1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Zoroastrianism oldest religions around

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by securesite, Jan 14, 2011.

Zoroastrianism is a religion and philosophy based on the teachings of prophet Zoroaster (also known as Zarathustra, in Avestan) and was formerly among the world's largest religions. It was probably founded some time before the 6th century BCE in Persia (Iran).

In Zoroastrianism, the Creator Ahura Mazda is all good, and no evil originates from Him. Thus, in Zoroastrianism good and evil have distinct sources, with evil (druj) trying to destroy the creation of Mazda (asha), and good trying to sustain it. Mazda is not immanent in the world, and His creation is represented by the Amesha Spentas and the host of other Yazatas, through whom the works of God are evident to humanity, and through whom worship of Mazda is ultimately directed. The most important texts of the religion are those of the Avesta, of which a significant portion has been lost, and mostly only the liturgies of which have survived. The lost portions are known of only through references and brief quotations in the later works, primarily from the 9th to 11th centuries.
    In some form, it served as the national- or state religion of a significant portion of the Iranian people for many centuries. It first dwindled when the Achaemenid Empire was invaded by Alexander III of Macedon, after which it collapsed and disintegrated and it was further gradually marginalized by Islam from the 7th century onwards with the decline of the Sassanid Empire. The political power of the pre-Islamic Iranian dynasties lent Zoroastrianism immense prestige in ancient times, and some of its leading doctrines were adopted by other religious systems. It has no major theological divisions (the only significant schism is based on calendar differences), but it is not uniform. Modern-era influences have a significant impact on individual and local beliefs, practices, values and vocabulary, sometimes complementing tradition and enriching it, but sometimes also displacing tradition entirely.

The Behistun Inscription, Iran.[​IMG]

Farvahar. Persepolis, Iran.[​IMG]

A great religion with ancient founders. I am catholic but really appreciate the history and art of the teachings.

securesite, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  2. securesite

securesite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Persian (2011 Consists of Iran) empire that worshiped it....

5 century B.C.E map of the Persian land and the religion Zoroastrianism it worshiped.

[​IMG]

securesite, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  3. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    IT is a very old religion but i think its not older than hinduism. I may be wrong though.

laxman363, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  4. buratssky

buratssky Peon

Best Answers:
    I also might be wrong but according to the Mahabaratha Hinduism was born a century earlier.

buratssky, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  5. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My books say different, saying the Old Testament tradition is the oldest, starting at Joseph, then Moses, then David, Solomon & Elijah.

Joseph was known as the first true Hebrew, -the first to be recorded as believing in a single God. Born about 1740 B.C.

Zoraster was born about 660 B.C. Greeks & Romans were the authors of misinformation and some of them placed his birth as far back as 6,000B.C.

Bushranger, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  6. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    Islaam is the oldest religion in the world, it has been here ever since our father and mother ( Adam and Eve) came to earth.

Here are some of Islaam's Prophet'sMessengers:

1. Prophet Adam
    2. Prophet Idris (Enoch)
    3. Prophet Nuh (Noah)
    4. Prophet Hud
    5. Prophet Salih
    6. Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham)
    7. Prophet Isma'il (Ishmael)
    8. Prophet Ishaq (Isaac)
    9. Prophet Yaqub (Jacob)
    10. Prophet Lot (Lot)
    11. Prophet Shuaib
    12. Prophet Yusuf (Joseph)
    13. Prophet Ayoub (Job)
    14 . Prophet Dhul-Kifl
    15. Prophet Yunus (Jonah)
    16. Prophet Musa (Moses) & Harun (Aaron)
    17. Prophet Hizqeel (Ezekiel)
    18. Prophet Elyas (Elisha)
    19. Prophet Shammil (Samuel)
    20. Prophet Dawud (David)
    21. Prophet Sulaiman (Soloman)
    22. Prophet Shia (Isaiah)
    23. Prophet Aramaya (Jeremiah)
    24. Prophet Daniel
    25. Prophet Uzair (Ezra)
    26. Prophet Zakariyah (Zechariah)
    27. Prophet Yahya (John)
    28. Prophet Isa (Jesus)
    29. Prophet Muhammad

Peace be upon them all.

Their number 1 call was "Worship Allaah", and do not "Associate Partners with him in worship".

Their religion was Islaam (name of religion is can be diferent because of different languages spoken), and the fundamentals of the religion, the creed never changes, but what God All-Mighty can change whenever he wills is laws and ways.

I know some people may say that oh, these are biblical characters, the truth is that Judaism and Christianity are off shoot sects of Islaam, that have deviated from the true teachings using our Prophets and Messengers.

:)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
    IsraeI, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  7. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    On that logic, so has every single religion.

But seeing Mohammed was born around 570A.D., well after Joseph, Moses, David, Solomon, Elijah, Zoroaster, the Buddha, Confucius and finally Mohammed, then the religion of Islam itself could not be the oldest religion.

8. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    Muhammed (peace be upon him) was not the founder of Islaam.

I already explained Islaam was here since day 1.

And the Joseph, Moses, David, Soloman (peace be upon them, that you mentioned, are all Muslims.

I know, this is news to you, so don't take my word for it, but do some research.

IsraeI, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  9. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    LoL, well I am looking at my religions book and that claims they belong to the 'Old Testament Tradition'. Zoroaster was the start of the 'Middle & Far East Religion' so your lumping them in with Islam IMHO is instilling a false belief.

10. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    Your books are fabrications, people wrote them after those Prophets and Messengers past away (which is a great opportunity to lie about them, I challenge you to find the original books written at the their times, you will never find them, because they are lost, and we know that the old testament and new testament have been written years and years after those Prophets/Messengers departed.

This is why we say Christianity and Judaism are off shoot religions of Islaam.

IsraeI, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  11. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    This is why most people think you post bullshit. At least think about what you're saying. A book was written in 200AD (Bible) and another after 600A.D. Your claims of the first book being based on the second book is absurd.

12. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    You just made a false conclusion.

I NEVER said the first book (bible) is based on the second book (Qur'aan).

God send many scriptures, amongst them the Torah (the real one), the Gospel of Jesus (not the bible, but the real gospel), the Zabur, etc.

All these scriptures had 1 religion, which was Islaam, now this name "Islaam" was different for the reason that people spoke different languages. Also some laws were different, e.g. the direction of prayer used to be Jerusalem. But what is always the same is the creed.

If you need some help understanding this, you need to ask questions, not make false conclusions based on things I never said.

IsraeI, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  13. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    You're claiming the only true religion is Islaam. Which if true, stands to reason it's been around since God made the place. I agree.

I'm claiming I am God, you are God, everything with life inside is God, always have been & always will be so I can also claim my religion as the only true religion that has been around since year dot too. Correct?

I can claim that all those religions of old is actually my religion too, but under a different name of course.

We would both be correct.

Or, we could admit that the timeline of books about religion, Christianity's bible came well before the Qu'ran.

14. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    If you claim everyone is God, then you believe, Hitler was God, you believe God is evil etc, this is merely a claim based on nothing but speculation.

Your belief to yourself, and mine to us (1.5 billion) Muslims.

I have done enough explanation here, the purpose was to let people understand that Islaam is the oldest religion in the world.

IsraeI, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  15. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Who told you this. I may not be sure which is older but not in case of islam. Hinduism is at least 200 times older than islam. Check your facts.

laxman363, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  16. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    1) Hitler was God, just as you are God. You have the choice to do things you want to do. If you wanted to fly to USA & punch Obamanation in the mouth, you will find a way. If circumstances put you in charge of Israel then you would enforce your beliefs on the place and some will see it as evil & some will see it as good. Totally arbitrary value.

2) There is no such thing as good or evil. I believe invading Iraq was evil & Obamanation believes it was good. Good & Evil are arbitrary values that have no relevance to God.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  17. luke12

luke12 Member

Best Answers:

Please do not insist on being a fool. Islam started when Muhammed came into the scene. There was no Islam before or even any act of Islam such as "the five pillars of Islam". If there was, the least you could think of is a sector of the population doing such acts commanded by Allah to Moses, David etc. None of those prophets gave any clue about Islam?
    Each one of those prophets had a certain message and a goal to deliver. God was known as "Yahweh" in the old testament (Torah) which means "I am the one".
    Do you even know what Isaiah mean? It means "Yahweh is salvation". Where is salvation in Islam so far? The book of Isaiah for example was written in the time of the kings of Judah (Uzziah and Hezkiah) which places the book about 750 years BC. This book was written completely by Isaiah during that time. Isaiah describes the forthcoming birth of Jesus, suffering of the Christ and his resurrection like they already happened - again 750 years B.C! You do not need a scientist to connect old scriptures with the new testament.

I know it is difficult for you to accept that your religion did not exist before Muhammed which is the biggest clue that it is man-made but you'd have to look at what is presented like an intelligent person. When you don't know, research the facts and the dates of the scriptures rather than saying "the books were manipulated" or something weak like that.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
    luke12, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  18. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't it nice that you can take the list of important religious figures , change their name and claim they promoted your cause . Not a shred of evidence that any of the persons mentions (except number 29) "alah" , yet somehow they where his prophets , lol . This whole thing sounds a lot like warez to me .

I'm surprised that the Arabs don't support TPB , after all they head the 1.1 billions worshipers of warez .

ApocalypseXL, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  19. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So Adam was a prophet?! Then why the hell did he eat the bloody apple?!!

Helvetii, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  20. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you wait a few years this guys will tell us that Adam was the original suicide bomber :D

ApocalypseXL, Jan 16, 2011 IP