1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to integrate another webstie in to yours..

Discussion in 'Programming' started by wize_one_721, Jan 8, 2011.

Hi, Im looking for a solution to manage vehicle inventory on a website.. I would like to be able to integrate craigslist, ebay motors, backpage, and autotrader on my website, so that once you have a vehicle in the database you can then send them to multiple places with one click of a button to possibly all of the mentioned above. I want to make it where you can manage and market from one platform...Can someone give me some advice or a direction to start as far as programming this.

wize_one_721, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  2. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    the problem is that some of the platforms require exclusivity

AstarothSolutions, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  3. wize_one_721

wize_one_721 Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by that?

wize_one_721, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  4. rajib.bahar

rajib.bahar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think exclusivity means only I can show my contents and nobody else. Some people use RSS feeds to pull contents from other sites. I prefer to go for RSS feeds if a site allows for it.

rajib.bahar, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  5. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    That you cannot list your item on their site whilst its listed elsewhere. Given bids are binding on eBay, how can you list an auction on ebay and also list it for sale directly on CraigList? If the item receives bids on eBay and it subsequently sells on CraigsList prior to the eBay auction closing your are legally bound to the sale on eBay even though you no longer own the vehicle having sold it via CL

AstarothSolutions, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  6. rajib.bahar

rajib.bahar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the original poster wants to link to the entry on other sites, instead of having the user create a new entry which causes the kind of legitimate issue you brought up. That's what I understood.

rajib.bahar, Jan 10, 2011 IP