1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to reduce the "Bounce Rate"?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by michaelvk, Dec 16, 2010.

1. cazort

cazort Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure about this one. My blogs have a much higher bounce rate (75% and up) than any of my non-blog websites and I've often seen the bounce rate go higher as the blogs become more successful. I think blogs are more like news sites: people read a single article and they're done. Having more subscribers will definitely raise your bounce rate, but this is not a bad thing--most subscribers will read every post you put out, but few of them will click around on your site--mainly because they've already read everything on it except the newest post!

Also, a successful blog will get lots of shares on social media: twitter, facebook, stumbleupon. All of these will mostly consist of single views, especially StumbleUpon but the other ones too.

So a high bounce rate for a blogger is not at all a bad thing.

I think where a high bounce rate is more of a red flag is for interactive websites where you want users to click around and explore, or for general informational sites like a business's official website.

cazort, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  2. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    True. That is why it would most likely mean that it might be a bad thing. That heavily depends on the situation though.

Having a high bounce rate and a low % of new visitors along with a low average time spent on the website is obviously a bad sign. This is, of course, if you have a low amounts of traffic.

Grimm, Jan 6, 2011 IP
    cazort likes this.
  3. jas1414

jas1414 Peon

Best Answers:
    First write quality content on your website then reduce flash if you have on website reduce image on website then check bounce rate after 48 hrs you will find the difference best of luck

jas1414, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  4. harris123456

harris123456 Peon

Best Answers:
    plz any one answer my question? i have asked it before. what is bounce rate? how you define bounce rate? i have created a website and its bounce rate is increasing. i dont know what is this bounce rate. can any one plz define it for me?

harris123456, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  5. cazort

cazort Peon

Best Answers:
    Type "Bounce rate" into google. The first hit, which is wikipedia, will tell you everything you need to know and then some. Good luck! Asking questions that take two seconds to answer in google aren't going to establish you as a knowledgeable person on these boards! People may think something like: "How is this guy ever going to figure out how to be a successful webmaster if he can't research a basic question like this on his own?"

Reserve your questions for ones that legitimately cannot be answered without discussing matters with other, experienced webmasters! =)

cazort, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  6. akashseo

akashseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Just make the content more informative & the design should be very attractive. Also create a good navigation panel.

akashseo, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  7. faragas

faragas Member

Best Answers:
    I think attractive content beside putting links relative to page content to let the visitor drill to more pages in your site

faragas, Jan 14, 2011 IP
  8. Rk's

Rk's Peon

Best Answers:
    if you're using a WordPress based website then you can certainly experiment with various themes also you can integrate some YouTube videos related to your niche

Rk's, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  9. harris123456

harris123456 Peon

Best Answers:
    @Cazort.... yes u r right. since i m new so i have not much experience in googling and all this stuff. hope so i will learn by time. thnx for ur comments...

harris123456, Jan 15, 2011 IP
  10. needfreetraffic

needfreetraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    You could have answered the question in a much shorter post. But atleast now he will think about his questions. Having said that, I have some newbie questions about coding.

needfreetraffic, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  11. asdirc

asdirc Active Member

Best Answers:
    HI, you need original content and some SEM strategies in order to keep your visitors interested in your site.
    I have one question what is an acceptable bounce rate?

asdirc, Jan 16, 2011 IP
  12. Elysian

Elysian Peon

Best Answers:
    The Appearance of the content you are showing the people :)
    Best Regards,

Elysian

Elysian, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  13. Lawrence David

Lawrence David Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way to Avoid bounce Rate, Quality of content with Attractive design...

Lawrence David, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  14. bharatmax

bharatmax Member

Best Answers:
    Try show your 5 best content ,something very informative posts in each page.That might help reduce bounce rate.
    you can offer free stuff too.

bharatmax, Sep 18, 2011 IP