1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you mean by Reverse Engineering with competition backlinks

Discussion in 'Google' started by alamest, Feb 23, 2011.

Hi,

The question is on the title but still repeating again, I heard the word reverse engineering with the competitor's backlinks so what does it really means..select one off the answers in the below bullet points or provide me the accurate answer..

- Does it means we have to be more than competitor's backlink
    - Does it mean that we have to follow the same backlink what the competitor's have, does we have to copy exactly from where the backlink is coming to the competitor website
    - Does it mean that we have to be exact with competitor backlinks so we can rank quickly..

In simple way, what does reverse engineering means related to competitor backlinks..I know you guys know it.:confused:

Waiting for reply...

Thanks
    Alam

alamest, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  2. bogs

bogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    never heard that but i think its something related to your competitors backlinks.. learning and improving the same backlinks they have..

bogs, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  3. alamest

alamest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is the reason I asked for, why people don't explain properly..when they talk the important term...

Thanks for the comment...

Alam

alamest, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  4. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That means you doing things for your competitors in a manner that their rank goes down.
    For example getting them links on a link farm etc.

webcosmo, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  5. alamest

alamest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So you mean to say that I will follow exactly what they did so their ranking will go down..ok that is clear..

What do you mean by link farm..never heard

Alam

alamest, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  6. DanAbbamont

DanAbbamont Guest

Best Answers:
    You can't get links to competitors to make them lose ranking. Just doesn't work that way.

All this means is looking at your competitors backlinks to get ideas as to where you can get some for yourself.

DanAbbamont, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  7. Meina

Meina Active Member

Best Answers:
    The closest answer to your question would be this one. If you go to similarweb.com and put in the URL of your competitor's site, you'll see where they get their traffic from. Say they get most of their traffic from a website/blog where they post their ad there. What you can do is go to that website and ask the owner if you can advertise your website there as well.

Meina, Jun 9, 2017 IP