1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How INDIAN Writers Can Earn Big Bucks?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Fem, Jul 5, 2010.

1. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    This is exactly right. Country doesn't matter once a writer can work at a certain level in his/her niche or industry. So the first step is to write very well of for the type of work you are marketing.

I understand your frustration, but the experienced writers tend to poke fun and answer sarcastically because some of these questions are so ridiculous. I've been on the board for years and come back occasionally to contribute, but it's very hard to find something to answer that has not been said hundreds, if not thousands, of times before. If these struggling "writers" were to do even a basic search online or through this forum, they would find the answers they need for about 96 percent of the dumb things they ask.

Yes, yes we are all new at some point, but if anyone has has hope of making it in any online business, they need to learn that the first rule is to shut up and learn from others. The information is out there - nobody is going to willingly hand it over just because someone has decided to ask a question that has already been answered 4,321 times on this forum alone and the "new writer" didn't bother to at least search first.

Nope. You can hope this happens, but having already been through at least a few "revolutions" in this industry, the bottom rates will always be low. Fortunately, if those people are your real competition, you just have to outlast them. Most of the penny writers disappear pretty quickly. Of course, those that wise up and realize that they can use real writing skills outside of this forum leave anyway.

The key here is two-fold.

1. If you think your rates are tied to the base rates of horrible writers, you are either a horrible writer yourself or you're not doing enough research and reading (yes reading!) to learn how to effectively develop and market your skills. If you're a horrible writer, your job is to work to improve - again by seeking out help and practice or look for opportunities in the languages you do speak.

2. If you're a great writer irritated that you can 'only' make some crap rate either get out of the business because you're not going to make any difference trying to change others or take care of yourself. Crap writers aren't your competition if you're not one of them. Differentiate your business properly by specializing or effectively marketing yourself to the right clients. Some of the people doing the most whining aren't even set up as a real business presence or brand yet expect to be taken seriously as a professional.

2. It's great you're at that point - please don't think that's the utmost you can achieve, however, unless you're at a max point for your skills and knowledge.

3. Actually the opposite is true. When you specialize in an industry, niche or style of writing, you become an expert in that field. Businesses and clients who want higher level materials don't want a general article writer/spinner/rewriter to prepare their work. They want a pro, and building a brand around your favorite niche or style is how to take your business much farther than price hikes ever could.

4. Nope. You don't have to write full-time to make $1K or much more. Just learn to price your time according to your abilities and income possibilities and you can work the hours you want. I write no more than 15 hours per week currently and have a very nice full-time income.

Why not? The jobs should come to you if you're established as a professional in your niche and know how to build a brand. Networking and building your presence in your industry is the key to getting jobs once you reach a certain level - not bidding wars and BST threads.

internetauthor, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  2. garner808

garner808 Peon

Best Answers:
    Where do you suggest a person should start his writing career online? If say, he is willing to put a decent amount of work into this field.

garner808, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  3. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can start by picking up what Rebecca said. Digging deeper right here to find those threads where it has been discussed how and where starting such a career.

There are dozens of those threads and hundreds of answers to each and every question, trust me!

Mystique, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  4. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I can recall, this stuff is not meant to be sold for free. If yes, why not provide the direct link. If not, then stop promoting warez on this forum.

parsibagan, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  5. digitalbet

digitalbet Peon

Best Answers:
    I had bad experience with cheap Indian freelancers regarding some coding work. I believe it is the same with article writing. Not saying they are all bad, but those who are really cheap wouldn't like to expect much. They should really say they can do the job and offer jobs which they really in practise are able to achieve!

digitalbet, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  6. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone has their quota of good and bad experiences. I agree what you say, but then again, I had a bad experience with a graphic designer from Germany too. :=/

parsibagan, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  7. vna1611

vna1611 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any Indian writer can get great writing assignments.
    Just get a portfolio online with quality articles.
    Simple!!~!

vna1611, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  8. gogold

gogold Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Everyone,

A person by the name of Alok Grover ordered for few articles to be done by my team. Most of the projects that he gave me did not even have proper instructions, and I was asked to rework on them many times. Since he was my client, I had no choice but to comply with his unreasonable requests.

We had mutually agreed for bank payment since we are from the same country (India). However, he refused to give me a cell phone number by telling that he’s a very trustworthy person, and there would be no reason to share the telephone numbers. I should have realized his evil intentions at this point of time, but I guess I let my optimism get the better of me.

Then he started giving many reasons for delaying the payments.

Some weird reasons that he gave were like - My cousin got married and I did not know about it. However, all the time his G-talk status was showing him as available.

After several days, he asked me for my bank account information to transfer the payment online. Again he changed mind and told me that he was not comfortable with online bank transfers, and he would deposit the cash directly to my bank account. This episode again went on for some more days, and in the meanwhile he even stopped responding on Gtalk.

A couple of times I lost my cool and let him know about it on chat. After some days of disappearance, he told me that he would make the payments on my PayPal account. I was working on a very low budget for him, and so I asked him to include the transaction fees that I would lose out on PayPal transaction. After this, he has been avoiding me completely.

I did not know what to do at that point of time. So I made a blog of all the articles that have written for him, hoping that he would be unable to submit them to Ezines. I’m not sure if I am allowed to paste that Blog link out here, but I could send it on private message if anyone is interested to know about those articles.

I would like request all the clients and the writers to stay away from this fraud, Alok Grover. The clients could face copyright issues, and the writers would not get paid for their efforts.

Is there something that I could do to make him pay, as I have already paid my team from my own pocket?

Thanks and regards,
    Nady

gogold, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  9. recraig2

recraig2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Um, hold it! Are we talking about East Indians or Native Americans? I'm a bit confused because many still use the term Indians (even we Indians) to refer to Native Americans. People from India certainly are Indians, technically speaking, but I usually say "People from India" when referring to them, simply to avoid the confusion.

recraig2, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  10. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Gogold: There is nothing you can do. As far as Alok Grover is concerned, that is just a name on the net. He might as well be a she... Ms. Femme Fatale. Never accept jobs from someone who does not provide his/her contact number, especially if he is from your own country. Also, never accept any jobs without upfront payment. Treat whatever has occurred to you as a lesson.

parsibagan, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  11. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    +1

-------

I didn't read the entire thread but my opinion on this topic is I see tons of writers on this forum that cannot even make a legible sentence squawking about how they need more money.

How I get more money...? How I get $50 article...? I write expert article $50..?

When you write with so many mistakes only a ghetto turnkey website builder will buy your work. At $20- $40 for a 5 page turnkey website that does not leave much room for a content budget.

averyz, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  12. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    So very true. There are plenty of jobs that pay $50 or more per article, but they aren't in places where people are creating turnkey websites or simple adsense websites. DP is a tiny fragment of the market - a bit of market research (and self assessment for some) would go a very long way.

internetauthor, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  13. vishals

vishals Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is of interest to me because I am an Indian programmer moonlighting as a writer.

Without trying to impute that I am some kind of great programmer or writer, i would like to say that I too have seen my share of clueless programmers here. The problem is that students here join computer science not because they ave an aptitude for it, but because it is the most highly paying job around. There is a famous study that showed that a simple objective logic/programming test given to a sophomore class at the beginning of their year could very accurately predict their scores at the end of their course. Using which it can be concluded that there are some concepts that people just won't get.

My own experience is that in the domain of Electrical Engineering I cannot for the life of me grasp the idea of electrical current beyond the fact that current flows; and a few more facts. After that I have to struggle very hard to understand circuit diagrams and stuff. I can use mathematics, like Kirchoff law and more, but I just don't get a feel of what it means the way I get in concepts with computer science. And I have known guys who did - they knew what exactly it meant when they drew their circuit diagrams. heck, the electrician in my building is more versed in that skill than am I, though I know more math about it.

So I believe that test is on to something, and also explains your negative experience with some Indian programmers. Not all of them suck - some are very diligent, which makes up for their lack of talent. Some are very talented, and also diligent, but these are rarer. I do not want to post blogs of Indian programmers/"hackers" to prove a point which is kinda obvious.

So I made quite a long rant. I actually only wanted to answer your post with this effect: Dunning Kruger Effect

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
    vishals, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  14. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    "+1," averyz?

That idiot made so many ridiculous, dumbass posts, that it astounds the human mind. That has to be one of the most asinine posts ever.

If you agree with that, I just don't know what to say....

Nady, he isn't using your articles, right? So I am afraid that you are shit out of luck.

Learn from it, and move on.

You shouldn't have even wasted that much time on him.

Perry Rose, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  15. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You totally missed the part about the seagull.

averyz, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  16. StephanieMojica

StephanieMojica Peon

Best Answers:
    I for one don't care WHERE a writer is from. I've worked with a great writer in the Phillippines and some crappy writers in the U.S. Native English is usually important, but it's not usually the be all, end all. I know of PLENTY of native English speakers who can't write complete sentences.

Peace,
    Stephanie

StephanieMojica, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  17. gogold

gogold Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks parsibagan. You are so right :) Alok Gorver is a thief and we will leave it at that for now.

Sorry...............................Indians as in people from India :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
    gogold, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  18. StephanieMojica

StephanieMojica Peon

Best Answers:
    I am part Native American and a member of the Native American Journalists Association, so when I say Indians I mean people from India. Unfortunately, yes, many people still use Indians to refer to Native Americans.

Peace,
    Stephanie

StephanieMojica, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  19. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    lmao, averyz...what ARE you talking about??? lol

Never mind. I'll just sit back in amazement and laughter.

Ahhhhh, yes, the twilight zone is back. Whew!

Perry Rose, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  20. HacK_MiNDeD

HacK_MiNDeD Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello folks,

It's a nice discussion going on here.

I was just wondering if anyone of you could just visit my site and rate the content on a ten-point-scale?

It's http://www.hackerslane.com

And one good point for majority of INDIANS being underpaid is...they accept being underpaid and are happy with it. They are supposed to elevate themselves and their intellect, to get things done in a better way. :)

HacK_MiNDeD, Dec 10, 2010 IP