1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google says big NO to autoblogs and plagiarized content

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by newbie191, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Vel

Vel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Man Some high traffic popular sites don't even have those premium ads. Huffpost makes over 30 million a year in adsense revenue from what some insider reported on an article. I think Ezine has to make way more than that. I wouldn't be surprised if they made 50 million a year on adsense ads. look at their main ads are all adsense. Before I knew what adsense was I used to always click on those ad links on Ezines so I know they have to have a high CTR.

That guy who owned plenty of fish was make over $10 million a year on adsense alone, but adsense got pissed off that he would admit his earnings and now he is selling his own ad space.

Vel, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  2. hihihehe

hihihehe Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't understand what's wrong with autobloging.

Is autoblog legal? Yes, because the content providers (Yahoo Answers, Ezinearticles...) agree that their content can be taken out under their ToS (keep powered by Yahoo Answers statement, keep original links back to original article sources...).

Is autoblog helpful? Yes, if the blog is done in the right way. To have a good, informative autoblog, you have to spend lots of time. It is not for lazy guys.

Peoples are doing legal and helpful works, but their works are now considered wrong in Google's eyes.

I think Google should improve their engine's function and their adsense team to defend against autoblog scam rather than say NO to the legal and helpful works.

Why millions of articles being submitted to article directories? Because the authors want their articles to be taken out to somewhere else. This is clearly the trend of internet and Google can not say NO like this.

hihihehe, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  3. jacktors

jacktors Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you interpret this to mean that I cannot put an ezinearticle on a page in my site? I have a site with many pages and sometimes I put in an article written by an author on one of those ezine article sites because it is related to the topic of the page. I always look at the article carefully so I'm not just putting junk on my site. Also, I give credit to the author and link back to the article site so it is not plagarized, but it is unoriginal. On the other hand, like some people have said if I write an article and put it on my site then submitted to ezinearticles or one of those sites then that content would be unoriginal as well.

jacktors, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  4. brandi78

brandi78 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not illegal to use other's ezine articles on your site if you use the signature at the bottom, so why does Google have a problem?

brandi78, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  5. TYCP

TYCP Active Member

Best Answers:

Agreed. Anyone who is actually serious would be putting real work into it.

TYCP, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  6. ravencin

ravencin Active Member

Best Answers:
    So i'm guessing all the sites that uses API's are not allowed to use adsense? that is auto generated content :)

ravencin, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  7. mic510

mic510 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that there isn't anything wrong with this as long as its done legally and the author links and such have not been removed. There is nothing wrong with duplicate content and there is no penalty for it. That's the way the internet works. If someone has good content or video they want to share, then they do so and readers benefit as long as the original author or author link or original source link is given left intact. Therefore, there is no plagiarism and good information gets passed on to those who want to read it. If all the auto-blog does is pass on good information legally, then more power to it. So what that there are adsense ads on these pages. Its the same thing EzineArticles does. My only complaint is that Ezine articles does not share adsense revenue with us when we post our articles on there like Squidoo does.

mic510, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  8. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    I would like to see Google cracking down on this a lot more. People who copy content from other blogs/forums/sites are out of order and shouldn't be able to participate in any affiliate networks where they can make a profit. If they are, they should give a % of their income to the people who they copy the content from.

EvanP, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  9. djniks143

djniks143 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Even i use Autoblog with google adsense. Should i remove adsense ad and go for other Advertiser

djniks143, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  10. ruletheworld

ruletheworld Peon

Best Answers:
    This is good, at least it clarifies a few things and hopefully reduces the number of people who abuse the system. Of course it is also a little bit confusing because a lot of content is "copied" online anyway.

btw, at first I thought this is a joke, looking at the English used in the official blog :) However, the source of course is from Google, so it must be true.

ruletheworld, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  11. trafficforfree

trafficforfree Peon

Best Answers:
    Long term unique content, SEO and link building is the only way to win in this game.

trafficforfree, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  12. jewmark

jewmark Peon

Best Answers:
    that is right! google hate plagiarizing!

jewmark, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  13. discuss4u

discuss4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok. But how about article directories. If I run an article directory and put adsense to it, does it mean that I have to take away adsense advs?

As long as the orginal writer wants to share their contens and post it. I don't see there is any problem. It is strange to me that adsense does no allow legal duplicated contents.

discuss4u, Jan 18, 2011 IP
  14. ameerulislam10

ameerulislam10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Autoblogs are simply duplicate content of another blog. Or may be a little bit of tweaked content. Not unique nothing new in it. Why would big G allow that?

ameerulislam10, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  15. StoneWilson

StoneWilson Peon

Best Answers:
    New use these cheating ways, maybe that's the reason i don't earn much, lol~

StoneWilson, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  16. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    In the long run, only original articles (I mean to say unique content) will stay in the business.

markov, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  17. eLeSlash

eLeSlash Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think autoblogs will find a way to run again. Thanx for the info though.

eLeSlash, Jan 19, 2011 IP
  18. Googl

Googl Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Google will have some consideration for some sites. I mean there are sites that are obvious spammy will duplicate content.

Googl, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  19. mbomb23

mbomb23 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't know why this would be a big suprise. Good move by Google.

mbomb23, Mar 12, 2011 IP
  20. Clowgon

Clowgon Peon

Best Answers:
    I see no difference, i know there are still autoblogs making a lot per month still...

Clowgon, Mar 12, 2011 IP