1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

wikileaks needs your help

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Arnie, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your government has killed over 100,000 INNOCENT, let me REPEAT INNOCENT, people who just happen to be near a fight. IF, and only IF, the WHOLE 2,000 people get killed to stop this stupid war then YES, it was worth it.

The names you are talking about were out for LESS THAN ONE WEEK, then were REDACTED. All subsequent downloads the names were omitted and are nowhere to be found today. There's a very good chance NONE of the names are actually out. Use some logic and I might listen to your agument.

Bushranger, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  2. The Peoples SEO

The Peoples SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    100,000 innocent people? says who? you? Like I said you are a disgrace to the Aussie race... Siding with a criminal who has taken away a big part of Aussie defense. Lucky for you, you don't need eyes and ears on the ground to stay alive, a computer screen is enough to keep you safe. You sir have no shame, seriously...

The Peoples SEO, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  3. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you think they will stop the war? More niavete. I do appreciate your frank willingness to sacrifice their lives for your cause though. I wonder if they would agree with your decision about their lives.

Which is why the Times quoted a taliban representative who stated they are reviewing the list of names. You need to start reading. Your posts are starting to sound like Breeze Wood with english skills.

Obamanation, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  4. The Peoples SEO

Best Answers:

Gotta love a coward who has never served his own country in any way, and hides behind a computer screen, who volunteers the lives of 2000 people.... The same coward who accuses the U.S of killing innocent people, volunteers the lives of innocent 2000 people...

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  5. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    You say that like I'd seriously care what you, a right-wing fanatic, would think of me.

Your link led me to a login page of a site I do not belong to: did you want me to pay for that? It was Rebecca who kindly provided the right link which I followed and read. It said nothing there whatsoever about ONE person DYING, just as I've said all along and have been happy to be corrected for the sake of truth.

I think you mean anyone who 'believed' any of your posts. I read them all.

I read the article and agreed the names should not have been left there. Next?

It's probably precisely these people, conspiring behind everyone's back and causing the stir to bring about attacks all over the world, including your own country. Wikileaks may have inadvertently saved many lives by doing just that. Now only the 'guilty' parties will get killed if ANY, not the 100,000 innocents as well.

I am definately not anti-western, nor anti-American. I love MOST aspects of your country. Err.. i mean 'if you have read any of my posts..you'd see the absurdity...'

Like it or not, we don't make their laws, they do. If they deem someone has broken their law then it's up to them to punish those individuals. You do stand by those principles don't you?

6. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Not a coward because you and I know, in reality, the Americans would, at least I hope would, pull out as many of the named people as they could get to, and this 2,000 would possibly be just 5. IF, and you are hard of hearing, IF, ANY person gets killed, you must agree that's what they would do eh?

If not, then why would you bother helping the Americans?

7. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    It wasnt a comment that asked for a response. I was simply agreeing with an opinion posted by another member.

You seem to be under the impression that the Taliban rule Afghanistan, and establish the laws there. How does one speak with someone so out of touch with reality.

8. ceejay77

ceejay77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not believe in publishing where peoples lives are put at stake wikileaks has crossed that line and should be removed and prosecuted

ceejay77, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  9. jonas18

jonas18 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone that claiming freedom of speech needs to shut the hell up..This guy picked on US only..If he so much want people to know what the govt of the world is up to why not post leaks about Russia, China, and North Korea?..He won't do it because he knows he'll be a dead man walking!

jonas18, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  10. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    No. I'm under the impression that what will be, will be. And, if it's based on truth, it can't be bad. That's all. I understand there's a lot more to 'politics' than us arguing over whose right in DP.

11. The Peoples SEO

Best Answers:
    Dude you makes no sense, where do you get 5 from 2000? These people also have families and friends that will be killed to weed them out. You are trying to justify the release of these peoples name, when there is absolutely no excuse for it. What ever credibility you had here, I'm sure is now gone... Have fun back stabbing Aussie troops, by supporting a scumbag who took away their eyes and ears on the ground... I guess it's easier for some people to sellout their own countrymen, instead of fighting along side them...

12. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    This line of reasoning goes nowhere. It's the exact opposite in fact. The 'US' is the only one that sent the info to them. If they had the goods on other countries, we would know it.

13. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Do you think the troups are there because they want to go kill hundreds of thousands of people, based on a lie? - NO WAY. Australian soldiers, MORE THAN ANYONE, need to know the truth behind the reasons they're there. Obviously i'm a much bigger friend to my soldiers than you are. Am I the only one who sees that?

14. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm beginning to suspect the Bushranges is a terribilistic 17 year old . Srsly dude I'm not trying to insult you or anything but you come out whit some stupefying replies .

ApocalypseXL, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  15. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your witty, inciteful, productive and extremely thoughtful input to this debate. I welcome your next with baited breath.

16. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    TBQH I would have putted more time into this debate but since it's about one of my favorite subjects . But seeing you simplify complex issues and overrate simple things is a major turn off . It's pretty much like talking to Breeze's garden . I've been doing some volunteer work at a kindergarten lately and their behavior is somewhat similar to yours . I see no point debating whit someone that just lives in his own world . There have been some wise replies from you in this forum but most of the time I get the feeling you're living on another planet .

ApocalypseXL, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  17. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Apparently so :D.

I think you lost even the most bleeding of the bleeding heart liberals when you justified turning over the names of 2000 Afghanis to the Taliban so they can be slaughtered by your friend Assange. Even Assange's own staff was disgusted by that manuever.

Look at the bright side. I suspect Solar Products and Betaturn appreciate your views, and I know Breeze Wood is still with you.

@Apocalypse: Yah, I'm at the same place. I don't waste my time responding to Breeze Wood's lunacy any more, unless it is just to poke a little fun. Having a conversation with someone so out of touch with reality is just an exercise in frustration.

18. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    Wikileaks as everything else involved in the conflicts of the middle East may be off base but nothing compares to the Bush Administrations disinformation to engage in the Iraqi war whose cost in innocent and real lives so surpasses in magnitude anything comparable to wikileaks that makes any such arguments for collateral damage irrelevant to the subject matter itself.

The Bush Administration and Wikileaks are entwined in similarities that both might just as well be issued similar verdicts in public appraisal.

Breeze Wood, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  19. The Peoples SEO

Best Answers:
    Dude I am more loyal to the Australian people then you will ever be, and I am not even Aussie. That is a damn shame. You are a disgrace to your fellow Aussies...

20. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Exactly right. The Bush admin caused much angst and sent huge ripples around the world, making spin & lies just a part of the scenery and infecting the rest of politics worldwide. Until we can get to the truth, it's anyone's game. I don't know Obama but I know he was better than the alternative/s offered. Now we're hearing so much more about him, I can't say he sticks by his beliefs, caving in to the bullies all the time but he hasn't started any more wars or made a good impression around the world YET.

And just thought I'd add, here's another poll that funnily, right now, out of more than 7,000 respondents, just happens to be exactly 90/10 in favor of wikileaks (it's good for democracy).

Like I said, us Aussies thrive on TRUTH, JUSTICE & THE AUSTRALIAN WAY! - That used to be the AMERICAN way too and i'm sure the people themselves will work towards bringing it back, once they get over the embarrasment of what their government's doing in their name and do something about fixing it.

I just think what's happening now is we've moved into a much faster paced world where information is instant. We all have a pretty good focus on where we're at, and most don't like it, especially when rising prices are putting many in the gutter whilst the fattest cats get fatter.

Look at history and what governments have done to us, and they get away with it because they can lock up their misdeeds, hide it from us all for thirty years or more. No more. Gone are the days where you can do that. Be open and honest so we can come to some peaceful conclusion that will suit us all.

We've got smarter and Julian is a child of the future, the near-future at that.

I think the angle Americans should take here, remembering the genie's already out of the bottle, is own up to it. Say I SAID THAT and I STAND BY THAT and then tell the rest of the world that they should do it to. Then you'll see compromise on a massive scale.