1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I improve my site listing?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by wordpecker, Feb 1, 2011.

Hello All,
    I own a blog http://webhealthcare.info. The blog is based on several categories. That is the reason I am failing to progress. I am not getting visitors at all. What can I do with the blog? Should I go in the same way? I am not standing for any keyword what so ever. How much competitive keyword I must choose (Less than 1k or less than 500)? Can I make it micro niche now for proper updation? Any advice from you experts....
    Thanks a lot.

wordpecker, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  2. AliImran786

AliImran786 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi WordPecker,

For starers, your website is not optimized properly. Do you want it to show up for people who are typing in Web Health Care? You need to research and figure out what keywords you wish to optimize your website for and then research their relevant volume. Also figure out what websites are showing up on Google for those keywords. If strong companies like webhealthcentre.com and others are showing up, then realize that it will take an extremely long time and a lot of link building to get your website ranked any where on 1st page for that keyword.

That is why it is best to start off by targeting narrow, long-tail and more focused keywords so that your site gets indxed for something as a base.

Furthermore, I think you need to rework the design aspect of your site as well and give it a more nice and clean cut appearance. Otherwise the bounce rate of your site will be fairly high.

AliImran786, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  3. wordpecker

wordpecker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot Ali. I have picked up lots of topics and started writing on those. Do you think that I must concentrate on anything specific rather than roaming heather and tether? Please let me know.
    And thanks for your suggestion regarding the design.

4. wordpecker

Best Answers:
    Less competitive keywords means what? Less than 1k?

5. AliImran786

AliImran786 Peon

Best Answers:
    Less competitive in the sense that when you search those keywords on Google; which websites are you competing with? Which websites will you have to jump over in order to grab the 1st page rank. For example, when I search Web Health Care, the first website I see is webhealthcentre.com (a page rank 6 website) and the 10th ranked website I see is webhealth.co.nz which is also a page rank 6 website. Both these websites are extremely strong. So in other words - you will not rank for the keyword Web Health Care anytime soon. However, if you long tail it with something like Web Health Care Miami or Web Health Care For Diabetes (both are just examples), you probably have a lot better chance than just optimizing your site for Web Health Care (I am not saying it will become easy, I am just saying you will have a better chance of getting ranked - nevertheless it will still take time).

And since you are using WordPress for your site, I suggest you download and install the following plugins:

All-In-One-SEO Tool
    Google XML Sitemaps

Tweet This (to syndicate your blog posts to Twitter)

Hope that helps.

6. wordpecker

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot once again. Now I understand what do you mean by competitive keyword. I will try these tips now onwards. One more question - what do you think about several niches? Is it okay for long run?

7. AliImran786

AliImran786 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure what you mean by several niches. Do you mean you wish to optimize your website for different related keywords; such as based on the different categories? If so - yes that is fine. For example, you can optimize your home page for one targeted keyword, and then on the Child Care Plans page you can optimize the title with another targeted keyword. I hope I am answering the question based on what you ask. If not, then can you just clarify what you mean.

8. wordpecker

Best Answers:
    Yes, that is what i was pointing out. how can i manage different niches? like i have categories like stop smoking, child care plans, anxiety, self improvement, diabetes and so on. i need to optimize each topic with targeted keywords, right?

9. JasonWrightt

JasonWrightt Peon

Best Answers:
    Try and rank for long tail keywords and add more backlinks to your blog.

JasonWrightt, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  10. AliImran786

AliImran786 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes that is correct - you will be able to do this easily with the All-In-One-SEO tool plugin for WordPress.

11. wordpecker

Best Answers:
    okay. so now my task is to choose less competitive keywords using goolge keyword tracker tool. long tain of course.

12. Figure

Figure Peon

Best Answers:
    It takes a long time to build up quality traffic. I also have learned that trying to be everything to everyone is not an effective strategy. I would choose one topic and organize your site around that. Then work on the keywords as you are suggesting.

Figure, Feb 1, 2011 IP