1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is cloud hosting worth than hostgator?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by jaypabs, Jan 4, 2011.

I read some article that Google is considering the speed of your website. In this regard I research for the alternative to Hostgator. I found cloud hosting to be interesting but would like to solicit from you if cloud hosting is worth an upgrade.

Somebody is telling that a cloud hosting works like CDN and it is much better. I found sitecloud.com and they have a competitive price. But I don't like their reseller hosting because it limits the disk space.

If cloud hosting is worth an upgrade, anybody can suggest me of the best cloud hosting provider that has a competitive price on reseller hosting like from sitecloud.com? I need a reseller hosting because I want to use separate cpanel in every website that I have.

Thank you

jaypabs, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  2. noobpreneur

noobpreneur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cloud hosting can help your site to be faster simply because the cloud is automatically delivering content to your site visitors from the nearest located servers.

SiteCloud is okay - I host my sites with them (and yes, the sites load real fast.) Rackspace cloud is highly recommended.

Ps. cloud hosting is not necessarily better than HostGator. As long as the hosting provider can offer great 24/7 support and guarantee service continuity and uptime, any hosting providers would be great for me.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
    noobpreneur, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  3. jaypabs

jaypabs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

My main concern here is the uptime of my website. Sometimes there are times that my site are down at hostgator. So I research and found out that cloud has a load balancing which means that your website will be UP most of the time. Correct me if I am wrong.

Another is, I just talk to the hostgator tech support and they said they can setup cloudfare on my site. With my thorough research i encounter uncommon solution for my problem. I am also new to cloudfare same with cloud hosting.

Now I am wondering if I will stay on hostgator and use cloudfare to migrate to sitecloud.com.

jaypabs, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  4. GetBestWebHosting

GetBestWebHosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Cloud hosting itself is a hosting type and not a company name like Hostgator. It does mean you are comparing between common shared hosting and cloud hosting. I do agree that cloud hosting has a much more efficiency in resource management so it would be better over shared hosting.

Sitecloud is a good cloud hosting company. You may google their name and you may found published sitecloud reviews. Here is a few

http://www.getbestwebhosting.com/sitecloud-review.html
    http://www.mybestratedwebhosting.com/web-hosting-reviews/sitecloud-hosting-review.html

GetBestWebHosting, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  5. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Migrate to siteclound will be your best bet.

HG is not specialize in CDN hosting.

mentos, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  6. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sitecloud actually uses RackSpace Cloud :) so maybe go with rackspace instead.

micksss, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  7. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If your question is "Sitecloud better than Hostgator?" then it is up to you. Cloud hosting is much better in how they managed resource so Hostgator shared hosting may be worse than all cloud hosting companies and not just a sitecloud.

Sxperm, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  8. ndshgyta

ndshgyta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    both are bad in my opinion :)

ndshgyta, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  9. flam316

flam316 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sitecloud does not use the RackSpace Cloud, they use SingleHop. This means they have one datacenter, but it still is cloud hosting. There is no rule that states that cloud hosts have to have multiple datacenters. I host with SiteCloud and I highly recommend them. I use CloudFlare in conjunction with SiteCloud, so my website is being served from multiple datacenters. It seems like I'm using RackSpace hosting, but I'm paying 5 dollars a month!

flam316, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  10. jaypabs

jaypabs Active Member

Best Answers:
    May I know your website?

jaypabs, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  11. musichangout.com

musichangout.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hostgator is good in my opinion ,Customer care support of Hostgator will be good compared to any other hosting providers .

musichangout.com, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  12. DallasBBQ

DallasBBQ Peon

Best Answers:
    I just started with Rackspace Cloud hosting. Very easy to use and I love the simple admin. They also have a very cool iPad app for managing your account. You can build a new server directly from your iPad

DallasBBQ, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  13. whrz

whrz Active Member

Best Answers:
    host gator is good for shared web hosting but it better to go for some dedicated cloud hosting company .

whrz, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  14. flam316

flam316 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for the lack of response... my website is http://lrastart.org. I still use CloudFlare but I have since left SiteCloud because they were having issues with their SAN storage network and refused to believe that they were having issues (along with various other reasons). I am now hosted with MDDHosting.

flam316, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  15. jaypabs

jaypabs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi to all,

This is an update to my post here. Last month I decided to host at VPS.net thinking that I can save few dollars but I was wrong. I even spend more dollars compare to hostgator.com.

My site always experiencing a downtime due to CPU loads. I don't know why it happens even if I upgrade to Level 5 on their VPS cloud server.

Their customer support is also not good. If you don't subscribe with their managed support that cost $100 per month your problem will be regarded as less important. I have to wait for several minutes that took sometimes an hour before I get some reply.

To know more about my experience with them visit my post at http://www.moneytalksonline.com/blogging/cloud-hosting-is-only-for-linux-expert/.

jaypabs, Apr 11, 2011 IP
  16. johaswe

johaswe Member

Best Answers:
    I would go with amazon cloud hosting. if you have a joomla site there is a lot of CDN components that sync your articles.

johaswe, Apr 15, 2011 IP