1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

wikileaks needs your help

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Arnie, Dec 5, 2010.

Mass-mirroring Wikileaks

Wikileaks is currently under heavy attack.
    In order to make it impossible to ever fully remove Wikileaks from the Internet, we need your help.
    if you have a unix-based server which is hosting a website on the Internet and you want to give wikileaks some of your hosting resources, you can help!

http://www.wikileaks.nl/mass-mirror.html

Arnie, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  2. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How come it's .nl, instead of .ch or .org?

Bushranger, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  3. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    therir .org and others got illegally busted by American authorities, without court order. It's a real one. They are currently running on many country domains now.

Lets the mouse chase the cat - greetings from Tom and Jerry

Arnie, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  4. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    [video=youtube;NXbCwq4ewBU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXbCwq4ewBU[/video]​

Arnie, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  5. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    That was very good, well done to the team. And a great surprise finish.

Bushranger, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  6. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    !@#ing AwESOME!!! That video rocked! That should truly be the next evolution in News Entertainment. I mean, I've always been a fan of Naked News, but that video was just plain clever.

I was watching Fox last night and I noticed they were doing a special on the scantily clad wrestling superstar "Sable" and her multiple covers on Playboy magazine. The commercial breaks featured sexy lingerie with provocative imagery. Murdoch obviously understands his marketing. They need to hire these guys and put em on after Greg Gutfeld, who is currently by far the most interesting cat on a legitimate news channel(otherwise I'd vote Jon Stewart).

As to the topic of your thread, those genie is out of the bottle, the toothpaste is out of the tube, and there is no putting it back. Assange being kicked about the planet looking for a place to host his files is purely a symbolic measure being carried out by the 90% of the planet that hates the guy, but anyone who cares already has a copy of those docs and no longer needs the web site.

I couldn't help but laugh when the video brought up Manning's sexuality, as if prosecuting the guy for treason is somehow or other "gay-bashing". For as clever as the video is, that type of talk actually sets back the cause of gays in the military. How many people do you really think feel this:
    [​IMG]

represents the American military more than this:
    [​IMG]

Obamanation, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  7. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Seems like wishful thinking on your part there. Figures are the exact opposite in Australia where 90% love him. Read the comments, it seems we like the truth more than lies, here in Australia.
    Door open for Assange to come home

Bushranger, Dec 6, 2010 IP
    Kerosene likes this.
  8. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    98% of the planet doesn't give a crap about him or never heard of him , politicians hate him for disclosing secret documents , journalists are seehim as a somewhat positive guy and the hacking geeks love him .

ApocalypseXL, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  9. echo_unlimited

echo_unlimited Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The U.S.: Name everyone who you happen to disagree with as a terrorist. I mean come on, a "high-tech terrorist"... are you kidding me? Who exactly in the definition of the term terrorism, is he terrorising?

echo_unlimited, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  10. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Freedom of speech is a good thing, but what Assange is doing is peddling classified docs he knows were stolen from the US government. His site has raked in millions doing so, and now he's claiming that if anything Happens to him or his site he'll release the password to a cache of additional stolen docs he refers to as his "insurance".

So basically he's definitely engaging in extortion if not espionage, possibly both. Cloaking that in the garb of "free speech" requires a gymnastics maneuver where he hides behind our flag while stomping on it. His support is from idealistic folks such as many that've posted in this thread who no doubt did so with the best of intent, but he himself is not an altruist, he's in it for the bucks and his ego. I doubt if it's going to end well for him, I predict a long stay in prison in his future.

robjones, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  11. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm a little lost here.
    Why does wikileaks need to get access to other peoples servers to transport files to?

Laceygirl, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  12. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Will.Spencer, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  13. Maslova

Maslova Peon

Best Answers:
    The US is leaning on any entity offering assistance to Wikileaks.

Read here how Paypal, Amazon and even how today, his Swiss bank fell like a pack of cards: Wikileaks Swiss Bank Account, Paypal & Amazon.

Anyone with US hosting is likely to get their hosting account closed if they host this stuff.

Whether you support Wikileaks or not, hosting it is lining yourself up for a heap of trouble.

Maslova, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  14. wmghori

wmghori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Once on torrent its really hard to get rid of the stuff. Govts. having hard time taking down thepiratebay.org. He should consult them.

wmghori, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    The U.S. has a lot of enemies out there, Julian can just pick one.

Will.Spencer, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  16. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Torrents can be shutdown by the trackers .

17. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Considering neither you or I provided any actual polling to consider Mr. Assange's popularity, we will have to draw some conclusions from what we know.

1) Practically every last hosting and/or naming service has turned on the man.
    2) Large sections of his own volunteer staff have turned on the man
    3) Most nation states have turned on the man, including those most lenient in the areas of individual rights vs. corporate and states rights.
    4) The most liberal rags(New York Times), while practically climaxing to read his smut(havent we all?), condemn him in practically every commentary for providing the smut they help distribute.
    5) Contrary to your comments, your link provides no evidence that Oz will shelter this idiot.

If you would like a bit clearer understanding of the lay of the land, you should give this article a thorough read.

To me, that sounds like an endorsement of a heart attack induced by injection while he sleeps.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
    Obamanation, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  18. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    His high profile it will cost the US 1-5 Mil to off him + the equipment required .

19. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    That sounded suspiciously like a bid.

Obamanation, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  20. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    It would be fun & profitable I admit :D Plus he would be an interesting prey . I think the US would rather have him in the bay sipping cocktails rather then having him commit suicide . Or like a lot of inconvenient people he would just "disappear" and then a corpse would show up in a couple of years .