1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Effective Is Blog Posting In Terms Of SEO?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by GrantDraper, Jan 7, 2011.

I was just wondering peoples thoughts when it comes to blog commenting. It seems like a quick and easy way to build back links on a regular basis?

GrantDraper, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  2. spymobilephonesoftware

spymobilephonesoftware Member

Best Answers:
    you can use deep link for your website from blog.

spymobilephonesoftware, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  3. avenarie

avenarie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    well, most blog comments are no-follow, thats why they do not boost your ranking in google

avenarie, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  4. GrantDraper

GrantDraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry just to clarify; I meant blog commenting not blog posting. I've managed to find a few lists of DoFollow, not sure if they actually are or not though!

GrantDraper, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  5. School Games

School Games Peon

Best Answers:
    if they are dofollow they should boost your rankings

School Games, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  6. mserika2010

mserika2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting has a good benefit it could be part of your backlinks specially when one blog sites found your sites interesting and relevant to them.

mserika2010, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  7. jasonvan

jasonvan Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think blog commenting is as effective as it once was (or as people thought it once was).

Now if you can post a comment with dofollow link on a relevant and high pr blog page (notice I said blog page, not blog), then that might help a bit of course. However, it would likely take a lot of these links to move you up even one spot in the SERPS.

Nevertheless, SEO is a game where every bit counts. So why not? In the end, do we really know what will help.

I once hired a SEO company to acquire some links for one of my sites.. They acquired me over 30 links in one month, all on relevant sites and all with my keywords in and around the anchor text. I watched and waited, but months went by and my site didn't even move up one spot for any of these keywords. Who knows...when it comes to SEO you just never really know...and anybody who claims to know for sure is a big fat liar. Best of luck.

jasonvan, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  8. aaronr

aaronr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Commenting is an interesting thing. Some sites seem to be able to rank really well in very competitive niches from ONLY blog commenting. It hasn't worked that well for me. I typically use blog commenting to get sites or links indexed and not really for ranking improvements.

aaronr, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  9. papa0s0

papa0s0 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a waste of time... you're better off writing articles/blog posts and looking up where your competitors are getting their links :/ Or even buying/renting links from quality sites that don't have a lot of OBL and ARE relevant (probably won't find any of those sites in the DP forums)

papa0s0, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  10. hospitaleracha

hospitaleracha Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean blog posting or blog commenting? Having a blog on your site does help a lot as it ads fresh, relevant content regularly. Blog commenting is great for getting things indexed quickly, but not much else imho, SY

hospitaleracha, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  11. sebasago

sebasago Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had a bit of experience with posting on blog comments that are dofollow, but I find in the long run they aren't worth much.

I generally link them to specific pages on my site rather than the homepage.

sebasago, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  12. Baby Prakash

Baby Prakash Peon

Best Answers:
    Blog commending help to increase website traffic. Choose the best blogs, Good PR site with less external linking

Baby Prakash, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  13. nicolasthun

nicolasthun Guest

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting is a good way to achieve some results in the beginning. The hard part is to find no-spammy blogs that accept comments.

nicolasthun, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  14. GrantDraper

GrantDraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    30 links is not really that high though to be honest. Even if they are relevant, you need them coming in at a higher pace but on a regular basis. One random month aquiring a few links is not really going to be beneficial in the long run.

GrantDraper, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  15. Phynder

Phynder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The good blogs have their blog comments set to follow links, but they also are very cognizant about filtering out spam.

Phynder, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  16. FoxIX

FoxIX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are also the people that read the comments on blogs. Normally if I am going to post a comment I read through what other people have put first and if I find their comment interesting, I tend to follow any link that they have placed there. Sometimes I find some really interesting websites doing this.

FoxIX, Jan 8, 2011 IP
    monosodium likes this.
  17. Essex Girl

Essex Girl Member

Best Answers:
    Hi!

New to this forum so you have the dubious honour of being the recipient of my first comment. Hope it's not a disappointment :)

As others have pointed out, blog commenting for SEO purposes is a bit of a dead-end these days and you'd be better off putting your time and energy into writing your own interesting and engaging blog that generates lots of comment and discussion (which the search engines just lurve). But that doesn't mean that blog commenting is a waste of time. It can be a really good way of establishing yourself as a subject matter expert and bringing yourself to the attention of authority figures in your niche and even potential customers.

Just think about it, how many times have you read a thoght provoking or insightful comment and checked out the site of the person who wrote it then subscribed to their blog or signed up to follow them on Twitter? Curiosity is a powerful thing and people are always on the look-out for good quality content.

And besides, if you want to get on page 1 of Google there are quicker and more effective ways of doing it...Go on, ask me how.

Essex Girl, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  18. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    That's the thing - in a mysterious environment like SEO, you're unsure how it works and you're always going to believe who can do the things that you think work. It's snake oil for the 21st century.

Steve Marino, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  19. monosodium

monosodium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Contrary to what most people here are saying, blog commenting is an excellent way to build quality high PR backlinks even if the links from the comments are nofollow, assuming the one doing the commenting is a blogger as well.

Regular on-topic and thoughtful blog commenting builds relationships with other bloggers. They post, you comment, they post, you comment, you do that for a long enough time, and eventually you will get added to blog rolls here, there, and everywhere. These tend to be dofollow. They tend to be from the front page of the blog, as well as sitewide. That's some powerful shit right there.

Pros: free, very effective, good traffic, good PR

Cons: tedious, time-consuming, and you wouldn't believe the mind-numbingly asinine, useless, or trivial crap people post on their blogs. I suppose it helps to work in a niche you are interested in and where you might actually enjoy following two dozen blogs.

monosodium, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  20. fdamours

fdamours Peon

Best Answers:
    For most search engines Blog posting is alright, but google seems to index a lot less links coming from blog commenting.
    Using tools and experimenting, you could find out for yourself. Some will say It is good, others that it isn't. Having experienced and tested and Used SEO Spyglass among other programs; blog commenting isn't a very effective method.

PM me for additional questions,
    Dearly, Fdamours

fdamours, Jan 9, 2011 IP