1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

POLL : MyBB Vs. Vbulletin

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Woodcs82, Nov 29, 2010.

?

MyBB Vs. Vbulletin Which Is Best???

1. MyBB

49 vote(s)
    54.4%
  2. VBulletin

41 vote(s)
    45.6%
  1. ghazal

ghazal Member

Best Answers:
    You can change your index.php name to forums.php and point your users to portal.php by using Portal Redirect plugin.

ghazal, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  2. Pirata Nervo

Pirata Nervo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    None of those you mentioned are developers, thus they do not interfere with the code so your statement is invalid.

I'd also like you to give me a list of 10 MyBB forums which got hacked because of MyBB (if the forums are up to date) if you don't mind please.

vB is paid, and thus it should always have a security audit whenever a major release is done. However, we're all humans there are mistakes we do and as a proof of that is that vB has also had security vulnerabilities in the past.

Before saying MyBB is less secure than vB, please try to understand what you're talking about, since you seem to have no idea of what you're saying.

You've done nothing wrong to me and so I do not have anything personal against you but your statement is incorrect. And if you want to prove that I'm wrong, please point me out the security vulnerabilities that would let a forum get hacked.

Pirata Nervo, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  3. calum

calum Peon

Best Answers:
    Most people on here will simply vote mybb because its free and they havent run/cant afford to run a vbulletin forum, but vbulletin us much better.

calum, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  4. Pirata Nervo

Pirata Nervo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Most people here will simply vote vBulletin because they haven't tried MyBB or any other forum software since they started using vB.

Pirata Nervo, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  5. tushar1

tushar1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    can you explain it a bit more ... i mean any example

tushar1, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  6. calum

calum Peon

Best Answers:
    No, it's the opposite - most people will have tried MyBB because it is free and they can't afford vB. I have run forums on all the common software: IPB, vB, phpBB, SMF and MyBB - out of those vB is the best definitely.

calum, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  7. ghazal

ghazal Member

Best Answers:
    Grow up Nervo. vB is 100 times more secure then mybb. mybb is buggy...

Don't quote me again please, I am sick in replying to your quoted posts. Stop acting like a kid, you had joined my site (mybbcodes.com) and threaten me that you reported me to FBI and said me that I will bye bye all my websites. I didn't forget that Nervo. You also know this but pretending to be like an innocent kid. Grow up , you are 50+ aged ..

ghazal, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  8. ghazal

ghazal Member

Best Answers:
    You are absolutely correct. :)

ghazal, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  9. Pirata Nervo

Pirata Nervo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What the hell are you talking about now? You said you were going to list me 10 sites, but now you haven't listed me but you're now attacking me.

I've never said I was going to report you to FBI, at least that I remember. And if I ever did, I must have had a reason to say so.

I'm not acting like a kid, you're the one acting like a kid who never answers any questions, and say things that do not make sense, there's simple no arguments for your statements, you just say them and whenever someone asks for argument, you say something else or start attacking that person (which is what you did in your post, attacking me instead of answering my questions that you said you could do, unfortunately that doesn't seem true..)

Anyway, what do bugs have to do with security now?

And by the way, didn't join MyBBCodes.com to threaten you, I wasn't against you at first but I took measures after I saw people claiming that you re-distributed certain plugins illegally (that's what they claim, I have never seen proof, but I took measures to protect my work from you).

Just like you once said to labrocca that you do not want him to call you Ghazal, I'd like you not to call me Nervo since that's not my name, it's Pirata Nervo so please call me Pirata Nervo, ghazal.

And I do not pretend to look like an innocent kid, I'm not a kid but I am innocent when it comes to criminality.

Last but not least, you're no one to tell me to grow up. You have no idea how old I am, you have no idea of who I am, now put your nose in your life and not in mine, feel free to answer my questions if you wish but attacking me with nonsense is a last resort which is used when you have no arguments to sustain your affirmations.

Feel free not to reply to my posts, I prefer not to see your replies (in a nice discussion, like I was having, I have never attacked you in my posts in this thread - I know when a good discussion should be taken) to read your replies with attacks to myself when you know me from nowhere and have no reasons to do so.

Have a nice day.

Edit:
    Oh I remember the PM now! I even have it here still.

Here's a quote:
    See, I knew I had reasons to send you that.

Pirata Nervo, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  10. ghazal

ghazal Member

Best Answers:
    You didn't added the complete message here pirata, you threaten me that (you would talk to FBI to report and I will leave the website bye bye.. ) Isn't it threaten ?? Is it a good way to talk to female ? Is it a good way to talk to a website owner.. ?

For your information, I never scammed any body ever.. I didn't used to use paypal, don't have an idea how to setup its recurring bills, that's why that user thought to pay me twice or thrice.. But I was not sure what is going to happen as I was on 10 days trip with my college students.
    In my absence, your poor mybb staff banned me without knowing the actual cause ..!!!

I have sold mybboard.biz and mybbcodes.com , and both new owners can't claim ever that I had scammedthem..

I saw exdiogene (exdiogene is a bad member I have ever seen in my life) who claimed that after my departure, but UNFORTUNATELY when I tried to re-register again in mybb.com to resolve the issues / disputes, your poor mybb staff banned my account again.. Go and ask why your poor mybb staff banned momina account..

Go to else where and stop arguing on me or on vB. You can't stop people leaving mybb and using vB.

ghazal, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  11. Pirata Nervo

Pirata Nervo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is the whole message. I have the copies here in mybbcodes.com, you then replied and I replied again. There were 3 messages I sent and 3 messages you sent to me. I can post all of them here if you wish. You've fixed the problem so I put that on my back and took it as forgotten.

And once I understood that I left your website and didn't report you, I'd only report you if it was really a scam and since members that were reporting you on the MyBB forums said everything had been fixed, I put it on my back and "forgot" it and didn't report you obviously.

They're not mine and I don't care if you got banned or not to be honest, if you feel you've been banned incorrectly, prove the MyBB team wrong, not to me.

exdiogene has some old source code of yours which is (as he claims) a complete copy of some other authors's work and you even forgot to change the copyright in the comments so it still had the name of the other authors - I don't have proof of this and didn't ask for it, this is just what exdiogene said.

I don't care about that, you don't have to be part of the community to use the software. I do not go to the WordPress forums but I use WordPress - this happens with many other programs and even OS'es I use.
    It's up to you to use MyBB or not, I was just trying to show you that your statements were incorrect - MyBB is not insecure and unless you prove that, you're wrong.

And that's not what I'm trying to do, what I'm trying to do is simply show my opinion regarding this poll, just like you. I tried to have a decent discussion with you, regarding your thoughts about MyBB and vB but you started to insult me, that's exactly why this conversation started.

12. ghazal

ghazal Member

Best Answers:
    I don't care them.. don't bother to quote here to increase your post count.

Then why you have banned me from your own forum ? Did I stolen any thing from your site ?? I didn't ever steal any thing from my college,.. why expect to steal something from website .. wow!

I have proven thousands of time, but they ignored my requests..

He is a worst muslim I have ever seen in my life.. I don't want to talk to him either.. He claimed that after banning me so I could not talk to him or give him proofs.. He just want to pretend and make reputation of mybbcodes.com good in staff and other old members of mybb.com. That's why he spoil my character in front of your eyes..

Bye Bye

ghazal, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  13. -Aw-

-Aw- Active Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/07/23/vbulletin_vuln/

Very nice. And vBulletin 4.1 isn't? No offence to the development team, but I doubt they're inhuman enough to make 4.0 truly stable in 4 months of beta testing, nor did they in 1 week for 4.1 beta.

-Aw-, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  14. Pirata Nervo

Pirata Nervo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I do not want to increase my post count here, I never use this forum so I don't care about my post count in case you haven't noticed that yet...

As I've said in a previous post of mine here, I did that to be prevented since there were at least 3 members saying the same thing against you, I did not want to be the fourth.

I do not really care about his religion, he never disrespected me and from what I've worked with him, all I can say is he's a very serious person, I don't have anything against him.

Have a nice day.

15. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Add her to your ignore. She isn't worth arguing with. She has a lot of growing up to do still.

RectangleMan, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  16. ghazal

ghazal Member

Best Answers:
    ghazal, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  17. -Aw-

-Aw- Active Member

Best Answers:
    -Aw-, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  18. xubair

xubair Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have always use VB and it has got some really cool features!

xubair, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  19. ghazal

ghazal Member

Best Answers:
    FYI, I'm not developing plugins for MyBB any more.. I've left developing and joined my job at Kahota, Nuclear Power Plant.
    [​IMG]

ghazal, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  20. toon79

toon79 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    VB4.1 is improving slightly although I am keeping my eye on xenforo's progress

toon79, Jan 5, 2011 IP