you look at all the perks that you get out of it you may change your mind and think twice about it. If done correctly you can get the websites built quickly and make a lot more money than you think with very little work/effort. You just need to work smarter instead of harder and longer. So this is how I do it.

Pick A Domain

I do some keyword research and find a topic / keyword I want to focus on and then I find a domain that has those keywords in it like – DUI Canada Info. I go to my favorite domain registrar – Namecheap or GoDaddy are pretty decent and I see if the domain is available. If it is I buy it and if not I think of variations of that domain and buy it so I don’t spend more than $10 on the domain.

Setup The Domain On A Hosting Package

I then take the domain and set it up on my hosting package. Which for me is hostgator. You can get a plan that lets you host multiple websites for pretty cheap and its easy to setup. Just need to make sure you don’t get too much traffic or you will go over your bandwidth. However in the grand scheme of things that is GREAT because then you’ll be making more money than you know what to do with it as long as you monetize the page correctly.

Create A Website Template

Creating a basic website template is important because it can be re-used to build multiple websites. If you create a good css/html style page you can easily change the background colors / looks and feel of the website with as little as an hour or less of work to make a 2nd website. Having a template is great because then you can build multiple websites and then you can make $200, $300, $400, $500, etc per month and that amount of money is starting to sound appealing. So if you have any knowledge of programming you will definitely want to do that. That or you’ll need to hire someone to do the work for you and maybe teach you how to edit them so you can create more website in the future. I’ve done this with my website DUI Canada Info. It’s pretty simple. I’ve putting the menu in its own php file so I can edit the menu on all pages with one file. I put the footer and header in their own files so I can do the same thing. And I have a css stylesheet to control the whole website. Then when I create a new website I just copy everything and modify it slightly and start the process again.

Create The Content

Then you will need to create the content. This is by far the most difficult part of the whole process. You’ll need to take the time and write original content that is interesting and people will want to read. Then you’ll start getting ranked in search engines and you’ll start to see traffic. Or the other option is to spend some money and get someone else to write content for your website. This option can be great if you have money. This also comes in handy when you have more websites than you can manage. It will be a lot faster if you get people to write your content for you as well. Writing content for yourself can be very time consuming and tedious if you don’t like to write. If you are passionate about your websites and what you are talking about it may be a lot easier to write articles though. So once I’ve written about 20 - 30 articles that are around 300 – 800 words per article I stop writing. I make sure the articles match the keywords / topics I am focusing on though. For example if I am writing about DUI’s I write about things like DUI Loopholes or New Drinking Laws.

Behind The Scenes Work

Once all the content is done and the page looks pretty I do some behind the scenes work. Such as making sure the page has Google Analytics on it so I can track stats to the site. I submit the website to Google Webmaster Tools. I create a sitemap and submit that. I make sure all the links are working. I make sure all the titles of the pages look good, there are keywords metatags, description metatags, etc. Just make sure everything is clean and running smoothly. Make sure you have your disclaimers, privacy policies, etc at the bottom of your website.

Market The Site

At this point it is time to market the site. This can be very easy if you have money to spend. You can advertise on other peoples sites with banners. You can do ppc (pay per click) with search engines link Bing or Google. You can do other forms of marketing as well though that are free but they take more effort. You can submit articles to article databases. You can do forum posts, blog posts, guest blog posts, etc. You can advertise with social media websites. You can send your link in to pages like Digg or Reddit. You can add links to your other websites that have higher ranking. The other pages you have that have traffic can make you money as well.

Monetize Your Blog

Once you see traffic rolling in you can add some ads or affiliate links to your website. You can use such things as Google Adsense, Affiliates such as Clickbank. There are tons of them out there. You just need to test them. Test the placing and then see what makes you the most amount of money. Do some tests and have fun with it and learn from it. If you place ads in a certain area you my make more money than other places.

Sit Back And Watch The Money Roll In

At this point you’ve gotten to the point you want to be at and you can watch the money roll in. As I mentioned before $100/month doesn’t sound great but what if you got that $100 every month without working on the website after that initial month? What if you just slept for that time and saw $100 go into your bank account? Making money while you sleep. Isn’t that just a great concept? It’s AMAZING. I love making money while I sleep. It’s easy, it’s fun, and all you need to do is login to your computer and see how much more money you’ve made. Anyways – once you done one website you can do another and another and refine your skills as you go to do a better job. Eventually you’ll get really good and it and make a website in a week and see money coming into that website right away. Now the thought of making one of these sites is very appealing. However you need to remember it’s work. So don’t get discouraged if it doesn’t work your first couple tries. I’ve failed many times. You just need to keep trying until you are successful. You’ll never succeed if you keep quitting. Keep coming up with new ideas until one sticks. It will be worth your while. Trust me on that.

michaelpowers, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  2. Mitasha Joshi

Mitasha Joshi Guest

Best Answers:
    good advice .

will it work with changed algorithm of google search ?

Mitasha Joshi, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  3. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have to remember though - not everyone can learn how to make $100 with this article - its not a guide, and isn't helpful.

ForgottenCreature, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  4. floydspence956

floydspence956 Peon

Best Answers:
    really inspiring posting mate
    i only get under $100 /site / month

floydspence956, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  5. vinaylahoti

vinaylahoti Guest

Best Answers:
    even i want that much at least

vinaylahoti, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  6. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah - this should still work. You just need to keep up with the latest SEO techniques. The key to my post is not really a guideline but motivation and to show you it is possible. It is really up to you to make the effort to make this happen. You need to research and learn and test things. If they fail try again until something works.

michaelpowers, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  7. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol thanks for being harsh :). I never said this was a guide. This is more inspiration and a ultra rough outline of the idea behind it. It is up to the person to make the effort to try everything and make the money the hard way. It isn't easy making money online. You need to earn it!

Glad you find it inspiring. That was the idea behind the post :)

Yeah it's a good starting point goal isn't it. Once you reach that you can try for more.

8. mrh3ros

mrh3ros Peon

Best Answers:
    i still study in online earning, but after looking this thread, it make me happy.. very inspiring...

mrh3ros, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  9. quakeage

quakeage Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with this, thanks for the info

quakeage, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  10. s521545

s521545 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good advice ... will try this

s521545, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  11. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad to hear this has inspired you. It will take some time to see the success but the point is to keep at it and you will succeed eventually.

Your welcome for the info!

Glad to hear you will make the effort to try this.

12. RumpledElf

RumpledElf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where's the "I don't have a micro-niche website" option?

RumpledElf, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  13. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Good call. I'll add that option to the blog :)

14. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I am unable to edit the poll now but we can note your vote :)

15. Elemen7s

Elemen7s Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very inspiring, keeps me willing to work harder.

Thanks

Elemen7s, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  16. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem!

17. Dr.Viper

Dr.Viper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great tips.. Can you guide where to get templates for the site..?

Dr.Viper, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  18. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Dr. Viper. I actually created the template from scratch with PHP/CSS/HTML since I am familiar with programming. I guess the other option if you don't know how to code would be to use wordpress. You can go to wordpress.com and you can get a fully hosted site. It wouldn't be exactly the same style as my websites but a blog would work as well. Or the other option is to pay someone to build the template for you. You learn how to edit it and then you create a new site by modifying the old one. Just some thoughts.

michaelpowers, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  19. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad to hear you enjoyed the tips. Adsense is a great way to make revenue. However don't limit yourself to just making money with Adsense. There are many other ways to make money online besides just pay per click. Affiliate product advertising works very well too.

michaelpowers, Mar 1, 2011 IP