1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google catches cheater - it's Bing!

Discussion in 'Bing' started by drhowarddrfine, Feb 1, 2011.

1. faheem334

faheem334 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i do not think that this might happen, bing stealing from google, i cannot believe....

faheem334, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  2. 3g4g

3g4g Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    why dont sell bing to google case solved! :D

3g4g, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  3. JimBoom

JimBoom Peon

Best Answers:
    This whole nerdfight between G and B is kind of funny, since no one uses Bing anyway. To watch a losing company cheat on the winner is just sad. The reality is, Bing is not doing "wholescale" cheating... they are simply using data collected by enabled browswers from Google, not to mention all other sites those users visit, and using it as a signal in their own results. Is it wrong that the end result is a copied search result? Well, maybe, but this is new territory... Google offers a free product, and it doesn't say that you can't use their product for your own business. I do it every day, for heaven's sake. This is what you get from a free, robust internet. If Bing really brings nothing new to the party then they will fail, and the free market of the web will have done it's job.

JimBoom, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  4. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your obvious deep dislike for anything to do with Microsoft makes you blind to see/read what is written and being said in the article and various other ones. I standby my comments. I don't hate or love Google or MS, so i can read and understand anything written without any prejudice.

hhsaus, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  5. The-Joker

The-Joker Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what Google thinks, that Microsoft is cheating and copying its search results. I have already quoted search engine experts who believe Google's accusation are silly. Using user data with the help of toolbar to improve search results is the tactic which was first used and endorsed by the Google. Experts have said even with the help of this trick its impossible for Microsoft to display Google's results. See me quote earlier.

Some more experts have made statement on the issue
    Most of the experts are not buying Google's statement. Some have even questioned the method of Google to find out Bing is copying results. Others believe that Google is just trying to divert the negativity surrounding itself to Microsoft. ITA deal and accusations of Manipulating search results have dented Google's Image and people have started to think that Google is the next Evil Empire. This incident will only add to this.

The-Joker, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  6. leeshamore

leeshamore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I, personally, don't use Bing. Even as copycats they are not as good as the expert (Google) which they envy. I see darkness in Bing's future. Hey Microsoft, stick with software!

leeshamore, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  7. musichangout.com

musichangout.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol Microsoft might think in this way.

musichangout.com, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  8. TUWS

TUWS Peon

Best Answers:
    So you believe Google's old "do no evil" crap? It's a case of the pot calling the kettle black. If readers are not familiar that idiom google it for a comprehensive explanation.

TUWS, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  9. TUWS

TUWS Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is the biggest plaiarist on the Internet. Books and newspapers to name just two instances.

TUWS, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  10. TUWS

TUWS Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyway who cares? It's spat between two very large corporations who don't give a toss about anyone.

TUWS, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  11. imranamen6

imranamen6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Things can be improved by seeing others. You cant be perfect right from the beginning so seeing others or copying there methodologies to improve yourself is not called cheating. For an example: Sony gets PlayStation 3 with some better features by taking the idea and getting much more better Like Xbox 360 is a good thing. Why people always think negative? You can only improve yourself after seeing others you are not a born Professor to know each and everything from the date you are born you learn to improve things!!!!!!

imranamen6, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  12. neeshu

neeshu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The new google images is inspired from bing image results so is google copying as well

neeshu, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  13. totaledge

totaledge Peon

Best Answers:
    Bing is backed by Microsoft and its strange that they need to do something like this instead of improving their own algorithm. When some product is associated with a company like Microsoft, you need to play it straight!

totaledge, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  14. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    Bing doesnt suck that much and microsoft isn't a low life company.

chinasa, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  15. SafeandSoundMastering

SafeandSoundMastering Peon

Best Answers:
    They say emulation is the best form of flattery.

SafeandSoundMastering, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  16. customautoblogs

customautoblogs Member

Best Answers:
    The Art of War. It seems that Micro$oft has a lot of dirty tricks up it's sleeves.

customautoblogs, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  17. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Put it to you this way. Microsoft has been fined $2 billion dollars on two continents for illegal activities. They are under US Federal oversight for the last 12 years and must report to the federal government inspectors every quarter all their activities. The EU has restrictions on sales of Windows in Europe due to illegal activities and fined them well over $1 billion for those. Has anything remotely like this happened to Google? No. How much do you pay Microsoft for their products? How much do you pay Google?

If your neighbor is hauled into court and convicted of a crime once, then a second time, and has to wear an ankle detector so the police can watch his movements, are you going to claim he's a good guy?

drhowarddrfine, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  18. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Bing copied Google's results, then posted them as their own. It's like taking a book and pasting your name on as the author.

drhowarddrfine, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  19. SafeandSoundMastering

SafeandSoundMastering Peon

Best Answers:
    Such massive institutions will try what they can to get the results they need sadly they are not always morally correct or fair.

SafeandSoundMastering, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  20. anta

anta Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hahahaha, very funny and somehow I believe if Bing is really copying google

anta, Feb 6, 2011 IP