1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any review for entropay.com Virtual visa card ?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Ilyes, Sep 1, 2008.

Hello,
    Is anyone here tested entropay.com ?
    They offer a VCC, but they ask for many information from me like social security number, my actual credit card ...

Is it secure ? Is my actual credit card secure ?
    they offer the vcc for very low prices, that why I'm asking ...

Ilyes, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  2. CineTube

CineTube Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes entropay.com provides VCC for online purchases.It is obvious that Entoropay.com wants to be in a secure place to deal with the fraud people and thats why they ask a lot of information. I think it is safe as well as secure.

Your credit card will also be secure. As a personal experience, I was quite frightened of using credit card on net as my credit card might get stolen. Entropay.com came with the solution of this problem I faced earlier. Using the VCC you can make purchases without submitting your actual credit card information.

CineTube, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  3. lychee

lychee Active Member

Best Answers:
    i've been using them for about 6 months now.
    had my paypal verified with it no probs.
    their customer service are also quick and helpful.
    and the site is easy to use and manage.

i recommend it.

lychee, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  4. Ilyes

Ilyes Banned

Best Answers:
    Thank you friends,
    And is it true the %4,.. of every funding is the only fee ? So no hidden fees ? right ?

Ilyes, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  5. lychee

lychee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not that i've come across. the statement of your credit card are quite specific about everything you pay.

lychee, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  6. loverctgu

loverctgu Banned

Best Answers:
    is it possible to use from bangladesh?

loverctgu, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  7. Ilyes

Ilyes Banned

Best Answers:
    I think you can use anywhere in the world, but you need an existing cedit/debit card to fund it.

Ilyes, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  8. cybergirl

cybergirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello everyone, I opened a entropay account today no problems then I went to upload funds when i clicked upload i got a message saying problem encounted your information doesn't match, well thats a croc as I registered with all my correct details then I clicked upload funds again nothing, I then check my account and the amount was debited out of my credit card twice but no funds in my entropay card I am still waiting for a response back from then just wondering has anyone encounted any problems like this.

cybergirl, Sep 18, 2008 IP
  9. smarthyip

smarthyip Banned

Best Answers:
    If you want vcc instantly for shopping, contact me. I sell VCC.

smarthyip, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  10. ludwing

ludwing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I need vcc to verified my paypal account, which do you recommend to me?

ludwing, Sep 19, 2008 IP
  11. Hannes

Hannes Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had an Entropay Visa and can only say: STAY AWAY !

If you do not use the Visa or do not log into "your" account they will do the following:
    a) They lock your account
    b) They lock your credit card
    c) They deduct 5$ from your funding source for the "administrative tasks"
    d) They will cease ANY support with you, no responses and no way to resolve this.

Stay away, far away!

Hannes, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  12. rome

rome Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't understand why do you intend to defame an organisation with wrong reviews, I am a user of Entropay since many years and I can assure you Entropay are professional and have dedicated customer service to resolve issues/

rome, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  13. tahir.1990

tahir.1990 Guest

Best Answers:
    I dont trust Virtual cards as they are charging too much.For a $50 VCC,you have to pay $97 and for $100 VCC you have to $145 and so on.

tahir.1990, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  14. gottareview

gottareview Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know (yet) if Entropay keeps information secure, but they are most definitely NOT convenient and they are highly intrusive. The whole experience has given me the creeps. I wish I had NOT entered any of my credit card information. Really hoping I don't get messed up over this. After I tried to sign up I was asked to provide all of the following:

1.) A clear copy of your Passport, Photographic Drivers Licence or I.D. Card (both sides).
    2.) A clear copy of both sides of all funding sources registered on your account, (For security reasons, we only need to see the first 6 and last 4 digits, Please COVER the 3 digit security code (CVV)). If your funding source is a Virtual Card, please send us a screenshot.
    3.) A clear copy of a recent utility bill, on which your name and address are clearly visible.
    4.) The name of the merchant at which you intend to spend.
    You may send the documents via the Help Desk inside your account which is a secure channel.
    Log into your EntroPay account, click on Help and Support, select helpdesk, click new request and attach the documents.

gottareview, May 5, 2011 IP
  15. neil_buzzerchat_staff

neil_buzzerchat_staff Banned

Best Answers:
    just using them and they looks nice to me.

neil_buzzerchat_staff, May 6, 2011 IP
  16. bnathan

bnathan Peon

Best Answers:
    To anyone searching for info about them: yes, they're legit, but if they see something they don't like (I don't even know what I did wrong, probably signed in from my second computer), they block the account and ask for Passport and Driver's license (yep, both). I wouldn't trust them with that info ever for some petty virtual card...

bnathan, May 15, 2011 IP
  17. florini13

florini13 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I just registered to share my (brief) experience with entropay. It's a long pedantic message, you can skip to the TLDR if you don't feel like reading it.

I went ahead and registered for a VCC until I got to the part where the card needs to be loaded. There were several payment options and I chose to pay by card. I entered the details of my Visa which I use regularly for online transactions, and pressed Submit.

"Transaction failed."

Oh, I must have entered the wrong security code. I input the field again carefully, Submit.

"Transaction failed."

Oh boy there's something wrong with another field. I went back and re-entered all the card details, carefully checking every letter and digit. Submit.

"Transaction failed."

By now, the option to pay by card was gone. I called my bank to see why the transaction wouldn't go through - the card has sufficient funds and I use it regularly. They told me that there are 3 failed transactions (correct), all of them with the same message: my card is not enrolled in 3D Secure, and the merchant requires it.

If 3D Secure is mandatory, why wouldn't they let me know beforehand?

By now I noticed there was an email from entropay in my inbox, which started like this: "Whilst carrying out a random security check , we have noticed that your account needs further verification, and we have temporarily restricted your account." and went on to request:
    That message pissed me off. Let's recap:
    - they didn't warn me that 3D Secure was mandatory, and rejected 3 perfectly good transactions because I didn't have it;
    - they bullshit me about "a random security check" - nothing random there, a transaction failed 3 times... making me look suspicious because they didn't bother to list clear requirements;
    - so now I have to provide them 3 pounds of documentation for the privilege of using their esteemed service.

My response to their email:
    At this point they could have made it right with a simple email along the lines of
    "Dear Florin,
    Sorry for the inconvenience, I regret that the lack of info about the 3D Secure requirement gave you extra work. Please realize though that our security procedures are automated and once a transaction fails 3 times we are required to ask for all this additional crap. There's nothing I can do but offer my apologies again and hope to have you as our esteemed customer.
    Best regards,
    Friendly support staffer"

Except instead of that, they sent me a robotic message signed "EntroPay Security Team" which simply repeated the instructions about what to send them. No trace of acknowledgement of my actual message.

I responded with
    They replied
    Again, NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THE ACTUAL ISSUE, WHICH WAS THE LACK OF CLARITY OF THEIR WEBSITE. The end was near. Me:
    Them:
    which of course was again abusive and rude - I was threatening to take my business elsewhere, true, but I hadn't requested them to close my account.

TLDR: entropay are suspicious, arrogant, their website is not listing clearly all the requirements and they have rude support. Entropay probably assumes that, given their customers aren't US residents, there's not much they can do if they get pissed so the company doesn't really need to bother with courtesy, professional support and the likes.

florini13, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  18. dindilonnet

dindilonnet Peon

Best Answers:
    I registered For Entropay and did a successful transaction of 20$ from my Indian Credit Card to VCC. They deducted around 21$(Including transaction charge) from my credit card and within couple of minutes I got a mail "We are writing to inform you that your EntroPay account has been suspended.". I don't understand this. My credit card has been deducted 21$(3D Secure) and after deduction within couple of minutes my account got suspended. Is it that you aren't eligible If you are an Indian.Their suport is sending the same mail again and again "We are writing to inform you that your EntroPay account has been suspended.". Anyone has encountered this issue. What needs to be done to activate my account.Any help or pointers on this will be greatly appreciated.

dindilonnet, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  19. Just need it

Just need it Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am in india and using entropay from last few months, I have a great experience with them and rarely face any issue,But whenever something wrong happens with my account their support team pops up rapidly and vanish after resolving it, i had my paypal verified with my entropay vcc, made many purchase, hell ridiculous transactions (0.001$, few times :p ), i spent hundreds of $ and there were no hidden charges except their 4.59 % or so card funding fees.
    My overall experience with entropay is very good and their support team is always ready to help you.
    PS for Indian friends: you can fund entropay vcc with any indian credit or debit card, visa, master card or maestro. There is some extra card information which they ask for and you dont have it provided by bank so for this just register your card for 3D secure code and all other information is as below.:
    cvv : last 3 digits of your card number if it is a maestro
    expiry date for maestro card : just add 5 years and 8 months to "VALID FROM" date of your maestro card.
    All other information they require is provided by your bank.
    All the best.

Just need it, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  20. dindilonnet

dindilonnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Got my money back but unfortunately didn't get any response why my account has been suspended. Has anyone created new VCC using Indian Credit card after the RBI recent guidelines on Entropay Plastic cards ?

dindilonnet, Jul 18, 2011 IP