1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for a good CMS ro create a site for financing company (no WP or Joomla)

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by LisaJones, Oct 22, 2010.

I am looking for a CMS to create a site for our financing company. The template should clean & nice looking, should be updated easily by me or my co-workers.
    No Joomla, Wordpress or Drupal please! It's something crazy & most of our people will not be sitting & learning coding.
    Any suggestions on good & easy site builders?

LisaJones, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  2. LisaJones

LisaJones Peon

Best Answers:
    Why is it so quiet here? Has no one tried something similar?

LisaJones, Nov 8, 2010 IP
  3. ar11sm

ar11sm Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Lisa,

What kind of budget are you working with? When do you need to have solution in place by?

ar11sm, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  4. deu12000

deu12000 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know you said no WordPress, but create an HTML template that you really like, then code it to work with WordPress. WordPress is very easy to use even for a user that isn't "script savvy". Joomla and Drupal have a learning curve. WordPress is as simple as going to the page you want to change and using the WYSIWYG editor to make changes. Plus it's incredibly flexible when it comes time to upgrade and add features.

deu12000, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I concur, wordpress is clearly the way to go. Certainly if you want to be able to update it easily. I use this site pretty often.

http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress There are loads of things that are great looking and highly functional. It takes a few hours tops to do something really professional.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  6. courageous

courageous Peon

Best Answers:
    yes,i think too about wordpress.
    You'd use wordpress to make your site.

courageous, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  7. incompetentseoavailable

incompetentseoavailable Peon

Best Answers:
    incompetentseoavailable, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  8. LisaJones

LisaJones Peon

Best Answers:
    The estimated budget is $200-250, not more. And I need to update a site regularly

LisaJones, Dec 2, 2010 IP
  9. LisaJones

LisaJones Peon

Best Answers:
    I've tried it and it seems like we'll need to order a custom design, cannot find a template we really like. It's quite simple, I agree. But I'm still evaluating the systems. Not sure if we go for WP.

10. LisaJones

LisaJones Peon

Best Answers:
  11. Asra Consulting Services

Asra Consulting Services Peon

Best Answers:
    please PM me , I can do this Job,

rgds.

12. LisaJones

LisaJones Peon

Best Answers:
    It means you create a CMS for us so we can easily update the information afterwards. Do I get you correctly?

LisaJones, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  13. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.mandrien.com/ You could do that in wordpress in under an hour and have complete control over everything ;) You simply can login and edit text, add pages and so on.

When I mentioned themeforest it is because you can get something that has the cms framework you need. You still have to re-factor the graphics to suit your needs. It is well within your budget as well. This is really a no brainer.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Dec 9, 2010 IP
  14. adimaryanto

adimaryanto Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Lisa
    For me.... Wordpress or Joomla CMS no problem for building website. because CMS developed by the community will follow the progress of time.
    if you still want to use a custom CMS. you must have a budget more than $ 500 for it. Since most developers use a CMS to simplify and speed up its work.
    Just needed coding in the template

IMHO & CMIIW

adimaryanto, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  15. LisaJones

LisaJones Peon

Best Answers:
    Someone mentioned it is built with turnkey CMS. Do you know anything about it?

LisaJones, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  16. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    It's not going to happen. You don't want to use something easy like Wordpress, which is also open source or any of the other free CMS platforms, then you need to have it custom designed, or build in HTML. Your people are still going to have to learn code to administer something built from scratch.

If they can't learn an easy admin panel like Wordpress, then they will have a problem with anything you use...especially with that little of a budget.

You don't have the budget to design your own, and don't want to use what's out there and free. That pretty much leaves you with very few options.

As far as the design goes, you can get anything you want on the front end on any platform . Either buy an existing one or have one made to your specification.
    Which software you use has nothing to do with the design on the front end. You can design any way you want.

hmansfield, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  17. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    This could easily be done on Wordpress. You could buy a premium template that is similar and customize it the way you want with your own colors and logo and build the front page however you want it to look. Or have someone do it for you.
    However, with a budget of only $250, you will probably be better of doing it yourself.

hmansfield, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  18. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    Turnkey CMS is simply a fancy word for a custom-developed CMS that a developer builds and then gives complete control over the code to the customer. This is done at the larger level starting projects of over 5-10k. Unless you have above $5k and at least 2-3 months of timeframe to develop your own CMS, I think someone pulling your leg. You will not be able to build a custom CMS to turn over to your customer.

There are several great choices to complete your project. My recommendation (over 12 years of experience in Web design) would be go with one of the top 3 CMS.

1. Wordpress
    2. Joomla
    3. Drupal

If you have a larger budget above $500 then you might to look at more mid-size business CMS like Alfredo and ExpressionEngine are two mid-end CMS you can reliably go with.

My two cents, please add to my user reputation if you found me informative, useful and I have answered your questions. Please feel free to post any further questions and I will be glad to assist you.

EJRaven, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  19. LisaJones

LisaJones Peon

Best Answers:
    so you say it's impossible to get a template & CMS for this money, correct? Even though the WP is free... Actually I'm lost

LisaJones, Dec 13, 2010 IP
  20. LisaJones

LisaJones Peon

Best Answers:
    well even if they are more expensive I cannot get how they work :) so WP might be better but still my co-workers are not happy with this idea

LisaJones, Dec 13, 2010 IP