1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it worth having a page on multiple Social Networks

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Aaron Cook, Feb 19, 2011.

Hi All,

I currently have 2 pages for my site on Twitter and Facebook; The most popular 2 I believe.

Do you think it is worth setting up pages on more social networks, and so which ones?

Thanks

Aaron Cook, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  2. SEKr

SEKr Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely worth. Like you have publish the product in very type and location of advertisement.

SEKr, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  3. CherryRahtu

CherryRahtu Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so, fish where fish are, if most of your clients are on twitter and facebook, you should focus on twitter and facebook or you can consider other niche social media sites. Do some research about your target audience online behavior :)

CherryRahtu, Feb 19, 2011 IP
  4. slutz

slutz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I reckon it's worth it. I recieve a lot of traffic daily from FaceBook, just give it a shot you have nothing to lose.

~ Slutz ~

slutz, Feb 20, 2011 IP
  5. cazort

cazort Peon

Best Answers:
    I receive a lot of traffic from twitter and facebook but other sites have only sent a very small amount of traffic. I've gotten a tiny bit of traffic from Gather. Also, if there are niche social sites, you can get traffic from them. My tea site receives traffic from niche tea-oriented social sites (it is in fact its own tea-oriented social site too).

It's funny, Gather doubles as an article directory and social networking site. I've found that I get more traffic from the social features (i.e. links I leave in discussions) than from articles I post.

cazort, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  6. lilaspr

lilaspr Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter and Fecbook definitely a must place to have profile. But i get a lot of traffic from linkedin, Tumblr, Digg and stumbleupon as-well. Digg and stumbleupon are considered as a social bookmarking site but has a lot of networking features too. It all depends on you niche as mine is Business and Tech Google Buzz helps me a lot too. SO i would say its worth having a page on multiple Social Networks other then traffic it helps you in research and making contacts.

lilaspr, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  7. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I would set an account on every site that ping.fm supports, than use ping to update them all at once ;)

Brandon Sheley, Feb 21, 2011 IP
  8. Wevio

Wevio Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely yes, its always better to get registered with many social networks because you woudnt want miss anyone noticing your website.

Wevio, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  9. swasts

swasts Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah...you should go for it. Maybe someone said facebook got a lot user worldwide so just focused on Facebook.
    But I said NO!!....my website also got a lot of traffic from other social networking like twitter, linkedin, myspace and so on...

swasts, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  10. Jeff Collision

Jeff Collision Peon

Best Answers:
    Good job done. Bing gives real time results from facebook while Google gives real time results from Twitter. Your site will gain more traffic.

Jeff Collision, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  11. sannyhenry

sannyhenry Peon

Best Answers:
    Better is always use new sources for promotion do not stuck on one or two.

sannyhenry, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  12. Atco_Maart

Atco_Maart Peon

Best Answers:
    handling multiple accounts are quiet tedious ... and takes much time in acceleration too..

Atco_Maart, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  13. Atco_Maart

Atco_Maart Peon

Best Answers:
    better to get registered with many social networks cuz anyone can easily noticing your website by social presence.

Atco_Maart, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  14. labtest

labtest Peon

Best Answers:
    Its always helpful. If we have multiple accounts then we can get multiple back links. for every back link targeted key word will be popped , and PR also improved. So i agree with you

labtest, Feb 24, 2011 IP
  15. nchrist

nchrist Peon

Best Answers:
    Well as for my opinion, its always depends on how you use it. If your business is successful in using facebook and twitter well that's good to hear. What matters most is that you can focus on both pages.

nchrist, Feb 28, 2011 IP
  16. Oceanus

Oceanus Member

Best Answers:
    I would say no, if that is where your target market it then why waste time on other social networking sites? You can get a couple hits from other places but in my experience it hasn't been worth it. Instead, invest what you put into those two sites unless you find another platform to be more useful.

Oceanus, Mar 7, 2011 IP