1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help me in choosing a good copywriter for one of my short sales page

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by akki313, Jan 27, 2011.

Hey

This is the first time I'm hiring a copywriter and literally its a big pain in a$$ to choose the right one..

I put a thread and receive several PMs along with their writing samples.. To be very honest, I'm not a native English speaker and don't have good command on the language. So it is quite difficult for me to choose the right one...

How to choose the best one out there? Hit me up with some suggestions :)

Don't hesitate to send me PM if you are a native English copywriter.. (Please include atleast one sales page written by you)

akki313, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  2. StephanieMojica

StephanieMojica Peon

Best Answers:
    Go check the Alexa rankings of the sites they sent to see if people really visit the pages. I'm a copywriter, but my sales pages start at a minimum of $250 and usually cost more.

Good luck!

Stephanie

StephanieMojica, Jan 27, 2011 IP
    akki313 likes this.
  3. akki313

akki313 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really had a terrible experience with the content writers on dp and various other forums.. Sometimes user used to send the sites that are not owned by them or neither the content was written by them. I'm really not sure how to avoid that part?

akki313, Jan 27, 2011 IP
  4. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    The way around that is to have them rewrite part of your home page or a subdomain as a sample to judge them by.

Take it a step further by comparing their work to sites that you know are successful and by asking others for their feedback.

You should also take a look at their site. They should have plenty of samples and free tips to prove their worth.

If you like what you see, that is a good step in the right direction.

Do NOT go by what other posters say about a particular copywriter.

I have seen so-called "copywriters" being praised time after time by board members, yet their work is downright horrible.

These "he's great" praises come from clueless noobs who don't know any better.

This is the norm over at the warrior forum. There is so much bullshit over there, a guy needing help hasn't got a chance.

If you want to just talk for now, send me an e-mail. ... Talking is free.

http://www.housingenergyadvisor.com/ I like that design.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
    Perry Rose, Jan 27, 2011 IP
    akki313 likes this.
  5. kefutiwi

kefutiwi Member

Best Answers:
    Well that depends I know some that would work for as little as two dollars for every hundred words, but that also others that will take around $50-$75 for one page

kefutiwi, Jan 30, 2011 IP
    akki313 likes this.
  6. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If someone on a forum refers you to a website, use the contact form on the site to continue the conversation. That will put you in contact with the person who actually wrote the site. It will hopefully be the person you met on the forum, if not, you'll hopefully get in contact with someone who could actually do the job for you.

YMC, Jan 30, 2011 IP
    akki313 likes this.
  7. akki313

akki313 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Perry - I really appriate your help Perry. Thanks :)
    @kefutiwi - Well.. I really don't mind in paying more until I'm getting quality content which really converts. (Paying more = Reasonable price)
    @YMC - That's really a great suggestion. :)

Rep added to all :)

akki313, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  8. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good copywriting can get more converts but you don't really need to pay more(more then a decent rate). I have seen a lot of great $50 pages and a lot of junky trash for $250+ (trash that I could get past the first sentence).

With conversions copywriting is just one element in many - targeted traffic- product - market- prices - etc. A lot of writers will try to make you think the more you pay the more money you will make/just remember they are copywriters selling a product(their services).

Personally when I spend money on content I read a writers work- website, blog, does their writing read nice? do the convince you to believe their point? Do you enjoy reading their writing or is it a chore? Did you bookmark their blog so you can read more..?

averyz, Jan 30, 2011 IP
  9. MrPolarZero

MrPolarZero Peon

Best Answers:
    As a content writer, I often suggest people like you to just make your own content for your website. This will cut down your expenses and will increase your knowledge in writing.

MrPolarZero, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  10. ContentProviderZ

ContentProviderZ Peon

Best Answers:
    When you search for a copywriter you should find someone who has enough time to listen to your project needs carefully and work based on them perfectly.

ContentProviderZ, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You can PM me and I can recommend a good copywriter. Or you can contact JSA Creative Services LLC. Good luck to you.

Spoiltdiva, Mar 21, 2012 IP