1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google catches cheater - it's Bing!

Discussion in 'Bing' started by drhowarddrfine, Feb 1, 2011.

Link
    Google questioned how Bing managed to get better search results so they set up a sting to see if Bing was copying Google's search results. And they were!

Microsoft has always been a low-life company and they're still at their dirty, underhanded ways. They can't innovate by themselves so they lie, cheat and steal instead. (Proven fact. Google for US vs Microsoft)

drhowarddrfine, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  2. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if Bind is indeed doing what is claimed in the article you have to say that they are really clever. They are just doing what Google seems to be doing with all of their services (using user generated data to improve their services).
    I say well done to them. Let Google have a bit of it's own medicine.

hhsaus, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  3. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    You obviously haven't a clue what you're talking about. While Google looks at what people search for and uses that information, Bing takes Googles information and displays it as their own. In publishing it's called plagiarism.

While Google makes billions from their hard work, Microsoft/Bing is trying to profit by stealing that work. In the end, Microsoft still loses over $500 million annually running Bing and might get sued over this to boot.

Microsoft is a known, convicted criminal on two continents. Doing this is expected of them. Like all criminals, Microsoft has a history of such bad, illegal behavior.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  4. People Are People

People Are People Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow thats a bummer

People Are People, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  5. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    "If you can't beat them, rip them off" appears to be the order of the day at Microsoft HQ.

Steve Marino, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  6. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    Or in a lot of big corporations cases, if you can't beat them just buy them.

gameutopia, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  7. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Microsoft admits ripping off Google's search results:

8. iTunes

iTunes Member

Best Answers:
    Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

When I first saw the advertisements for Bing I thought to myself "How can anybody open a new search engine and think they can overrule Google?"

The amount of eBooks and tutorials (Paid and free) that float around the internet boasting about how they can help you to boost your Google rankings are in countless supply.

Bing is an anomaly, in the sense that Microsoft would happily pump millions of dollars into the support, development and running of the SE.

The fact that people still fight for Google rankings and not Bing means that people are more likely to ignore Bing until the day (which will most likely never come in my lifespan) when Google shuts down and Bing is the leader of the market due to the amount of cash behind it.

iTunes, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  9. luxs

luxs Active Member

Best Answers:
    I did'nt understand, what exactly bing takes from google. Just very similr technique..

luxs, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  10. iTunes

iTunes Member

Best Answers:
    They're analyzing their user's clicking techniques and tracking them.

Then transferring the data to their database to make sure their listings basically match Googles, thus increasing the likelihood people will list sites on there.

iTunes, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  11. Jennifar

Jennifar Peon

Best Answers:
    If Bind is indeed doing what is claimed in the article you have to say that they are really clever. They are just doing what Google seems to be doing with all of their services (using user generated data to improve their services).
    I say well done to them.

Jennifar, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  12. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of topics on this already... And like I said in one of the others, who could really blame Bing for wanting to be as big and as successful as Google? :p

EvanP, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  13. The-Joker

The-Joker Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of articles that I have read on the issue says that Google is intimated by Bing which has resulted in such accusation. Seekingalpha says that Google is trying to divert the attention from the investigations it is facing. Below in the quote from PC World Article:
    A lot of comments of this issue also suggests that Google is unnecessary intimated by Bing.

The-Joker, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  14. Xai

Xai Peon

Best Answers:
    It's business, how else are they going to get users to use their search over a giant like google?

Xai, Feb 4, 2011 IP
  15. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    And Google doesn't do anything a little sneaky either I'll bet. I don't like some of the things either one of them do. They both will try to squash anyone, business, corporation, or other that gets in their way. They are not alone. Plenty of other big companies and corporations stoop to sneaky tactics when it comes to the competition. It would be kind of funny to see these two get into some kind of pissing match. I don't think that would happen, but it might be fun and interesting.

gameutopia, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  16. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Naughty Bing. You'd have thought they could steal their data from a better source, wouldn't you?

contentboss, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  17. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Uh, yeah. Puny little Bing, a company with 10% market share that loses half a billion dollars every year, is intimidating Google, a company with 70% share and billions upon billions in profits.

drhowarddrfine, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  18. The-Joker

The-Joker Peon

Best Answers:
    What you are saying is absolutely right. However most of the experts in search engine are not buying Google's statement. Like I said earlier they believe that Google is not used to competition in its core business and therefore its responding like this. Some has even said that the comments made my Google executive is his personal views and not Google's.

Even I don't think Bing is a threat for Google but the view of experts is different. I think almost everyone is surprised by Google's statement. There are several articles where author has tried to match the results for some rare keywords using the same method as Google did but could not find any similarities. Overall this time may be Google's strategy has backfired.

The-Joker, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  19. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    The difference is, Google used made up words. If Bing was doing their own work, and not relying on Google, how could they search the internet and find these made up, non-existent words? It would be one thing if the words really existed on web sites somewhere. It's another for Bing to display words that exist nowhere.

iow, Bing is riding on Google's back. Any business worth its salt would be embarrassed to be caught doing that. Microsoft says "so what?".

drhowarddrfine, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  20. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Bing just sucks. But I heard this a week ago.

indyonline, Feb 5, 2011 IP