1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Wordpress as CMS Custom theme. Based on my Criteria.

Discussion in 'Design' started by webcabbie, Dec 9, 2010.

Hello,

I am looking to have a new WP theme made to run on my domains. I am not in a hurry to have this done today so take your time and think about whether or not you want the project. I`ll be honest and up front and say that my budget is only around $40-50 USD. Sorry but times are rough.

1) Evaluate my competition sites(4 competitors) and ensure that all functionality in their sites is imported into my WP CMS theme. Basically I want all the pages and features they have. All their sites are html. PM for competitors links. I already know that they will all have a page titled something like "rates" I would want these particular pages protected by robots.txt. As I plan to use to theme again and again.

2) color scheme of new theme is Red and yellow checkerboard but light on the graphics with an overpowering logo. the idea here is most people that will come to my site will just be interested in getting my phone number and calling so that will need to be the most obvious "in your face" thing about the theme.

3) Theme must be enabled with an external "no follow" link function. So, my site will still have internal links to my pages, and all the other links will be NoFollow and hence I wont loose my Ranking to other sites. I can give you a hint on how to do this but would prefer someone already know what I mean.

4) Although the theme is red and yellow checker board I am not looking for anything too busy. theme must be clean and neat and be more like an html business site. No disgusting flash etc.

5) As the look of the theme is business oriented and WP is just the CMS this is stuff I want taken out.

remove "Hello World".
    remove "Blogroll".
    remove "Default Comment"

6) Must not rely on plugins to run. My current theme uses the dropdown menu plugin and if I update the plugin it conflicts with my theme I am looking to avoid that in the future.

7) Code the theme so that apart from the navigation menu additional posts and pages will not be linked in the navigation menu. These additional posts and pages will only be able to be accessed by a direct url link and SERPs. I can explain this further and give a hint how but prefer you know already what I mean. This as stated about can not rely on a plugin to be accomplished.

8) Adsense functionality hard coded to the theme. No adsense plugins! I prefer this format for the adsense. 1. Top right corner [Text Ad]
    2. Bellow banner [Text Ad]
    3. Bellow Navigation bar [Link Unit]
    4. Bellow post title in single post page [Text ad]

9) Ping list updated from the start. I can provide a ping list.

10) Theme must not conflict with any of the big known plugins that everyone uses. Analytics seo pro etc. I will provide a list of plugins I want installed or upload plugins myself no big deal.

11) i`ll think of a few more things when I get a chance and update the thread.

webcabbie, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  2. brendon28

brendon28 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    we are interested to do it.check our profile at livefreelancer.info

brendon28, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  3. rockjone

rockjone Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    interested in the offer send you the PM

rockjone, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  4. webcabbie

webcabbie Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You have no itrader score only 9 posts and to be blunt your companies website is terrible. sorry to be rude.

5. webcabbie

webcabbie Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    no itrader but 311 posts.. I look forward to your pm.

6. webcabbie

webcabbie Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I figured I would have 400 replies by now with the state of the world econemy. Maybe everyone is busy with operation payback?

7. ananyatech

ananyatech Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello,
    I am here to work on this project, please contact me at ananyatect (att) gmail (dot) com.

Thanks

ananyatech, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  8. webcabbie

webcabbie Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Replied to all of you.

webcabbie, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  9. edwiend

edwiend Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i want work with you but i doesn't have enough itrader

edwiend, Dec 12, 2010 IP
  10. webcabbie

webcabbie Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It looks like you are very new here though. Are you experienced at all designing WP themes? You won`t make any progress here or on other boards if you take jobs you can not do.

webcabbie, Dec 14, 2010 IP