1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Article Marketing Enough?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by GrantDraper, Jan 10, 2011.

I'm starting an Article Marketing campaign, but wondering if this is enough to increase SERPS? I've had some good success with some Article Marketing campaigns in the past, but have never done big enough ones to see if they are strong enough on their own. I'll be promoting my writing services www.online-writing-services.com for the test, but would be interested to know if anyone else has had experience.

GrantDraper, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  2. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It depends on the keywords you are after and what's been done for your domain/site already. If your on page stuff is off, it doesn't matter how much off page stuff you do first page won't be for you.
    If you are serious about your work, you should never stop with one thing when it comes to marketing. I invite you to find me one successful company that does the same thing for marketing they've been doing for years and never deviate from it, simple one method system. Not likely. You need to attack it from all angles, with percision and coordination so as to work your pieces together. Like lining up your chess pieces to protect your interests and get the target in your sights with nowhere else for it to go.

xInd, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  3. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is great but I wouldn't say it's "enough". I always use multiple methods to build links instead of relying on just one method.

jitendraag, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  4. seoV7

seoV7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Article submission is not sufficient for better SERPS. You should work on all available seo channels for good serp in Google and other search engines.

seoV7, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  5. Adnan959

Adnan959 Member

Best Answers:
    I would have to agree with jitendraag. Its a great way but never ENOUGH. You will eventually have to adopt 3-4 tricks and build the content of your website at the same time to keep the traffic coming and eventually growing. If you can spend time writing articles then I'm sure you can divert some time to building your content.

Adnan959, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  6. vinay121078

vinay121078 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is the best way to get backlinks but not the only way. There are many other best ways also to get backlinks quickly.

vinay121078, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  7. jonasrenfold

jonasrenfold Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The real truth about article marketing and backlinking in general is that if you keep doing it, you will eventually get to the number one spot for your keyword if you are targeting the keyword with your anchor links and your page is optimized for that keyword. Article marketing is enough yes, but going from SERPS oblivion to the number one result takes varying amount of time depending upon the strength of the competition. By that I mean, eventually if you keep building links with article marketing you will rank number one.....but there may be other ways to get links that are easier or more effective.

jonasrenfold, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  8. intesols

intesols Peon

Best Answers:
    No it is not enough to get good keyword Rankings, You have to build many of links through Various ways. Promote your link as much as you can*

intesols, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  9. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You will get yes and no answers here I'm sure... But in my opinion and experience, depending on the competition and a few other things, Article Marketing is enough.....

Sometimes you do need a boost though and the boost that I use is a Press Release. But, I don't just use anyone, any business or any site for a Press Release submission either. I actually use myself, accompanied by a website.

When Article Marketing, you need to do so in some kind of Consistent base and add a little Variety to it as well. For example, submit some articles with anchor text, some without. Submit articles with a few different anchor text; don't use the same ones all the time. Submit articles with just your domain and a few variations to your homepage, with other pages.

Post those articles on blogs, forums, websites, ezines, article directories and so-on. Give those same articles to other website distributors or distribution groups.

Don't limit yourself to just EzineArticles or Buzzle or IdeaMarketers. Get the word out about the authority your site has and will be - by writing content and building backlinks.

Just in case, if you didn't know already..... Google loves CONTENT and BACKLINKS... You can knock out both of them by, what? Article Marketing, of course.

GuruCreation, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  10. buzinessware

buzinessware Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is gives good traffic, you can post unique article with your tags on major article directory sites.

buzinessware, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  11. submitedgeseo

submitedgeseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so that article marketing is enough for getting the better PR as you can make use of the other SEO techniques also to get the better backlinks which helps to boost the ranking for the website.

submitedgeseo, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  12. Indian seo company

Indian seo company Peon

Best Answers:
    article marketing is one of the way to get backlinks, but there are also many ways available. try it

Indian seo company, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  13. kenny5

kenny5 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should always do as much as you can. Article marketing is good but you can always do more to increase your SERPS even more!

kenny5, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  14. Kiranraj

Kiranraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is a good technique but you can also try other off-page techniques to get backlinks

Kiranraj, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  15. cashgen

cashgen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are willing to do article marketing in large volume and on a consistent basis for a reasonable length of time, then it may be enough to get good SERPs ranking.

cashgen, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  16. pararudalf

pararudalf Peon

Best Answers:
    One method in SEO is not enough. We must use different methods. I think using high quality sites is good with all methods.

pararudalf, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  17. onlineprime08

onlineprime08 Peon

Best Answers:
    Add up some more task than just article marketing.
    Yes, article marketing is good, but not enough.

You can try other method that will definitely bring you larger than what you expected.

onlineprime08, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  18. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Basicly just like everybody else has already now told you no defo not enough depending on what keywords your targetting. You firstly need to consider on-page optimization before worrying about promoting your website IMO.

Make sure your site has good design with proper use of tags and attributes needed for well optimized site, seo friendly url's, good page loading speed, ect. Then go ahread and promote once thats all inline, but dont stick to just one method, get your URL about in as many ways as you can, social networking, email sigs and marketing, article directorys, normal directorys (niche and local directorys in particular), blog posting, forum sigs/posting, link baiting with great content, ect

johneva, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  19. GrantDraper

GrantDraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am doing a few other methods of building back links, but wanted to focus on this method as it also drives traffic whilst my site is not ranking on google.

GrantDraper, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  20. onlineprime08

onlineprime08 Peon

Best Answers:
    But then there are other methods that definitely give more and better backlinks than that..

onlineprime08, Jan 11, 2011 IP