1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Upsells are headaches! i can't tolerate them anymore.

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by dess71, Dec 3, 2010.

3 Upsells? and discounts of upsells? Oh it is annoying.
    I recently bought some product and I couldn't believe the appearance of one upsell after another. This makes me hate the product though it may be usefull. Besides am I supposed to make the foretold 500 usd or so per day without the upsell products? or only together with them? If I need to have them to make that amount then it should be mentioned before I even try to purchase. Nowadays there are so many lies and cheats just to make sales. I think we should follow some ethical rules that will satisy customers. Hope some things will get better in the future.

dess71, Dec 3, 2010 IP
  2. antantnz

antantnz Member

Best Answers:
    The ethics of all this can be a bit murky, but remember with CB you / the customer always has the chance to cancel / refund the product if they're not satisfied. Think of it as a bit of a safety net.

I think you make a good point that upsells can be very off-putting. You just spent $xxx and now they want another $XX and o wait another $xx as well?

Remember if you're dissatisfied with something you have some power. Cancel / refund the product and let the vendor know that you wouldn't have brought it if you'd had to purchase so many upsells.

You could also make a point of not promoting products with upsells ... of course, there's a chance that you like the extra money the upsells may bring in sometimes on products you're promoting. So it can be a bit of a catch 22.

What might be great for you when you're an affiliate isn't always so great when you're a customer.

antantnz, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  3. floodrod

floodrod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it really that hard to click "No Thanks"?

Ever buy a domain through Godaddy? How many pages of upsells do they put you through? LOTS...

This UPSELL business isn't just with Clickbank, Most Major companies do this too...

floodrod, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  4. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understand that but what about the income claim? Is that amount of income say 500 usd a day possible WITHOUT the upsell products? If you need to have those upsell products to make that amount then the cost would go though the roof like 37+97+67. I just don't feel this is good about this. Is there no other better way like selling with a single price like Amazon or other software products like in regnow.com ? I know Amazon also have " people who buy this also bought this..." section. But it does not annoy. Anyway I would be glad if things were better.

dess71, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  5. DomainBread

DomainBread Peon

Best Answers:
    Those upsells are so old at this point.

DomainBread, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  6. smile633

smile633 Peon

Best Answers:
    Build trust with your products and how you advertise. Stand out from the crowd. Deliver what you promise. I believe that is the way to go. Build a solid foundation.

smile633, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  7. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    It is how it is, learn to live with it. We are marketers and Upsells are part of the business which makes us money. If you are complaining about a particular product that your bought contact the owner directly or simply get a refund.

Sorry dude, but complaining about "Upsells" in a forum of internet marketers wownt make any difference - noone will stop using them because they make money even if they can be annoying... :)

web_18designer, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  8. A.Fitner

A.Fitner Peon

Best Answers:
    What we have to remember is we have to give the customers what they want. What one customer doesn't want another will happily pay the extra 79.00 to get and be happy. Upsells aren't just there to make us more money but they are there to give the customer more options which they may or may not want:)

A.Fitner, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  9. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you come across some free versions of some powerful antivirus software? Then I tell you that some are extremely nagging. Even sometimes they disturb you more than the virus itself. when anything like that happens, I will uninstall the software instantly because it annoys me. Upsells can be useful but one upsell after another 3 upsells and their discounts are going to bug you 6 times. No one wants this kind of treatment.
    The other day I was searching for an honest review of some launching product and found about it in the warrior forum and their discussions were more or less like this thread. When I read One guy's comment I couldn't help bursting into laughter. This is what he said when he talk about what he would do to marketers that do not give you any hint on their product instead lie about their system as being new while it is a rehashed product... "I'm actually in the process of creating a piece of software that will kick people in the nuts on auto-pilot" Please read the whole of the thread HERE.

dess71, Dec 24, 2010 IP