1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

wikileaks needs your help

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Arnie, Dec 5, 2010.

1. masterrio

masterrio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would certainly welcome more revelations but there has to be a decree of censorship, like releasing the spies where abouts. You can flush everything under the carpet. Look at Hillary, she has asked for espionage on the UN members and till date she hasn't even apologized for that, she is rather defending herself - I am fed up of listening to her blabbering

masterrio, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  2. echo_unlimited

echo_unlimited Notable Member

Best Answers:
    WikiLeaks is an organisation of which he is the figure head of, they don't require HIM specifically for the organisation to run. It is the actual leaker's who should and who are being prosecuted. Without the information the leaker's leak, WikiLeaks cannot leak much. Allowing someone to be able to secretly download "secret information" which has been classified of over 250,000 documents is ridiculous at best.

Also is there an actual list or the exact document which lists these names? I see people using sources of third party new sources stating that "It could", "It might" or "It threatens people"... but with no source to back this up. Hardly cause for a decent argument IMHO.

echo_unlimited, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  3. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So its a very bad thing if Taliban kill/charge those spying on them for US but its very patriotic to ask for Assange to be killed for heading an organization publishing leaked documents (like newspapers and news channels have done for years). Heights of hypocrisy. Good going my American friends. While we are on the topic of espionage, what do you think should be done with Hilary Clinton and other US diplomats who have doubled up as spies in host countries and UN? I'm sure they should be charged with the same offences as Assange right?

Re the sexual crimes charges, I'm not sure why that issue is being brought here? Whats that got to do with anything?

Helvetii, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  4. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to read the New York Times link provided several times throughout this thread. Assange is not just a figure head. He is a hacker that has been hacking into corporate, banking, and government networks long before getting his hands on the documents we are now discussing. He is also the guy who made the unilateral decision to release the documents without redacting the names of afghans aiding the US war effort. Where I come from, that's what I call personal responsibility.

Did I say it was a bad thing for the Taliban to kill those aiding the US? I'd say its expected. Perhaps it has escaped your hawk like gaze, but we are at war here. Each side is actually expected to spy on the other and kill their opponents. What did you think war is, an event where we all strip down naked, bath in patchouli oil, and dance in the forest beneath the full moon? Seriously dude, sometimes I really wonder where you come up with this crap.

Actually no. Her spying is embarrassing to be sure, and if I were a citizen of the country whose UN diplomats she was spying on, I'd be pissed. I'm familiar with the feeling because the Chinese have been caught spying on us incessantly, and I suspect many/most other countries participate in the activity regularly, including India. If you wanted to make the events a bit more comparable, Hilary would have tapped into some major repository of India's sensitive internal government information, and then passed all the information to Pakistan. If she were to do something like that, you would be asking for her to be shot as well. I hope you can at least be that honest with yourself.

Obamanation, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  5. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Missed this one thanks Rebecca, I got the same login page, obviously Obamanations a paid up member of that site.

Obamanation, now that I can see and have read the page, can you please point out where it says ANYBODY has been killed by ANY wikileaks leaks?

Having read multiple times that NOBODY has been harmed by the leaks, and from very legitimite sites, I won't be believing your spin/lies till I see even a smidgeon of proof.

Bushranger, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  6. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You're welcome.

Well, here is Obamanation's post again:

In the news, I haven't read that people HAVE been killed over Wikileaks. What I have read, is that it has put lives in serious danger. Based on the NYTimes article, that appears to be accurate. Do you agree with Assange in publishing the names of the Afghan informants?

Rebecca, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  7. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    The proof is in the pudding, irregardless there still is never a good reason to listen to O...nation - the war mongering, sociopath couch potato.

The planet and the perils we are forced to live with are not the purview of certain people but a responsibility for everyone to be aware of and involved in for meaningful pursuits. WikiLeaks may be off base but so may be the gov'ts and between the two both being in public view is the best solution for finding real answers.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
    Breeze Wood, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  8. hostimizer

hostimizer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i see wikileaks Videos USA gov Dont do good with iraq No one give rights to kill innocent people
    if sadam was wrong so just cought him
    but usa gov do worng... this is not good

hostimizer, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  9. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    That's my point, anyone whose saying this is hypothesizing on what MAY happen. I haven't read anywhere that one single person has actually been killed and in fact, read much more that says NOBODY has been killed.

As for agreeing with publishing names, I'm not sure to tell you the truth. Many of the people giving info to the Americans are propogandists trying to oust their governments in order to put their man in charge, so IMHO in some cases Yes, I think it's okay. But as far as i'm aware, Julian defended that at the time with a plausible explanation on how that happened and since he was criticised way back when, has made extreme efforts to go through the info more carefully before releasing it.

He's releasing cables to the papers a month ahead and having them go through them and report on them, which is the headlines we're reading at the moment. It's the papers releasing the stuff they've found interesting that's making headlines now, and for the next two months I expect.

I just watched the AlJazeera take on this:
    [video=youtube;hK3hq3aPl8k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK3hq3aPl8k[/video]

10. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    You left out my devilishly good looks.

11. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Helvetii, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  12. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In light of "leaks"... it looks like NASA could use some help to
    keep their information out of the wrong hands: LINK

What are we paying these people ?? Assange is in jail, what
    should happen to these that are selling computers with senstive information ?

Blue Star Ent., Dec 8, 2010 IP
  13. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    lol, I do actually enjoy listening/arguing with both sides of an argument and don't mind hearing his views too. Without an exteme right or extreme left the place would be boring. I'm against violence but love a good argument and one that makes me think. :)

We all know he's as right-wing as you get, probably not even Muslim, likely a government employee and a stooge for the right but I think I'd rather have him around than not. It's nice to hear other angles and you can guarantee that you get other angles with him. I wish there were less lies'n'stuff but you can't get to his conclusions without chucking them them so I can see where he's coming from using trickery to make his points. Main thing I remember is that first, when I read his posts, i'm skeptical, I question his motive, then do some research. Then i'm very, very skeptical, do even more research and come to my own conclusion. Mostly his words will have 1 ounce of truth with 5 ounces of right-winged propoganda piled on top but sometimes, just sometimes, I do get some logic from his position on things, and that's a good thing for me.

14. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well, Australian troops are in Afghanistan, right? So, if Afghan informants provided information against the Taliban (which could have very well saved the life of Australian or American forces) , wouldn't it be nice, at the very least, if we not hand over their names to the Taliban?

Rebecca, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  15. The Peoples SEO

The Peoples SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well of course, he hasn't leaked any Russian documents, or else the Russians would have him killed. The Russian government are some of the biggest gangsters on the planet... Russia is just mad because the cables leaked, said that Nato has agreed to defend Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania against any attacks (Which is to protect them from Russia of course) So the Russians are mad and what better way to show its frustration then to back a criminal...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/07/world/europe/07wikileaks-nato.html

Also those of you that say no Afghan has been killed yet, needs to go give your brain a good douching... Naming 2000 informants is a death sentence. You just can't relocate all these people. How many family members of these informants have the Taliban killed??? How many villagers have the Taliban killed looking for these informants????

This scumbag is not only responsible for many deaths, but he is inciting a war between Russia and the West, I hope you guys love the taste of Radiation.

It kills me to see how ignorant and gullible some people are, to defend some sex crazed lunatic, who's sole purpose is to get his 15 minutes of fame, at all cost...

The Peoples SEO, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  16. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree. Anything that leads to loss of life is bad. What i'm saying is that as far as i'm aware nobody has been killed YET and it's simply rhetoric thrown around to put him down. It HAS affected political life a lot more than military and it's going to get worse before it gets better. But, this could easily be the catalyst for a BIG change for the better and if that's the case, and it's ALL built on truth, I'm all for it.

[video=youtube;DWwqnLBzauU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWwqnLBzauU[/video]

This is last night's 7.30 report here and discusses the impact on Afghanistan.

Two former Prime Ministers, John Howard & Kevin Rudd also blame the USA for leaking it, and not the wikileaks site/founder.

17. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I'm going to have to weigh in with the People's SEO, on this one and categorize you as a non-serious person. If you had any evidence of lies at all, I'd like to think you'd present that evidence. Perhaps you wouldn't. I do know you don't read the links I provide to back my statements, even when they come from leftist sources like the New York Times. Even when you do read, you filter out and ignore anything that doesn't agree with your views, regardless of the source. Your statements reflect a level of niavete and ignorance heretofor only exhibited by Breeze Wood. You made such a statement in this very post:

Anyone who has read any of my posts on this forum knows how I feel about government employees, and their unions.

Here is some more niavete:
    If you had read the Times article I posted, even Assange's own staff was against posting the names, as they realized the fate those people would suffer from such a release of information. The Taliban are famous for using Afghan civilians, my fellow Muslims, as human shields against Allied forces. I've read more than a few stories showing how Afghans who do not support the Taliban are butchered. These are people who aided Al Queda in training for strikes against civilian targets, killing women and children abroad. For you to presume that they might not kill people who are outed as supporting US troops by our own intelligence documents shows an unparalleled level of niavete, but I suppose it could just be ignorance stemming from the fact you haven't read the first thing about these people, or if you did, you ignored anything that wasn't anti-western.

I think your leftist Hugo Chavez loving pal, Oliver Stone, summed up what we are dealing with quite nicely in an award winning monologue presented by Brando.

[video=youtube;0JrK4gnNqOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JrK4gnNqOU&playnext=1&list=PL9BB6D3730EE85DD1&index=46[/video]

18. The Peoples SEO

Best Answers:
    I don't see what "rhetoric" has to do with putting lives in danger. You say you agree with something then you add some non-sense to your post. This is not a conspiracy, YOU DO NOT MAKE PUBLIC THE NAMES OF THE INFORMANTS, PERIOD, unless you are looking to have these people killed.... So what the hell are you talking about "rhetoric"???

This scumbag has put Australian troops in harms way, PERIOD.... I can only imagine what your countrymen who are in Afghan serving would think of the non-sense you are spewing here. Total lack of respect for the troops who are overseas, serving so you can post your love for a criminal who put their lives in more danger. Talk about a stab in the back.

How the hell do you know villagers have not been killed, by the Taliban looking for these informants? I take it your source on the ground there, told you, there was no deaths because of it...

19. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    No. He hasn't released Russian documents because the Russians haven't sent him any yet. Hopefully, people all over the world will see the good wikileaks is doing by opening up the truth and many more will send them the goods now. It would certainly be interesting reading and a great thing to build a world upon.

20. The Peoples SEO

Best Answers:
    Dude you are ignorant as hell, you sympathize with terrorist and don't even realize it... You're praising a criminal who took away a big part of the Aussie defense in Afghan (Afghan Informants) You are a disgrace to the good Aussies serving and dying in Afghan....

Guess it's easy to turn your back on your own troops, when your in a warm house, hiding behind a computer... Way to go sellout...