1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is ClickBank a big SCAM?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by john269, Sep 1, 2006.

1. PHAZ

PHAZ Guest

Best Answers:
    Howz can I makeh teh monies?

PHAZ, Sep 30, 2009 IP
  2. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    They call it CDR And this is the correct answer. You could have 20 sales if they are all from the same credit card or all from paypal you wont get paid.

They take your money and the vendors money. It is not a scam but it sucks.

They do it to discourage people from only signing up to buy products with their own affiliate link. That's the official reason.

They also do it to keep the money. If that wasn't their purpose they'd cut the number down. They'd also let you merge accounts. Even if you merge accounts with their new Master account, they still apply the CDR to each account. I've got an old one with about $50 in it. I'm going to have to start sending traffic through that one so I will meet the CDR then just stop using that one. i set it up with the name Sickthing so not a good affiliate ID. :)

I watched person after person pay with paypal so I didn't meet the CDR for a month. Finally they did and finally the check is in the mail.

Sickthing, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  3. iShred

iShred Peon

Best Answers:
    clickbank is not a scam. thread over

iShred, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  4. Webwaster

Webwaster Peon

Best Answers:
    CB has been around for as long as I can remember. I do not think they are a scam, they wouldn't be able to survive as a business.

I like their old interface better. I personally made $0 with them, but I only have recently (last week) became interested in them. I've seen them pop up here and there for years, but never took the initiative to actually take that type of marketing seriously.

Webwaster, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  5. Newalan

Newalan Peon

Best Answers:
    That is encouraging, didn't think they would be a scam since they have been going for years, I am just about to get involved with ClickBank and it is good here positive feedback

Newalan, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  6. Newalan

Newalan Peon

Best Answers:
    I know what you mean but there is no denying that there are folks out there who are making money from it

Newalan, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  7. knight_of_honour

knight_of_honour Peon

Best Answers:
    i thought this thread is about clickbank stealing affiliate commission

knight_of_honour, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  8. LazyMarketer

LazyMarketer Member

Best Answers:
    Direct deposit baby.

nuff said.

LazyMarketer, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  9. vanished

vanished Member

Best Answers:
    definitely not a scam :)

vanished, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  10. Mike German

Mike German Member

Best Answers:
    Have you met the CDR (Customer Distribution Requirements)?

Mike German, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  11. emvsdigital

emvsdigital Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what is clickbank?

emvsdigital, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  12. logicb0x

logicb0x Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $10 for check ?? how about the taxes, bank administration, etc ???

Thousands of Internet Marketers recommend Clickbank

logicb0x, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  13. John Breese

John Breese Peon

Best Answers:
    Clickbank isn't a scam...but they're on the verge of extinction.

Many large info-product houses are cutting CB out of the equation and rightfully so.

They're intrusive and prohibitive and greener pastures are sprouting up everywhere.

John Breese, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  14. rickmci

rickmci Active Member

Best Answers:
    I experense has been good. They pay when there is sales. However, selling online ebooks has never been all that easy. That is the problem. Not a scan.

rickmci, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  15. supernal

supernal Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty much what this guy said. You always want to go to the source if you can.

supernal, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  16. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Surely not a scam. I am not that good at affiliate marketing but still I have made several hundred dollars with clickbank and always received my checks on time. It is not big compared to my other earnings but they pay for sure. I have hardly invested any money into any of my clickbank sites too. The worst experience I have had till date is with Commission Junction to be frank. I have been with them for several years and spent loads of money on building sites for CJ products. And I have worked on SEO and spent even more money in getting them to good ranks in google for competitive keywords. But to be frank I have never made a single sale on any CJ product though I have several hundred dollars on building and promoting those sites. Not to mention that there are thousands of clicks in my CJ stats and nearly all of them are search engine traffic but still never made a penny with them. I would still not call them fraud or scam unless I can prove so. Clickbank pays for sure and I have personally received payment a lot of times through CB.

waziuz, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  17. keironwest23

keironwest23 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used Clickbank for a month now, I have made no sales at all and in total I have had 22,867 Hop Impressions and no sales, I find it strange that 22,867 people have seen my Hops and not made one purchase, I have blogs, articles, traffic exchange sites, adsense, adwords, backlings and I have used an SMTP Email Service to send over One Million emails and still no sales, every way you can tell me to advertised I have done, even social bookmarking, these are all targeted advertisements, I find it strange I can do so much and get nothing, apparently I have only had 19 people fill in the application forms for the ebooks, I find it strange that the statistics are telling me that people have filled in the form and not yet I get nothing, by the way the number 22,867 is for only the ones that have a tracking ID, so anyone got any clues as to whats going on with them? should I stop using them?

Keiron

keironwest23, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  18. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I got a clue as to what is going on...........CRAP TRAFFIC..........with 22,000 hops and no sale I can guarantee you that you are sending the shittiest traffic to vendors who really don't want your traffic eating up their bandwidth for nothing.

Sending over a million spam emails is also a sure fire way to get your ass kicked off most affiliate networks, clickbank included... I suggest you quickly revise your marketing ploy cause it quite frankly sucks...........

terryd, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  19. keironwest23

keironwest23 Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont understand why people read if they wont pay attention, the emails took the traffic to one of my sites not the affiliate link, that site is ok, thanks for asking, the traffic methods I am using is exactly the same method i use to make around a $1200 a month from othe affiliate programs i work 8hours a week on, so no it isnt my traffic sources, its all targeted to the particular type of book i am selling, so if you would like to pay attention before you reply we would save a lot of time, its over 22,000 views for people who want these sort of books, or so i thought, i have been doing this since i was 16years old, i am 24 years old now, this is the first program that i am getting nothing, i also made a mistake, its over 22,000 hops since the 5th Jan 2011 to 19th Jan 2011, if there are so many people complaining then maybe people should take it in and try to understand, there are ALLOOOOTTTTTTT of these clickbank scam sites, alot of them have been doing it for a while, some are affiliates some are vendors, something isnt right, i believe alot of people are making good money, but i also believe that alot of people are being ripped off, i dont know who by but it doesnt add up.

keironwest23, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  20. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    People who think its scam are obviously losers. I make tons of money from clickbank.

laxman363, Jan 20, 2011 IP