1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Important Update from Paypal for PayPal India Users : Change in User Agreement

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Wisden Writers, Jan 28, 2011.

1. aakashshah123

aakashshah123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When the sum of $10k is involved, you should not accept Paypal in any case. I would prefere Wire Transfer or Escrow payment in this case.

aakashshah123, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  2. junkamaniac

junkamaniac Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I have to buy services of worth say $100, how much funds will I have to add to the VCC??? I am asking this because I have seen many people offering services to upload funds to the VCC, but they are always less worth than what we pay for...:confused:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
    junkamaniac, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  3. BaltiSingh

BaltiSingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a solution to this problem...

1. Add your main bank account for withdrawing funds from Paypal.
    2. Open a second bank account in a bank which offers VISA/Master Debit Card. (or use a payoneer card)
    3. Add this debit card to your Paypal Account as additional source for funds.
    4. Withdraw funds from Paypal to your primary bank account.
    5. Keep very less balance in your secondary bank account (only for online payments purpose)
    6. Now, you can make payments from Paypal using funds from your secondary debit card. ( You are not allowed to make payments only from Paypal balance, but you can still make payments using your debit card as source of funds.)

Another big idea is.... all of us should get together and withdraw tiny amounts to our bank accounts say.. $10 everyday... so all the bankers get irritated by this move and they speak to RBI in favour of all Indian online entrepreneurs..! and the rules get relaxed a bit...

I can't understand why we need to withdraw the funds within 7 days! who the hell they are, controlling my hard earned money. I agree that you must bring the money to your bank so that it get's accounted but why within 7 days!??!

BaltiSingh, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  4. akki313

akki313 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How will my affiliate network pay me now? For $500+ payments.. I don't think they will send payments in parts..

akki313, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  5. shabbirbhimani

shabbirbhimani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Payoneer virtual Bank is not an option to Indian anymore and when I talked with them they told me your US virtual account is unfunctional now.

shabbirbhimani, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  6. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also have the same question. How will we pay for domains and hosting. Most of us had been using our earned money to pay our monthly hosting and server charges and to renew our domains etc. but now how will we do that.

Secondly does it mean we MUST use our credit cards for every transaction. That would mean we have to pay the credit card charges and fees each and every time.

Lastly what does this withdrawal in 7 days mean. I can understand within 30 days as that would be a more calculated and bigger amount where which would be the above Rs.7000 of paypal where it is free transaction to bank account. But in case we only receive say $6 or say $2 in any day then we need to transfer even that amount in our bank account in seven days. But paypal charges Rs.50 for any withdrawal to bank account less than Rs.7000 if I remember correctly. So, that would be heavy loss for small transactions. Once a month would still have been better.

It seems that now Indian webmasters are also being screwed up though the govt. and ministers are siphoning off billions of rupees every day with their scams. Everything seems to be going wrong in the nation nowadays. I do not understand the logic behind not allowing even to purchase domains and hosting. If anybody knows about website then they would know that domains, hosting and server payment are basics without which websites cannot run. Mera Bharat Mahaan. :?

waziuz, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  7. anurag_online

anurag_online Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a piece of information for you all those who are paying to US based domain hosting companies.

1. Domain agreement says if any dispute occurs, you have to go to their country and file a dispute in court. (in case they do not have registered office in your country)
    2. Indian Govt. is planning to bring domain and hosting bought from outside India under TDS which will be around 20%.
    3. even if the reseller is from India, if the domain registrar is from US, local court can not do anything.

it is preferred to buy from Indian registrar or a reliable reseller.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
    anurag_online, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  8. zenilshroff

zenilshroff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    zenilshroff, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  9. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately the only ways are

1. Bank wire transfer,
    2. Check
    3. Moneybookers

These are the only options left if you make above $500 in single transaction.

olddocks, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  10. SIVAJI

SIVAJI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    paypal is working good with other countries .. Why not with india ....
    They will restrict us to get up ....

SIVAJI, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  11. Caitlyn

Caitlyn Guest

Best Answers:
    I have not received any mail.

Caitlyn, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  12. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal is a US company and strictly they play according to US rules and wont co-operate with countries other than U.S. Dont ask me why?

olddocks, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  13. jhonbarkan

jhonbarkan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does Debit cards are acceptable by PayPal?

I don't think that other than Credit Card or any thing else is working for paypal even they have Visa or Master Card (Debit Card) :(

jhonbarkan, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  14. supportuser

supportuser Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    My paypal account has been permanently limited. I have about $1000 to withdraw.
    but they say that, i have to wait for 180 days.

As per paypal update for user agreement in india. does this agreement allow me to withdraw $1000 from my account with out waiting for 180 days?

any suggestions?

Thanks

supportuser, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  15. akki313

akki313 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This issue has nothing to do with your problem.. Please check this thread for solving your problem http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1877781

akki313, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  16. ahmadlucky

ahmadlucky Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dear friend, i am from Pakistan and using Indian paypal account. :-(

so let me know buddies, will Us bank account work for me or not?

ahmadlucky, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  17. Jash Wani

Jash Wani Peon

Best Answers:
    Wat is wrong with these morons, is this RBI made for our convenience or screwing us. Is this new $500 per transaction for any transaction, i get affiliate and publisher income through paypal, and they are always more than $500.

Jash Wani, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  18. IndiaNets

IndiaNets Active Member

Best Answers:
    As per this article - http://techie-buzz.com/tech-news/paypal-rbi-guidelines-flouting.html

Basically -

1. It's not RBI which is the culprit, it's PayPal who is not obeying the rules since it was ever started.

2. Your PayPal account is just a Payment Gateway now which can receive payments and send to your bank account, nothing else.

PayPal was working for us as a bank where we used to keep money, pay from that fund and everything we generally do with a bank except they were not paying interests on deposit. Now they are like other gateways such as 2CO and all.

Vijay

IndiaNets, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  19. Slumdog_Millionaire

Slumdog_Millionaire Member

Best Answers:
    Slumdog_Millionaire, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  20. articleshop4all

articleshop4all Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right. RBI asks PayPal to register themselves as a Bank in India if they allow users to hold money more than $500. If they register as a bank they have to submit lots of documents and they have to submit their report to RBI. This is PayPal who is the Culprit and RBI.

articleshop4all, Jan 29, 2011 IP