1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Share your traffic getting strategies

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by powerstrike, Feb 15, 2011.

Hi everyone my biggest problem right now is getting traffic to my website and ranking in Google I just cannot reach first page rankings

powerstrike, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  2. gags85

gags85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on the niche that you are into.Let me know what niche you are into may be then I can help you out.
    Thanks and regards

gags85, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  3. roxalesgd

roxalesgd Peon

Best Answers:
    Best thing in my opinion is dont be afraid to approach other people in similar niches, for advice and help. If you ask nicely more often than not people are willing to help

roxalesgd, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  4. louis d

louis d Member

Best Answers:
    louis d, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  5. scorpio007

scorpio007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Does paid traffic work?

scorpio007, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  6. Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Scor, the simple answer is 'depends' paid traffic can be good or bad. So let's discuss good and then you will know what's bad. Traffic is good if it is targeted and comes from a reliable source. But it is not the answer to plenty of sales necessarily.
    You can get 5,000 quality targeted traffic for example from list builder pro for peanuts. It is targeted and only for you no one else. But is it responsive to buying your product? In my experience not good enough. So the answer is to get not only targeted traffic but traffic that is ready to buy.
    Best for that is to buy quality back links. That's what works. As many quality back links as you can get your hands on and tallied in the correct method for best results. There are many places to get links plenty here in this site as well.
    I hope these points are helpful they are based on my experience and I'm sure not everyone will agree with them, if they aren't helpful discard them but thanks for allowing me to comment on your post.

Daniel Boone, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  7. bigznet

bigznet Member

Best Answers:
    How long have you been working on obtaining your rankings? Keep in mind, it won't happen overnight. Although people will debate about whether or not the Google "sandbox" actually exists, it takes time for a new website to build up it's rankings. Sometimes it can take up to a year before any significant positions are achieved.

As other posters have mentioned, it also depends on your niche. Obviously, the more competitive the niche, the harder it will be to get good rankings. So expect even more time if it's very competitive.

If you are in a competitive niche, you might consider targeting less competitive "long-tail" search terms. Although these won't drive as much traffic, they'll be easier to rank for and at least you'll start creating some income...

bigznet, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  8. famous2313

famous2313 Member

Best Answers:
    Of course paid traffic works....When using paid traffic you will have to test it on a smaill scale first them
    ramp it up.

famous2313, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  9. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    Steve Marino, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  10. MelbourneGraphicDesign

MelbourneGraphicDesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Different methods work for different people and businesses. But, if you want to get the general things being done by people, then these include SEO, article marketing, blogging, social networking, blog commenting, forum posting and social bookmarking. These may not all work for you, so you would need to find out what works best for your niche. But, in today's business world where social interaction is also a big part in marketing, forum posting, blog commenting and social networking are becoming very effective ways to increase traffic to your site.

MelbourneGraphicDesign, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  11. abelchua

abelchua Peon

Best Answers:
    One thing you should do is build authority backlinks. This would help to pull you up in rankings. You should also have quality content with the right amount of keyword density so that the search engines can find you.

abelchua, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  12. sherryyang

sherryyang Peon

Best Answers:
    I cann't agree any with you, Different methods work for different people and business, the goals are same.Forum posting, blog commenting and social networking (facebook, twitter), just do it, but not stop!

sherryyang, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  13. conferenceshopper

conferenceshopper Peon

Best Answers:
    I made a lot of backlinks and find it good but the result out that i gain a lot of traffic from facebook and twitter.

conferenceshopper, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  14. derrickschwan

derrickschwan Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogging, article submission, joining forums and social media aggregates.

derrickschwan, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  15. silentincome

silentincome Peon

Best Answers:
    I consistently use Social Media and RSS feed to rank page1 with main keyword

silentincome, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  16. Ron Savage

Ron Savage Peon

Best Answers:
    What are you trying to rank on google a website, a blog or a squeeze page? you will never get a squeeze page ranked on the first page in google.

Ron Savage, Feb 16, 2011 IP
  17. Qtheninja

Qtheninja Peon

Best Answers:
    I think I tend to agree that different markets, and micro-industries tend to have different responses. When I first started dabbling with the websites I had a site that I was interested in that had little cash value and low competition and I wrote about 20 articles on it and mapped my whole website as such.

Though social media is great when your website may not need a lot of information such as a five page website or less. You can write little articles, updates so on via social media. It also allows better 'viewership' of who is looking into the glass windows and looking at your product. Its surprising sometimes the demographics who are following some of these business pages on facebook.

Qtheninja, Feb 16, 2011 IP
  18. hakraz

hakraz Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually i do like any other owner of websites the same methods social media and these other stuff you could get alot of visitors but i'm right now in the begining of my website so i read most of replies and its were very useful.

hakraz, Feb 16, 2011 IP
  19. cheesee

cheesee Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you think that will actually work? Have you had any success doing so? Why would sites with similar niches want to help you...They will just look at your site as competition.

Try making youtube videos, twitter, facebook fan page, directory submissions, free traffic exchange sites(like trafficswarm), and good SEO will build up your traffic.

cheesee, Feb 16, 2011 IP
  20. jhkoenig

jhkoenig Peon

Best Answers:
    Blog postings and comments on other people's blogs with backlinks seem to be the (boring) secret to success. A lot of elbow grease, but there is no magic wand.

jhkoenig, Feb 16, 2011 IP