1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Important Update from Paypal for PayPal India Users : Change in User Agreement

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Wisden Writers, Jan 28, 2011.

1. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    paypal is just trying to give more and more independence to indians wrt JAN 26 :rolleyes:

chandan123, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  2. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Not again please .. :(

In every year beginning paypal and rbi creates problem for us (indian pp holders)....

DON.

deluxdon, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  3. TheCooldude

TheCooldude Notable Member

Best Answers:
    just written a blog post abt this here: techwench.com/indian-small-medium-businesses-killed-rbi-prime-suspect/

TheCooldude, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  4. thenilan

thenilan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi all,

This is very bad news for whole indian freelance market. Can we stop this ? Why cant we try ?

I need suggestion from all and more than that unity from all.

1st - We need a website better say organization for freelancers in India. (We can start if you all support)
    2nd - For this paypal problem -> We have to post everywhere - gmail status, twitter, facebook and all...
    3rd - To file a case in court
    4th BEST - For this paypal problem ->

" We have to send request letter copy to,
    - prime minister india
    - President of india
    - Reserve bank of india
    - Supreme court
    - BJP and other opponent parties
    - All National news channels
    - All national news media papers
    - Home minister of India
    - CM of every state.
    - some international magazine.

if we all do this think, how many freelancers are in India.

Let me send 100 copies to all this big guys. In dp itself we have 75% of Indian freelancers which will count some thousands.

if we plan everything and start send all at a time.

then whole indian will turn to focus indian freelance market.

Lets tell all your suggestion and show who are freelancers - 2010 freedom fighters of Indian self employment.

reply here and we will make plan.

thanks all,
    jaihind

thenilan, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That really sucks for Indian PayPal users for sure... but as a US based PayPal user, I'm kind of looking forward to it to be honest. 95% of all PayPal fraud we have to deal with is from Indian users, so maybe forcing them to bind their accounts to bank accounts and credit cards will cut down a bit on the fraud (scammers might find it to be too much work and just move to a different payment processing platform).

digitalpoint, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  6. netprogramming

netprogramming Peon

Best Answers:
    u can buy domains but u have to pay alertpay aor paypal.,.

netprogramming, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  7. netprogramming

netprogramming Peon

Best Answers:
    yes! ive tried to made a deal for an indian paypal user and thats are successful transaction!

netprogramming, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  8. TheCooldude

TheCooldude Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Done: http://weareworthmorethan500.com/

TheCooldude, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  9. thenilan

thenilan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ya happiest news for many other country peoples. DigitalPoint is a place for online peoples.(no language or country here). We all trust DP a lot. Even I posted this thread separately but its pushed to here. So no use here. Frankly I have alternative ways. This one is not a big problem for me. i started this post to help online friends, but the dp post- previous one really affected me. Dont mistake me. I cant stop fake products from china, bots from russia, hackers from many countries.

Its waste of time to discuss here about this. Because all are happy other than Indians. I expect even other country will support. but failed even our dp.

:(

10. thenilan

thenilan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks cooldude. Kindly start a forum we will discuss about this there. Request to DP - Even you dont support this paypal problem atleast keep this post. Thanks a lot. Because till now I am using DP.

11. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. for sure this will ensure more paypal accounts have a verified credit card added, which will help. But then, the $500 receiving limit is a bit of a problem. Its RBI policy basically which says get the exact $ amount in the Bank and then incur expenses from in there, via a Credit Card. This was done for STPI members years ago. STPI is Software Technology Parks of India

honey, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  12. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What does it mean? We are no longer allowed to keep money in our own Paypal account and instead withdraw to bank account?

nihangshah, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  13. dir18

dir18 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It means Indian peoples can't buy anything from other country?(they must be need to use their CC)

dir18, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  14. The Peoples SEO

The Peoples SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see what is so hard about attaching a real name to a paypal account. Some of you are acting like they are asking you to attach an arm and leg to your account... Go to a local bank, and make a small $50 deposit and use it to verify your paypal account, its that simple. If you have nothing to hide, then this shouldn't be a problem. If you are locking to scam with paypal, then stop crying, you can't have it both ways...

The Peoples SEO, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  15. onemorepixel

onemorepixel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hello all indian paypal users i just got this mail, i am not sure what is it, does anyone also got it??

Dear xxxxxxx,

As part of our commitment to provide a high level of customer service, we would like to give you a 30-day advance notice on changes to our user agreement for India.

With effect from 1 March 2011, you are required to comply with the requirements set out in the notification of the Reserve Bank of India governing the processing and settlement of export-related receipts facilitated by online payment gateways ("RBI Guidelines").

In order to comply with the RBI Guidelines, our user agreement in India will be amended for the following services as follows:

1. Any balance in and all future payments into your PayPal account may not be used to buy goods or services and must be transferred to your bank account in India within 7 days from the receipt of confirmation from the buyer in respect of the goods or services; and

2. Export-related payments for goods and services into your PayPal account may not exceed US$500 per transaction.

We seek your understanding as we continue to employ our best efforts to comply with the RBI Guidelines in a timely manner.

We regret any inconvenience caused to you and hope the advance notice will enable you to plan your future use of our services accordingly. For further information, click here.

If you have any questions, please contact PayPal customer support by logging into your PayPal account and clicking on ‘contact us’ at the bottom of the page. We sincerely thank you for your patience and continued support.

Sincerely,

The PayPal Team

onemorepixel, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  16. dir18

dir18 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have super verified account without any dispute..

If you've no CC then how can you add this to your paypal account?(any idea?)

dir18, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  17. lavista4u

lavista4u Member

Best Answers:
    People who follow the law and work sincerely have to go through the pain of getting their hard earned money, while the thugs and corrupt hide their money in swiss and German banks and could access money any time they want without any checks and balance. This is injustice to all of us working honestly. Why don't they go after big fish ....what is 500 USD going to do anyway while these mining and oil mafia has 1000's of crore in foreign banks..

If RBI was serious, they would have first gone after the black money....they only get hold of people who are honest and work sincerely....I'm fed up, the law must be same for everyone. This made up issue is just diverting to the real issue that came up recently about black money..now all media will focus on this....yeah it pays to be evil

lavista4u, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  18. dvishnu

dvishnu Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Shawn,
    Of-course I understand that. But people who fraud belong from all the countries out there as well. Even in DP, there are lot of trust-able members from India.

Actually, pay-pal not only ask us to add the credit card and bank account. Almost 90%+ people have credit card on their account to verify and also every one has a bank account to withdraw. If they ask us to do this, then there is no problem.

But the main issues are:-

1. We cannot send money to anyone (We cannot buy anything, spend, etc). Even premium members of DP cannot pay for digital point premium membership.
    2. We cannot receive more than 500$. (Are we under estimated?). (Personally, I know lots of people who make 10-15k$/month from India and run business and I am included in it too.)
    3. This will affect all the people who run SME's from India, whole free lancer paradise and also the domain market.

To be honest, I too agree to your fact that there are some Indians who scam. As the population of people is very high, the ratio is less. Might be 5%(Max) and not 95%. Also it depends on whom you deal with. That is why, DP has got a thing called "iTrader".

And also, the scam ratio is same in each and every country. I deal with more than 100-200 people in a month. I have maximum got scammed from 1 person or so. And also, this is not the right thing to do for each and everything while there are lot of other potential ways to prevent the scam.

PS. I do receive only 10% of payments in pay-pal. I get all payments in SWIFT. This is not a big issue for me, but I am talking in behalf of everyone who is affected.

dvishnu, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  19. zymon_king

zymon_king Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes , me too got the same mail, again the problem was starts for indian Paypal Users :(

zymon_king, Jan 28, 2011 IP
  20. onemorepixel

onemorepixel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Cool, i have someone with me in my boat...lol

onemorepixel, Jan 28, 2011 IP