1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Google Analytics can't track Pop-Ups links?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Hyder Ali, Dec 6, 2010.

Hello Everyone,

I've added my contact us form in slide panel on top of my site. Whenever a user click on contact us a panel opens instead of another page where a visitor can view our location & also fill up the form for the enquiry.

My dilemma is when the visitor fills the form a "Thanks.htm" without URL pop-up appears due to which I can't track it in Google Analytics how many times the form has been filled up. So, I've made an html URL in the pop-ups & added the same in Google Analytics & for testing I'd fill the form. I know google takes 24 hrs to update but its been 72 hrs I can't see my 1st Goal in Analytics.

Please help me whether I'd done anything wrong.

Hyder Ali, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  2. imperialDirectory

imperialDirectory Peon

Best Answers:
    Google does track pop-up links as long as you inserted the code correctly.

- Try hitting the form directly with the URL and see if Google Analytics tracking works correctly.
    - Make sure you didn't use "custom filter" to filter traffic from your location (IP address)

There's another way to track popup form without an HTML url (one less page load to your server)

Use "virtual page view" to track clicks on "contact us". A sample code would be like

pageTracker._trackPageview('/contact_us_form_clicks');

Here's a more detail sample:

<a href="javascsript:;" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/contact_us_form_clicks');">Contact Us</a>

Code (markup):
    Make sure "contact_us_form_clicks" or any other name you prefer to use is a not a real page. Since this is just a "virtual page". Then, in your goal setting, set that url "/contact_us_form_clicks" as one of your goal.

For this, you can achieve the same tracking data without having an extra page.

imperialDirectory, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  3. guruji007

guruji007 Member

Best Answers:
    imperialDirectory

* View Profile
    * View Forum Posts
    * Private Message
    * View Blog Entries
    * Visit Homepage
    * View Articles
    * Add as Contact
    * Send Email

Thanks imperialDirectory, This is really fantastic & awesome SEO Tips for a webmaster.

guruji007, Dec 6, 2010 IP