1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Article Marketing Dead?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by GrantDraper, Jan 7, 2011.

With more and more people promoting Click Bank products on a daily basis, it is becoming a lot more difficult to get that all important sale. So the question is; what is your view on article marketing? Does it really work anymore?

I feel that whilst this method certainly works in a range of ways, it is not as effective as it once was. A steady flow of articles brings in a nice flow of all important back links and some times instant traffic though; so it definitely does not hurt! Personally, I feel that there are two key things that make article marketing successful:

#1 The Title
    #2 The Resource Box

If the title is catchy, then sometimes that is enough to get people to click it, not to mention key wording titles can help with the articles SERPs.

Along side this, to get a click, the resource box needs to be just as catchy, otherwise the time writing the article in the first place has been wasted!

What are your views?

GrantDraper, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  2. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think article marketing is still an important piece of the puzzle although in saying that I don't tend to do it as much as I used to simply because I really hate writing articles now a days.

I got my Ezinearticles report in my inbox last week and I had over 2500 clicks to my sites in December alone and I know a lot of those converted into clickbank sales or adsense clicks.

I think a great, not good resource box is the key to getting clicks. My top article has around 2600 views and over 1800 clicks for a CTR of just over 70% while my 3rd ranking article has around 30000 views and just under 18000 clicks for a CTR of 59%, this is all free traffic now of course. Needless to say I've got a lot of articles where the CTR was absolute crap but that was before I knew what a difference a great resource box makes.

terryd, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  3. mekap04

mekap04 Active Member

Best Answers:
    To me article marketing still works. I have articles I wrote a couple of years ago still bringing in traffic and some of those bringing in a sale every now and then. Nowadays, other than the stuff you should do like having a catchy title, call to action resource box, and so on, I think you have to think outside the box and do something different than everyone else is doing. For example, a lot of people only submit to certain article directories. I know some people having success submitting to article directories I have never heard of or ones that are not used much. It's all about testing and experimenting to see what works and what doesn't. Article marketing can be used in different ways its just finding what way works with your goal (short term traffic, long term traffic, sales, leads...)

mekap04, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  4. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Definitely the marketing scene is getting tougher every single day...

Articles aren't dead though you need to submit them consistently for 'some' results...

I'd say 50 a week is a fair number to start of with, your campaigns can always be scaled up. However a good thing is to start building a list and avoid losing customers. (build a viral site in other words)

evelinawilliams007, Jan 8, 2011 IP
    laxman363 likes this.
  5. teddemop

teddemop Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had little success using article marketing for direct sales and clickthroughs, although I am experimenting a bit more with it right now.
    I have had a lot of success using it for backlinks however and ranking sites for organic traffic

teddemop, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  6. biosclan

biosclan Peon

Best Answers:
    Now you will need to backlink your article since there is so much competition, go after some longer tail keywords for easier comp.

biosclan, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  7. Amy Garrizon

Amy Garrizon Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing still works you just need to provide interesting content, agree you must have good catchy tittle and same goes for resource box, but most of all interesting article because if it's not interesting to the reader then they will click away and move on to the next one. That right there you just lost your customer.

Amy Garrizon, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  8. UnIcOrN2k11

UnIcOrN2k11 Member

Best Answers:
    If you are using those pathetic or in some case awesome article spinning tools or softwares then no doubt that article marketing is dead for you! Write your own articles dont use spinners..if you want to spin an article then do it by yourself and make sure that it is 75% unique and have some good content!

UnIcOrN2k11, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  9. rustij64

rustij64 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a believer that article creation and submission to various directories does improve your traffic. What others have said about being unique is key. A good resource is easy to find as well to help you write up articles for a low cost (maybe $3-$8 per article depending on length, etc). If you do use a software tool or online membership tool that helps you submit to multiple directories, it's very important that your article is unique AND you use white-hat methods of spintax your content. This does work and it's a bit of an effort, but definitely easier than manually going writing/submitting one-by-one.

rustij64, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  10. turncoat

turncoat Peon

Best Answers:
    What makes a Resource Box great?

turncoat, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  11. GrantDraper

GrantDraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm changing my pathway so might start pushing towards doing 50+ a week, but Ezine has always worke the best for me.

GrantDraper, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  12. mrnbm

mrnbm Peon

Best Answers:
    I still have great succes with article marketing :)

mrnbm, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  13. GrantDraper

GrantDraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Resources boxes need to be sharp and to the point, there are plenty of articles related to creating a decent resource box. Trial and error is important though, the likes of Ezine have decent analytics that can help. I've been submitting a range of articles with different resource boxes for www.online-writing-services.com and have been monitoring the different results.

GrantDraper, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  14. Imdadc

Imdadc Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing will never dead if we have the ability to write unique, quality & helpful information for our audience. Our main vision should be think to help our audience not to promote product, on that way we can win their faith (the main thing).

You know search engine loves unique article & without articles how we think about world wide web(www). I still love article marketing as I have a group of unique article writer.

Imdadc, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  15. ``Yousef

``Yousef Peon

Best Answers:
    No, article marketing isn't dead, it's just changing, as the internet always is.

``Yousef, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  16. supdoggy

supdoggy Peon

Best Answers:
    Quick question to someone above, I thought Ezinearticles does not accept resource boxes with Clickbank affiliate links?

supdoggy, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  17. simplyjo

simplyjo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All I can say is article marketing is not dead. The key is the keywords and content. A simple resource box works just as well as a fancy one as long as content of the article is solid.

simplyjo, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  18. simplyjo

simplyjo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No it does not. You need to create a landing page - It can be a simple blogger blog if you don't want to invest anything at first go !

simplyjo, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  19. wsshix

wsshix Peon

Best Answers:
    So painstaking for only "some" results. I know I should do it more, but....uhg!!

wsshix, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  20. The Coffee King

The Coffee King Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is the key to success. Period

The Coffee King, Jan 13, 2011 IP