1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie Question About Google

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mentortodd, Jan 15, 2011.

Hello all!

I have seen soooo many courses about content marketing and how the big G changes things so often...blah, blah...

My question is other than giving good content with articles or videos and slowly building back links to a blog or static site...is there really any of these so called 'tricks' or short cuts?

I have already learned so much and thanks in advance,

Todd

mentortodd, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  2. Imdadc

Imdadc Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no shortcut to rank well in Google, the more quality backlink you can give your site the rank will be more higher. But don't try to make thousands of backlink at a time, then google will mark your sites link as spam.

Imdadc, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  3. YANG

YANG Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only shortcut you'll get is learning the ins and outs from experienced experts who is actually out in the field doing this which will help you avoid mistakes and loopholes. You can consider a shortcut.

YANG, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  4. Jamaul Finley

Jamaul Finley Peon

Best Answers:
    There may not be any shortcuts, but there are things you can do that naturally increase your success and conversions. Everyone knows about backlinking, but that takes too darn long and I don't have the time nor trust some software submission tool to do, so that's out.

So, Here's what you need to do:
    (I should be charging you to use learn this, but we're apart of the same "frat" so its okay)

1. You need to go viral by creating content delivery communities that rehash, distribute and drive traffic back to your site.

Start by offering a small specific group specific information that you own. Allow them to use that information to build their list and "borrow" your information in exchange for the lead.

They promote your "content" you keep the money, they get the lead for future marketing. Imagine having an Army of People posting your content on the internet. That is called, "Viral Backlinking" and you should really check into this method because your competition already is.

That's all I got. Don't say I never gave you anything.

Have a good one.

Jamaul Finley
    512 289-2090

Jamaul Finley, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  5. Adnan959

Adnan959 Member

Best Answers:
    If you want a "trick" to solve all your problems then I'm sorry - it doesn't exist. But the smaller things definitely amount to something BIG! So keep doing the small things. At the same time, if you're generating enough revenue, it doesn't hurt to use Google Adwords and use a decent low budget advertising champaign.

Adnan959, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  6. SandyMcCallum

SandyMcCallum Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is made so that spammers and scammers don't have a shortcut towards ranking well

SandyMcCallum, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  7. soulravager

soulravager Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not really ;)

There are so many people ranking using Xrumer.
    You can get good and long-lasting rankings with it aslong as you use it inteligently !

soulravager, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  8. Amy Garrizon

Amy Garrizon Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no tricks in google world, it's just hard work, building links, regularly updating content, and repeating these steps over.

Amy Garrizon, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  9. krashok2010

krashok2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    quality content and quality backlinks are the best way to get top rank in google...

krashok2010, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  10. Yoichin

Yoichin Member

Best Answers:
    the best short cut is to outsource. If SEO is not your favorite subject but you know that it will be worth doing SEO because of how many organic traffic you can bring in, then outsourcing SEO effort to a professional is a wise investment. If you do your research right, you can find a good SEO expert for a fair price. Say you can make $100 per lead through your sales funnel, then $500/month for a SEO service only requires 5 sales, and the rest is profit. This is a hypothetical example and assuming you have a sales funnel. If you don't have a business and you just want to rank on Google then there are lots of helpful material you can implement yourself. Check out http://www.seomoz.org/blog for helpful tips.

There is really no short cut online unless you can pay for quality service.

Yoichin, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  11. Ron Ansy

Ron Ansy Peon

Best Answers:
    More and More and more and more and more and more QUALITY backlink to your site is the answer my friend.. no matter how much we HATE this word backlinks.. but that is the bitter truth ..

Ron Ansy, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  12. John Alves

John Alves Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are short cuts to getting thousands of backlinks. You could use article marketing services that spin the content and distribute it out to a bunch of different directories. This would get you more backlinks. However, I don't recommend doing this. The reason why is because it's not the amount of backlinks that matters. It's the TRAFFIC from those backlinks that matters, and there is no way to cheap success. If you want a lot of traffic, then you're going to have to put the work in yourself through areas such as article marketing, forums, blog commenting, joint venture, and youtube. You could try guest blogging as well. This works for some people. Find a blog that is around your niche. Contact the owner, and tell them that you want to make a quality guest post about a certain subject. Most bloggers are willing to accept if it delivers value. Put your link to your site in the resource box, and you will be able to drive some targeted quality traffic.

John Alves, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  13. mentortodd

mentortodd Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes,

the common theme has been for me to take the time and give the search engines (and people) what they want. Good quality information.

Thanks!

Todd

mentortodd, Jan 17, 2011 IP