1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anchor text and keyword help please!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mishdog, Feb 17, 2011.

OK so I know what anchor text is, and if course I know what keywords is.

I will explain my confusion...

I often read that I should be inserting my keywords in anchor text linking back to me site, for example when writing articles.

This doesnt make sense to me, up until now I have been inserting the odd keyword in any lenses/articles I write, and the anchor text is the link to my website.

If you dont use the link to your website in the anchor text, and instead you use more keywords, how is this of any benefit since it doesnt link to your site?

mishdog, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  2. unna

unna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it does not matter.

unna, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  3. mishdog

mishdog Peon

Best Answers:
    What doesnt matter?

My main question is how exactly do people include keywords in anchor text, when you have to put your link in the anchor text?

For example say my main keyword is SEO, when I type SEO in the article I would insert a hyperlink back to my website.

Is this not the right way to do things?

mishdog, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  4. Fadi4u

Fadi4u Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anchor Text Means that the Keyword which you want to link with your site, For Example you saw many signatures in the different Forums, these signature represents anchor text as well as link of the site..

Now come To Your Second Question, You can use Diffrent keywords in your anchor text to promote your keyword and URL is the necessary element to make an anchor text..

Fadi4u, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  5. facetube

facetube Peon

Best Answers:
    That's correct. I wouldn't bother varying it either. If you are asking how you embed it, use <a href="http://www.mywebsite.com">my anchor text</a>

facetube, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  6. mishdog

mishdog Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply.

OK so since you have to put your link in the anchor text, its impossible to put keywords in it, so I assume I have gotten in a muddle.

Incidently, how many different keywords do people usually optimise sites for? I see some people only do one, but I am focusing on about 5..

mishdog, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  7. kattok

kattok Peon

Best Answers:
    I use mainly 2 or 3 words, but sometimes I put the other words in order to be a little variation.

kattok, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  8. eimroda

eimroda Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't understand what you meant when you say "..put your link in the anchor text.." you can't put a link in an anchor text. what you can incorporate in an anchor text are the keywords that you are optimizing for that points to your website. If you have 5 keywords, then you can make a combination of the 5 keywords to be in the anchor text or create various links that can contain your different keywords in the anchor texts

eimroda, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  9. pom4ik

pom4ik Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What happens if the anchor text is too long? i am a assuming that if a web-page has a spesific content and a trageted keyword it best to link to that page instade of the home page is that correct?

thanks

pom4ik, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  10. eimroda

eimroda Peon

Best Answers:
    If I get you right, that's the landing page you are talking. Yes, 5 keywords for me are too much for the homepage so you can create landing pages and point to those pages instead of the homepage.

eimroda, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  11. pom4ik

pom4ik Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks ... that's exactly what i meant ... sry for the confusion.

what about page ranking. landing pages might get different ranking than the home page?

pom4ik, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  12. saqib889

saqib889 Peon

Best Answers:
    if you use anchor text then that backlink will even be more helpful.

other wise backlink is still a backlink

saqib889, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  13. alamin_reb

alamin_reb Peon

Best Answers:
    if you want to get well rank for the keyword make money. Then you need to build link using anchor text make money

alamin_reb, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  14. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    I would share your backlinks over a number of terms. Make the linking look natural. A natural link profile would be mainly focused on your keywords, but people talking about you on forums etc might link using terms like Have a look here" or using your comapny name, or your name. So, link with a range of terms, but focus on your keywords with the vast majority of backlinks!

Jim bob 9 pants, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  15. Trioman

Trioman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even though you are using only one keyword to link to you home page, does not mean you can't still use a variation of that one keyword. For example, you can rank for atlanta plumber, but not rank for plumber in atlata, so it important that you use different variations of your keyword as well.

Trioman, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  16. louis d

louis d Member

Best Answers:

just so you are clear on this one ... anchor text is a link usualy linking to your content with your keywords in it............... it can be a backlink from an external site or it can be anchor text on your own site...

so if you wanted to leave a comment or put anchor text in an article to your site ... you would do this... put this code ...

<a href=”http://yourdomain.com”>keywords/anchortext</a> where you want the anchor text link placed then where it says keywords/anchortext put your keywords

there and where it says http://yourdomain.com put the url that you want to link to . The whole point to this is to show the search engines what your content is relevant too.... therefore optimising your content for a specific keyword to rank in google...

you may already know this but wnated to make sure :)

louis d, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  17. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    I got confuse in your post, can't really understand it fully... if the keywords are place in your site content, purpose of that is for the spiders to crawl your keyword and possible to see in the serp... Is that what you want to know?

Excel 8, Feb 17, 2011 IP
  18. mishdog

mishdog Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks louis D. Did kinda know that anyway, just somehow comfused myself thinking the URL and the keywords were the anchor text, but the URL is not!

mishdog, Feb 17, 2011 IP