1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2,783 impressions = $10.42 can you help improve CTR?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by inet, Jan 16, 2011.

The site has recently added adsense to it and I would like an expert eye to look at the placement, color scheme, etc to see if I can improve the CTR.

The site is:

www.1200bhp.co.uk
    PHP:
    The content is not fantastic yet since I am using only one writer at the moment and if I can get more money in then I will write targeted content.

The site is expected to hit 6,000 unique this month and has been live only from 2 months.

inet, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  2. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    The only thing I can suggest to you is writing content more frequently and making it high quality. I can help you write articles if you need help, for a small price.

EvanP, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  3. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response.
    I will probably get a tool that can find me high paying keywords for my niche and then start creating some killer content. thanks

inet, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  4. eLeSlash

eLeSlash Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well where are your first page ads? Where do your visitators land first time , not on your homepage? Where do your visits come from? put some text ads on the bottom of your articles , use some ad space on your sidebar.

eLeSlash, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  5. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People are coming through targeted pages and not the homepage. Most of the visitors are coming through searches mainly Google. I did have ads on the sidebar and at the bottom but took them off for experimenting, but Google adsense were not effective on the sidebar.

thanks

inet, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  6. ameerulislam10

ameerulislam10 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can place your ads under your slide show there. Just use the same border as you used for your content and blend it it your site design. You can place a banner on the top right corner. That is a noticeable place.

ameerulislam10, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  7. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    JazakAllah brother.
    Not sure of the advantage of the ads under the slide since most people do not come to the homepage. I could take up the place on the right for a test, but eye catching software has show that adsense does not perform there at all so I was thinking of using that space for Banner ad and get the money for impressions

inet, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  8. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have added only two 250x300 banners. You can add another 160 x 600 banner in the right side bar. I think it will get a few more clicks.

newbie191, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  9. earnincome

earnincome Peon

Best Answers:
    How many clicks do you got for 2,783 impressions. It depends upon niche. Experts and newbies always say one funny thing, which is try changing ad placement, but they dont consider ad niche, and ad bid as well.

Normally, if you keep ads in content, you get more ctr, because people sometimes from organic, dont know whether it is ad or text.

earnincome, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  10. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Will add a banner to the sidebar again.

inet, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  11. jacktors

jacktors Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats a pretty good looking site. I'm surprised you are not getting more revenue. Since people are not going to the home page after reading an article I'm guessing some click on the tabs for Car News Car Review and Editorial. I think you should blend in some ads on those pages. Also once you get more content maybe have a page that sorts the content by manufacturer. Like have links to all the articles related to BMW on one page with some adsense blended in. If people are reading multiple articles on bmw they are definitely interested in that topic and will be likely to want to click on adsense ads that will take them to other websites related to bmw.

jacktors, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  12. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The site is fairly new and it is a modified theme for wordpress.
    I do show related content but not enough content on the site yet for it to match the best yet I guess. I think I should sort the content out by car category and maybe create a plugin [if not exists to allow insertion at the end of the page for finding more category based topics].

In the meantime I think I will just wait out for the traffic to grow. The site will get into Google News and then hit about 150,000 page views a month, this will see it gaining more revenue by default and then I will pay for longer articles with more quality targeted.

inet, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  13. ravikumar.m

ravikumar.m Peon

Best Answers:
    Use adsense code below the post title .. then your CTR rate will be increases definitely..

ravikumar.m, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  14. jacktors

jacktors Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, if you can increase your page views from 2700 to 150,000 that will definitely increase your revenue. Have you gotten other sites into Google News?

jacktors, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  15. hate2live

hate2live Peon

Best Answers:
    place ads on correct places

hate2live, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  16. eLeSlash

eLeSlash Active Member

Best Answers:
    Place a text ad unit on the end of your articles. Check one of my websites and inspire from there. www.stirim.info check my inner pages aswell.

eLeSlash, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  17. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to increase CTR you have to do things that make your ads the most interesting looking thing on the page. Transitions in background color from area to area, decorative things around titles, icons, and similar distractions both make your content slightly tougher to read, and serve as distractions from advertisements.

Get rid of the content section borders and use a solid color for the entire background of the site under the header. In your sidebar where you have blue bars with arrows on top of dark gray bars, get rid of the color and use a solid black or dark gray title, also replace those <h2> elements with <h6> elements while you're there and style the h6 elements accordingly. Get rid of that purple text and replace it with the gray it uses when you hover over it. Keep the text and URL section of ads the same color. Move the article title to the top above the breadcrumb navigation, move the date, author, comment links down around where your article tags are. If people aren't using your search box in the tp[-right corner get rid of it.

Also, before you look at the sites in my signature and call me a hypocrite, keep in mind that if I didn't have sites that do it wrong as well as sites that do it right, I wouldn't know what I'm talking about. :D

joebert, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  18. DJArifrocks

DJArifrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to bring some good amount of visitors whom are interested on the topic your website contains. You can get some by posting and add signature in some forums of your niche and some more which you may know.

DJArifrocks, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  19. rain21

rain21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think u need one more ad unit to your home pahe

rain21, Jan 17, 2011 IP
  20. computer lover

computer lover Peon

Best Answers:
    6000 visitors in just 2 moths is very impressive. What is your SeO strategy.

computer lover, Jan 17, 2011 IP