1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much commision can I give my affiliates?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by MarcusJohnston, Jan 5, 2011.

Hey guys,

I'm planning on selling a method on online money making soon. It is a product with videos that show you how to make your money and also includes alot of content they will need in order to get it to work. It is sold through a professional site.

If I want to sell my product through clickbank, how much commission would I give the affiliates that are willing to sell my product for me?

I'm thinking about 40/60 percent, what do you guys recommend? When will my product be appealing to affiliates? Ofcourse the highest commission, but I want to earn my share as well! So what do you recommend?

Thanks!

MarcusJohnston, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  2. GrandRoyal

GrandRoyal Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend 60 because higher you pay them the more people will wish to sell your product.

The more the sales your affiliates generate the more money you make.

GrandRoyal, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  3. MarcusJohnston

MarcusJohnston Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok thanks for your reply, just needed a second opinion on that one. It is in fact quite logical what you state here.. I just have to market my product very very well...

MarcusJohnston, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  4. owmc01

owmc01 Peon

Best Answers:
    The higher the commission, the more motivated affiliates are to sell. I'll put in more work for a product with a $50 comission than a $10 commission, at least in the beginning so I can see what converts.

Depending on your target market (affiliates, not the end buyer of your product) I'd recommend providing a basic set of marketing tools - banners, articles, forums for posting, a keyword list, etc. to take some of the grunt work out of marketing your product and to differentiate yourself from your competitors.

If you think you might attract newbie affiliate marketers, you might even include a "rinse and repeat" recommended plan of action to help them get started on the right foot.

owmc01, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  5. thexboy

thexboy Peon

Best Answers:
    you should give more % to affiliates because they are giving traffic to you... i suggest you give 60% or 70%.. then only people will promote it..

thexboy, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  6. MarcusJohnston

MarcusJohnston Peon

Best Answers:
    I will go with 60% and provide my affiliates with banners, articles and a keyword list. And I will also do some research on where they could sell my product, this takes some work out of the marketing for them indeed. Great forum guys, thanks for the help :)

MarcusJohnston, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  7. avpower

avpower Peon

Best Answers:
    60 to 75 is good, that way more people will want to promote it

avpower, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  8. NavaTel

NavaTel Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont know? any of the nearest branch of any nationalised bank to get the affiliate account cost informations?

NavaTel, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  9. seafrontsteve

seafrontsteve Peon

Best Answers:
    More is involved in getting and KEEPING affiliates motivated than $ or % per sale - and that is conversions!
    Sure all affiliates initially look for the biggest return - but will lose interest pretty quickly if your offer doesn't convert to $ in their pocket.
    I would far rather spend time on an offer converting 5% of my hops to sales than one converting just 1% or less.

So if you are serious about turning this into a business, why not drive traffic from email lists, PPC, banner ads etc to your offer and show the results to affiliates?
    If it doesn't convert well, then you better get that right before expecting affiliates to spend their time and $ finding that out for you.
    If you don't want to tell me how well it converts - why should I believe it is worth promoting?
    Even if it does convert well, if you continuously test and improve conversions - I'm sure you'll end up with a growing band of happy affiliates.

seafrontsteve, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  10. turncoat

turncoat Peon

Best Answers:
    It is all relative, the higher the percentage, the more affiliates you attract and the more sales you will make but you will have less profit per sale.

I personally recommend 70%

turncoat, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  11. prismkuet

prismkuet Member

Best Answers:
    I appreciate thexboy. But you should keep in mind one thing that you should have your own profit.

prismkuet, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  12. rmeeuwsen

rmeeuwsen Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with this.
    Make it easy for me to sell your product.

Offer me 60-75 % on a good product people want and I'll use my own sales markets to get profit for both of us.

rmeeuwsen, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  13. alexmcphie

alexmcphie Peon

Best Answers:
    i would give them atleast bare minimum 50% probably 80 % tops, maybe throw in some bonuses to

alexmcphie, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  14. MarcusJohnston

MarcusJohnston Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm expecting to launch my product within 2 weeks, will keep you posted in this thread and have good hopes on this being a succes. After some selling is done by my own, I will launch it as an affiliate product as well.

MarcusJohnston, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  15. rustij64

rustij64 Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously, the higher rate is more appealing to affiliates. Clickbank has a max of 75% commission I believe. Depending on your "price", what some affiliates look for is the dollar value as well. If the % is only giving them <$20 per sale, they may move on to the next opportunity. It will be a balance for you and what you'd like to share with the promoters out there. Best of luck with this product!

rustij64, Jan 8, 2011 IP