1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Flippa is racial organization - they discriminate based on race...

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by mrbrealities, Dec 30, 2010.

I have had a bad situation with Flippa.

They are discriminating users by race..

I am using Flippa since july 17th 2010. And I had 100% positive feedback and +11 trust rating.

All of the sudden, I had an user contact me through Skype (I had given my Skype details in my listing). He was asking me to disclose some specific details before sale and I said that I can not do before sale. He asked me for a sale outside Flippa. Since it will violate terms of Flippa, I rejected his request.

Immediately he started threatening me saying that he knew someone close to the owner of Flippa and I will be banned from Flippa..

He started posting bad public comments about me (almost 31 comments within 1 hour) and I reported this to Flippa.

They did not take action on him and suspended my account stating that he complained that I did not deliver all contents of my listing. In fact, he has not even placed a single bid in any of my listings.

Please see my conversation with Flippa Support below and suggest me what should I do?

I am thinking of taking this to media and government as it is purely based on racial discrimination.

Thank you

Re:Account Suspended

IPSP India
    Dec-30 06:28 pm

Hi,

May I know the names of users, so that I can explain my side of the issue.

Thank you
    --- Original Message ---
    Sent: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 04:18:33 Localtime
    To: mrbrealities@gmail.com
    Subject: Account Suspended

Hi IPSP India,

Your account has been temporarily suspended for guideline violations.

Further complaints of listing contents non-delivery from 2 users - account suspended until user issues are resolved.

If you believe a mistake has been made on our part please feel free to email us
    at support@flippa.com

Kind Regards,

Flippa Customer Support
    http://flippa.com/ - The leading marketplace for buying and selling websites.

Comments
    User photo
    IPSP India

I could not see even a single dispute in any of my listings.

Can you please explain why my account was suspended, when there are not even a single dispute?

Thank you

Dec-30 2010 11:46 pm.

User photo
    Flippa Customer Support
    Flippa

Thanks for contacting Flippa Customer Support.

Your account has been again suspended due to complaints by 2 Flippa users that the contents of listings purchased through you have not been received, or have been received after considerable delay not in their entirety.

The 2 users are " UCashCow " and " basicnet ".

You have until 5pm AEDST on Friday 7th January 2011 to have these issues resolved, otherwise we will be placing a permanent ban on your account.
    We will only reactivate your account if we have received email confirmation from the users who have lodged complaints that all issues
    have been resolved.

Please do not send further correspondence explaining your side of the issues - simply resolve the issues, and get back to us.

Kind Regards,

Flippa Customer Support.

Dec-31 2010 08:16 am.

User photo
    IPSP India

It is ridiculos. UCashCow was never a bidder or buyer in any of my listings. How can you say that he complained about me?

In fact, me and user "ces" complained about UCashcow as he was spamming my listing saying that ces asked to do.

I strongly condemn the act of Flippa in siding with a person not related to any of my listings. Is this justice?

Thanks

Dec-31 2010 08:20 am.

User photo
    IPSP India

Please kindly answer this...

How can I resolve issue with UCashcow when he was neither a buyer nor a bidder?

At least show me a listing which I sold to UCashcow...

I had lot of respect with Flippa Support, but you are just ignoring me for no reason of mine...

Dec-31 2010 08:53 am.

User photo
    Flippa Customer Support
    Flippa

Thanks for contacting Flippa Customer Support.

We're confirming information from user " UCashCow " at present.

Please proceed to resolve your issues with user " basicnet ".

Kind Regards,

Flippa Customer Support.

Dec-31 2010 09:02 am.

User photo
    IPSP India

I am sorry...but I am thinking that it is a racial issue than actual issue.

You suspended my account last time based on complains from users 'hard2find' and 'ces'. And I proved that hard2find was never a bidder or buyer in any of my listings and 'ces' agreed that I delivered everything and it was his oversight.

Now you are saying that you are confirming information from user 'UCashcow'. It will not take more than few minutes to check if he was ever a bidder or buyer in any of my listings.

You are asking me to resolve issues with 'basicnet'. I clearly mentioned in the listings and I delivered what is listed. In private message and active discussion, I even offered to issue full refund.

What more can I do, if he is not accepting any of my solutions including full refund?

Thank you

Dec-31 2010 09:07 am.

User photo
    IPSP India

Please provide me a solution for the above request. UCashcow was never a buyer or bidder and I delivered everything listed in my listing to Basicnet. Please see private messages and you can understand the issue.

If you want to ignore me for any other reason (race, country or something like that), please do let me know and I will not come and post again or list anything for sale in Flippa.

Thank you

Dec-31 2010 09:20 am.

User photo
    Flippa Customer Support
    Flippa

We'll provide further information to you, after receiving some more information from user " UCashCow ".

Flippa Management is now directly reviewing your account access.

Dec-31 2010 09:32 am.

User photo
    IPSP India

Oh my god. UCashcow was neither a buyer or bidder in any of my listing. And why should you wait for information from him when he was nowhere related to any of the sales?

He was claiming in one of his spam comments that he knew someone close to the owner of Flippa. You can see that in my private messages and Deleted Public Comments.

Is this a reason for waiting for information from a person who is not related to my listings?

Thank you

Dec-31 2010 09:37 am.

User photo
    IPSP India

What should I do then? Please let me know...Why should be my account suspended based on a complaint received from Ucashcow? And why should you wait for information from ucashcow when he was not a buyer or bidder? You can see that yourself that he never bid or buy anything from me...

At least tell me what should I do?

Thank you

Dec-31 2010 09:48 am.

User photo
    Flippa Customer Support
    Flippa

While we receive information from " UCashCow ", you can proceed to contact user " basicnet " to attempt to resolve their issues.

Dec-31 2010 09:54 am.

User photo
    IPSP India

Why should you need information from UCashCow when he is not a buyer in any of my listings?

quick responses by email, good communication, all information provided that was asked for. Fine. positive Buyer: basicnet Private Thu, Dec 16 2010

This is what basicnet left in feedback after receiving the listed items and additional items (other than what was listed).

It is still avaiable in my feedback profile. How can you accept a complaint after almost 2 months, when the same user left a positive feedback stating that he got all information that was asked for?

Dec-31 2010 09:59 am.

User photo
    IPSP India

Why should you need information from UCashCow when he is not a buyer in any of my listings?

quick responses by email, good communication, all information provided that was asked for. Fine. positive Buyer: basicnet Private Thu, Dec 16 2010

This is what basicnet left in feedback after receiving the listed items and additional items (other than what was listed).

It is still avaiable in my feedback profile. How can you accept a complaint after almost 2 months, when the same user left a positive feedback stating that he got all information that was asked for?

This is what he left in feedback after receiving the listed items and additional items (other than what was listed).

It is still avaiable in my feedback profile. How can you accept a complaint after almost 2 months, when the same user left a positive feedback stating that he got all information that was asked for.

You are marking this as SOLVED when the request is not even answered.

Is this because I am Indian? Can you please tell me why should you wait for information from Ucashcow, when he did not even place a single bid in any of my listings? Is this because racial difference?

Please reply..and give me a solution instead of just marking this as solved, when it is not actually solved.

Thank you

Dec-31 2010 11:28 am.

Is this because I am Indian? Can you please tell me why should you wait for information from Ucashcow, when he did not even place a single bid in any of my listings? Is this because racial difference?

Please reply..and give me a solution instead of just marking this as solved, when it is not actually solved.

Thank you

Thank you

Is this a right way of answering customer request? Who is "UCashCow" in respect of my listings?

Why should you suspend my account when I have had no sales with him?

Is this not my basic right to ask, when I am told that I am suspended because someone who have not even placed a bid in any of my listings had complained?

If I do not get a resolution, I am sorry that I have to consider this as racial attack on me..

It is my basic right to explain my side to you when I am punished for no reason.

Thank you...

mrbrealities, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  2. iLegitimate

iLegitimate Peon

Best Answers:
    Really i don't believe you at 100%.If you are ok we can say that Flippa is a money oriented organization, and take care more
    good buyers than sellers.

iLegitimate, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  3. mrbrealities

mrbrealities Peon

Best Answers:
    If the complainant was a buyer or at least a bidder in any one of my auctions...I would have accepted this.

But the complainant was never even placed a single bid in any of my listings. How can Flippa say that they have suspended my account due to his complaint?

Thank you

4. terrymason

terrymason Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This has nothing to do with race. How do you know that the guys at Flippa are a different race than you are? This sounds like they simply suspend accounts until they get around to investigating them.

I'm personally not real happy with flippa myself, there are as many non paying bidders there as here. You get more points for linking your facebook profile than you do for successful transactions...

terrymason, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  5. mrbrealities

mrbrealities Peon

Best Answers:
    It is because of race as the same thing is repeated twice and they just ignore my support tickets. When I called them, they spoke roughly and I have private messages from the so called user (which the Flippa supports) stating that Indian buffalo...Indian ba****d etc..

Why should they suspend my account based on a complaint from an user (who called me Indian ****** etc) who never even placed a single bid on any of my listings?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2010
  6. ProxyFreak

ProxyFreak Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you have had a time with Flippa. I hope that they are really not being racial, that would really not be good for business. Good luck with the situation, maybe try your luck on Ebay?

ProxyFreak, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  7. mrbrealities

mrbrealities Peon

Best Answers:
    I felt very bad about Flippa when they are supporting a user who explicitly made racist remarks. They do not even care to reply to my support tickets and just they are closing my support tickets as resolved without answering.

I want to go legally...through a court

8. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What I find the hardest to believe is that you know to come to dp to complain for some reason or another with no posts and a user name curiously designed to further cause issues(that last for like a day ;))

Go air your laundry at sitepoint.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  9. mrbrealities

mrbrealities Peon

Best Answers:
    I am posting in warrior forum and I will do in Sitepoint also...

They are racist...they support racist people... I just read another similar story in Warriorforum..

Hi,
    I am posting at Warriorforum and I will post in Sitepoint.

They are racist...They support racism... I just read a similar story about Flippa in warriorforum..

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2010
  10. RonBrown

RonBrown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get a grip! What a whiner. Only an idiot would think that suspending an account while investigations are being carried out was racist - you have a mighty large chip on your shoulder and need help.

If you were a customer of mine and spammed our support line the number of times you did over such a short period, when you we're told you they were waiting for information, I'd have closed your account too. The world doesn't revolve around you, and until your fragile ego understands that, you'll continue to annoy those that are trying to help to the point that they just can't be bothered listening to your moaning any longer.

RonBrown, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  11. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say it has more to do with stupidity.

averyz, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  12. seomaker

seomaker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems like you are dealing with a scammer guy who knows how to threaten you and abuse flippa system. I would blame the guy not flippa at this state I really think flipp awill unban you in time if they get around to investigating (if they consider your websites worth it)

seomaker, Jan 1, 2011 IP
  13. templbi

templbi Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't do business with them anymore. Seems like you made every attempt to fix the situation per your email ledger. Stick with what you know.

templbi, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  14. Contort

Contort Active Member

Best Answers:
    Flippa has always taken good care of me. I actually just bought something there and the seller tried to scam me by telling me to wire him $15,000. I told flippa and they refunded my success fee.

Contort, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  15. jilliani

jilliani Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't see the racial discrimination. I think if you will keep following up and keep a good attitude you will get this resolved.

jilliani, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  16. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry , but I don't see the racial discrimination anywhere and the more you keep shouting it, the more people will want to distance themselves from you and not deal with you anymore.
    Flippa doesn't owe you anything. It is a private website. If you don't like the way they do business, then do business somewhere else. They could very well be racist. Who knows or cares. They aren't bound by any rules of decency or some Internet Constitution. It's their business and they can run it how ever they see fit.

It's really that simple. Welcome to the real world.

hmansfield, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  17. Andrew (Flippa)

Andrew (Flippa) Peon

Best Answers:
    Apologies for the lag in responding to this thread and big thanks to everyone who has already contributed.

From a Flippa perspective, there are a few unfortunate occasions where we will ban a user for the sake of protecting our buyer community. We make no apologies for this.

While we’re not going to go to the level of publishing private and confidential correspondence, we can confirm that we’ve had numerous complaints about this user from a large number of his sellers as well as from other users who had their legitimate questions deleted from his listings. This illustrated a calculated attempt to deceive buyers and were by no means a mere difference of understanding. This, on top of a range of other highly suspicious behavior, left us with no choice but to ban the user from Flippa.

Be assured that the user’s country of origin played no part in our decision - for a community such as Flippa with buyers and sellers from around the world, the idea that we have any sort of racist agenda is a preposterous one and one that contradicts the diversity of our active user base and staff. Similarly, anybody who “knew someone close to the owner of Flippa” would know they have zero input into any decision making we undertake regarding serious terms of service violations such as this.

The vitriol in the OP as well as the fact that his profile now seems to be banned here too does little to dissuade us from our original assessment.

Andrew (Flippa), Jan 19, 2011 IP
  18. Super Seller

Super Seller Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Flippa is an organisation who bans seller from india...i myself is a victim of that issue, and one most critical person there is josh w...and he is a real racist...and is supported by one parnell...just avoid flippa...

Super Seller, Oct 12, 2017 IP
  19. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You were most likely banned because of your bad behavior...
    you appear to them to be an Indian smoking crack, then
    accusing flippa of being racists; I would ban you too....

acting like an insane crazy person will get you no-where....

good luck...

dscurlock, Oct 12, 2017 IP
  20. Super Seller

Super Seller Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey bro, don't get embarrassed when some hardcore maniac call Indians with labels like "Indian smoking crack"......this is racism, if someone points it out, he is labeled and threatened...believe me i know flippa inside and outside, the racist sitting inside in their marketplace integrity team, they are only few people...one josh w and the other dumb is parnell... you just scan internet about josh w ....you will figure what sort of rotten chicken he is...a coward always hiding somewhere under the flippa desk.. and will suddenly jump to ban any body at a blink of an eye...and if you turn out to be an indian .....you will get banned for nothing ...that depends on his whims.

I have spoken to flippa ceo- tony, parnel, their investors, and directors they all somehow silently agree on his nuisance but he is allowed to play his music of banning..such is the flippa team...if top to bottom are stupid ass..... then what can you do...

But i would like to give you and everyone who are victimized for this josh w and parnell....just give a damn to flippa..figure out new ways to earn, have confidence to build and draw traffic to your own online venture and profit from it...create and build value around your project..and flip it at better places than flippa..there are many better places to flipp valuable ventures than flippa.

Never waste you time at flippa...if you are selling starter sites.....at present pricing model of flippa is an exploitation, you will never get sustainable benefit if you sell starter site at flippa...and if you have a jem...then look around there are much better places to flip your jem.

Finally, those jelly head who barks that indian this and that, let me remind you again don't pull the country into conflict or point personalized attack , indians are better minds everywhere on earth and better performing people in every arena of services and professions, and even leading almost all the IT giants under this sun...so put your peanut brain in your underwear zip pocket wash it in your personal laundry...don't moan here, otherwise someone will pull out your peanut brain from your undy and squeeze it into powder and add it in his cigar tobacoo and eventually smoke your brain out into thin air....

flippa banned my account, on whims of josh w...im enjoying building my on website selling marketplace...and about to launch it this month....
    who care a f>>k

Super Seller, Oct 12, 2017 IP