1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The truth about Affiliate Marketing!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Seqqa, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I'm not here because I'm a sig troll, I do like helping people I always have and always will. I also learn some things from time to time and I hire a few people from this forum to do jobs for me.

Seqqa, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  2. William Veasley

William Veasley Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha, sig troll! Good one.

I admire people truly there for helping purposes.

God bless!

William Veasley, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  3. nordicadmedia

nordicadmedia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice post and I agree with most of it, even though it sometimes sounds like a person who has lost all his money on affiliate marketing

nordicadmedia, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  4. cjmo75

cjmo75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Excuse me, but, you don't really have any idea how much money I make or the results I see. I make plenty of money as an internet marketer, and that's because I implement all of the strategies that I listed in my video that are known to work, and work well.

The only real way to make a full-time income online ( I make about $75,000 per year after 3 years of hard work) is to build a targeted opt-in list of responsive subscribers. That alone, however, isn't enough. You need to be able to build a relationship with them based on trust, and you do that by recommended products that work and provide the service that is listed in the sales page.

All of these Clickbank softwares that promise thousands of visitors after 15 minutes of work are total BS, and NONE of them work. It's all based on gimmick and hype.

The sad fact is that anyone who can pay a graphic designer and good copywriter to create them a nice looking sales page can make a lot of money, even if their product is junk (which is 75% of all Clickbank products).

My list is not huge (about 8500 subscribers), but when I recommend a product in a broadcast I can make between 70-85 sales with each broadcast. That means my list is converting sales at about 1%. I think it's probably safe to say that I make more from one broadcast than 95% of all internet marketers do in one month.

The whole point of my video is to stop consumers from buying those magic bullet products. I'm actively involved with several other marketers to get the word out about these products and to destroy the guru's sales. We need to bring back the trust to internet marketing, and it's my hope that the FTC will start enforcing their new laws better. The outrageous claims on a lot of these sales pages is sickening.

Frankly, I'm not too thrilled about the tone you took, and it's safe to say that you have probably been taken more than once and that's why you are so bitter. I find your comments offensive and off color. Frankly sir, it's evident that you are quite an asshole.

cjmo75, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  5. Clubland

Clubland Peon

Best Answers:
    BS 'gurus' suck. It took me 3yrs to get where i am now. List of 15,000 in one niche and 7,000 in another.

Yeah, i make a healthy profit, but hard work pays.

Also, all the 47 bucks products are just rehashed products from a few years back. And they put copyrights on it all? Give me a break.

If you really want to make money, make your own products. Promote your own stuff, and keep 100% of the money earnt.

That is what i do, and i will never jv, adswap or anything to get bigger lists.

I worked hard to get where i am now, and if you make your own products, you'll get better responses from your list like mine.

74% and 45% response respectively.

I could go on about all type of stuff which i hate. But, if you take anything from what i say, take this - MAKE YOUR OWN PRODUCTS!

More profits that way.

Think about it, plr ebooks, put a new cover on it, call it something else, add and take stuff from it. Easy as pie!

Thats how i started.

Clubland, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  6. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, be a business owner not an affiliate marketing internet salesmen bitch. You'll spend your whole life working hard and remaining piss poor while someone else gets rich while they send you petty pay checks month after month. I never promote affiliate programs any more if I want to promote something I'll make it myself for whatever I feel is a fair price. Get a team of 10 from the far east to make it, $20k 3 months and I can have some pretty complex software created and on the market.

Seqqa, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  7. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    haha affiliate marketing is pretty much a scam.

Lots more money gets spend by people trying to make money then actually gets made. And right there it creates a market for scumbags to sell ebooks, secrets, turnkey websites, etc.

If people really have a money making secret they keep it and make money. why would they sell it for $40 and set everyone esle up to flood the market ? They don't. they just sell BS to dumb noobs.

averyz, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  8. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Afraid your courses won't sell ? Don't worry as long as there are ppl making under 50 USD per day there will be plenty of fish in the pond . Also ppl seem to forget that they could get more valuable info in their 1st year when getting an MBA then reading 10.000 Super-Ultra-Secret e-books .

Actually the reasons are : intelligence , hard work and luck . Work smart not hard .

If a sig could get you insider information Seqqa would have 50 sigs :p

So after reading BS you started selling BS ?

ApocalypseXL, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  9. smile633

smile633 Peon

Best Answers:
    ... and that leaves space for all those who do not give up! :)

smile633, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  10. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can make a lot of money off that quote if you understand the philosophy.

Seqqa, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  11. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    I understand in almost completely but since I rarely trade it's not as useful to me as it is to you .

ApocalypseXL, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  12. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I invest more than I trade, helps you sleep better at night. I do care about what I buy into, traders don't they just look for what's liquid.

Seqqa, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  13. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    I was assuming you are talking about the equity market . I know you're investing quite heavily in stocks .

ApocalypseXL, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  14. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    50/50 it's just half what I do, currency is the worst kind of investment so I always keep a small liquid net worth around 10%, 90% of my net worth is invested into markets both UK/US. The other 50% of what I do is create a diversified portfolio of online businesses. I model myself around how Warren Buffet works. I use one of the techniques he uses to grow money called profit allocation, which is basically taking the profits from one area of the business and investing them into another area. For example I may take profits from Business A, and invest them into Business B, because Business B is giving me a better ROI. If profits are building up and the company is becoming cash rich I'll buy stock either new stock or I'll add to an existing position. Some are long term investments 5-10 years maybe more some are short term maybe a year or two. I also own goverment fixed income bonds.

I basically run my life as if I am my own bank.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
    Seqqa, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  15. Clubland

Clubland Peon

Best Answers:
    You have no idea what i do to make money, so your revelence to this comment is total nonsense.

Just because i started that way, does not mean that i am still doing it.

When was the last time i promoted to those lists of mine?

Please answer that one, because you seem to know all the answers without knowing cold hard facts.

Clubland, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  16. octavyo

octavyo Peon

Best Answers:
    excellent share. Thank you for posting this video.

octavyo, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  17. MrktTimingAcdmy

MrktTimingAcdmy Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahmennnnn Brother! That being said there is something to sticking with it, but there is no easy buck. Funny video!

MrktTimingAcdmy, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  18. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    YO! That video is the SHIIT!!!!! I love it! ha ah ah ah ha ha ha ha!

"As Phucking Stupid as it sounds!" ha ha ha ha ha ha!

That was Great!

GuruCreation, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  19. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's a lot of reasons people fail in anything. Most people don't want to actually try, or else they give up too quickly. A lot of others simply get bad advice. Then there's those who actually go into this Business full speed ahead, without any negative thinking, and MOST OF THEM will make it.

I can't stand the Guru's, but you can't consider everyone a Guru in this Business. That's far from the truth. Then again, there's a lot of people who have made money from the Guru's products. It's all about actually working, too. ;)

Anyone who knows me knows that I've bashed plenty of Guru's on my blog, but you cannot say that people have not made money from their products or that no millionaires have been "created" by using their products as a kick start.

Consider any Business and any job. If everyone was productive, you'd most likely have very little competition. Unfortunately, very few people appreciate their jobs and could care less about anything except the weekend. They're there for a check, and if they actually had to earn it - they'd give up on that, too. Luckily, they sit back and collect payment for doing half hearted jobs.

clenard, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  20. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't mind people who sell valuable information that can be used to make you extra cash if you already are a $100 a day internet marketer and someone sells you REAL methods on how to grow your list and as a result you now find yourself with a larger list and $150 a day in revenue then it was totally worth the money and the guys information is the real deal.

What pisses me off is those who expolit people, and make money by totally ripping them off with worthless shit that they'd be better off not buying in the first place. People who sell this crap are a parasite.

The over hyping is just got to a point where any half intelligent person is going to think you'e a total desperado and need 50 bucks ASAP to buy tomorrows food.

Seqqa, Dec 8, 2010 IP