1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

POLL : MyBB Vs. Vbulletin

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Woodcs82, Nov 29, 2010.

?

MyBB Vs. Vbulletin Which Is Best???

1. MyBB

49 vote(s)
    54.4%
  2. VBulletin

41 vote(s)
    45.6%
    POLL : MyBB Vs. Vbulletin

Please POLL IN!

-C :cool:

Woodcs82, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  2. -Aw-

-Aw- Active Member

Best Answers:
    vBulletin under Internet Brands has gone downhill. 4.x is still in "beta," it's ridiculously overpriced (thank goodness for used licenses) and XenForo (by Kier Darby and Mike Sullivan) is going to kill them slowly but surely, even if Internet Brands wins the lawsuit, which I doubt it will.

I've actually had very good success under MyBB + Google SEO (plus extra template edits for SEO, such as changing title tags and adding h1 tags). Its ACP also is a lot more modern and user-friendly than vBulletin's (then again, ANYTHING is), and it's lighter/faster.

-Aw-, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  3. BrickMaster

BrickMaster Peon

Best Answers:
    MyBB has my vote as well. As -Aw- said, VB has really gone downhill following their selling to Internet Brands. MyBB on the other hand has gotten much better. In my opinion it can do basically all that vBulletin can do plus some. On top of that, it loads faster, and it's easy to use. The community MyBB has is much more friendly and easier to work with than the vBulletin community as well. You ask a question on there and over 99% of the time, you'll get support within a few minutes. Talking to one of my friends who has been a long-time vBulletin user, he has to wait hours and sometimes days for a reply. So yeah, in short, I believe that MyBB is by far, a better forum solution than vBulletin.

BrickMaster, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  4. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    lol ^ speculation ;)

vBulletin FTW

Brandon Sheley, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  5. Woodcs82

Woodcs82 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Brandon its "C" ...what do you like about Vbulletin that MyBB doesn't offer for free.

:cool:

-C

Woodcs82, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  6. ghazal

ghazal Member

Best Answers:
    MyBB is best forum software but I think vB is awesome among all paid softwares.

ghazal, Nov 29, 2010 IP
  7. ajshep1984

ajshep1984 Peon

Best Answers:
    I chose MyBB over vB 1 year + 1 day ago - I've not regretted it once.

ajshep1984, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  8. rain21

rain21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like myBB

rain21, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  9. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm doing 600k posts per month on my MyBB forum. It runs very well and users love it. I ran VB years ago. It completely sucked for me.

RectangleMan, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  10. ghazal

ghazal Member

Best Answers:
    MyBB IMO lack some of the good authors to elevate there project. Some senior authors ruin on juniors just because they don't want a new coder to make a "Plugins" site, because they know that if those new comers initiate this, then they wil have short of subscribers, and so MyBB had lost dozens of useful members for their community just because of those seniors.

IMHO, if MyBB owners didn't take any serious actions on their some senior members, then I would have to say that its a threat that MyBB Project will sunk down. :s

ghazal, Dec 3, 2010 IP
  11. RectangleMan

Best Answers:
    Ghazal..you've been repeatedly banned from MyBB for stealing work, creating multiple accounts, and in general making yourself a nuisance. And despite your negative words about MyBB you refuse to go away. You're running a MyBB fan site right now that's linked from your profile. Say whatever you want but those who regularly visit and post at MyBB.com understand why you're not welcome there.

You need to grow up and stop blaming others for your actions. No one cares about you having a fan site. The problems were you stealing work claiming it was yours. Then you just kept finding ways to tick various members off. Eventually everyone tired of your antics and you were banned. Don't blame anyone but yourself.

RectangleMan, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  12. ghazal

ghazal Member

Best Answers:
    Please don't call me Ghazal, I'm ghazal and always use the same username across all forums in the internet.
    I know that there was a person who used my name and registers on the mybb site with a capital "G" letter like "Ghazal" just to blame me and start to make a fight and quarrel against me in my absence from mybb.com . You've to be sure that I never used any other username except "ghazal" every where;
    http://mybbsource.com/user-1430.html
    http://forum.mybbz.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=49

are examples. You can search me every where with this username.

Yes, its true that I had run a MyBB fan site in the past, but now those are sold to other persons. The websites in my signature is not own by me. I'm promoting there sites for money.

I welcomed there in the past, but unfortunately I got banned without a valid reason. I've told you earlier that I used only "ghazal" as my username, but unfortunately the staff there didn't consider my sincere request to re-think on the action they have performed against me. That showed their Ignorance. But despite of this that the staff of MyBB had sunk my future for MyBB, and enforced me to stop making plugins for them, I didn't give up. I've made two plugins again for MyBB and are available for downloads:

Link Bucks Plugin: http://forum.mybbz.net/showthread.php?tid=158
    Threads Decorator: http://forum.mybbz.net/showthread.php?tid=157

Both are exclusive. If you have any other issue, try to download that from mods site: http://mods.mybb.com/view/my-threads-decorator and search the code to identify yourself.

FYI, I had made above 250 Plugins, 300+ MyCodes and 40+ themes. Its a huge contribution for MyBB from any other user. You can track my posted plugins from either mybbcodes.com or mybbaddons.com

I'm not blaming others. I've posted what I think the best. I've revealed the truth about my plugins and other stuffs. They are exclusive and have nothing copy/paste from other coders. You can match the code yourself, its free.

Also, please don't quote my post again, I'm not going to respond to your post any more. Please don't use DP as a third party tool to bring your fight on here. I simply don't like you, just because of your dealings with me in the past. You said me liar, thief, and backbite on me in my absence, on mybb.com

I simply don't like to reply on your posts.

ghazal, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  13. Pirata Nervo

Pirata Nervo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ghazal, I believe labrocca typed "Ghazal" with an upper case 'g' because it's how we start a phrase in the west languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, etc.

And everyone knows you stole plugins, there's proof of it. Some of your plugins even contained the copyright of other authors, because you forgot to remove/edit them.

/ontopic, MyBB is my favourite, no doubt. Even though it could use some improvements code-wise (not going to point where, since I'm tired of this kind of discussions) and probably within the team itself too.

Pirata Nervo, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  14. ghazal

ghazal Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Since you've quoted my post, so I've to reply this here again.

labrocca always typed my name with capital "G", so there's no thing to say that he has used this to start a phrase.

Well, I've requested thousands times (or might even more) about this from the staff there. They never (an I probably have to say "can never") replied to me even a single time to give me "proofs" about any one plugin coded by me that contain any other's codes or copyrights. All the times they replied that we have proofs, we have proofs.. and nothing more..

And Please don't quote me again. I've many other good things to do rather to go and respond on your posts.
    Bye Bye!

ghazal, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  15. Pirata Nervo

Pirata Nervo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I cannot find any rules about quoting people, so I don't think you can force me not to do it.
    Bye ghazal.

Pirata Nervo, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  16. ghazal

ghazal Member

Best Answers:
    Then quote what ever times you want to do, I don't want to reply on you.

Bye Bye![​IMG]

ghazal, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  17. Woodcs82

Woodcs82 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like Vbulletin is starting to catch up....who will take the TITLE...Vbulletin or myBB?

Thanks for all the votes so far :cool:

Woodcs82, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  18. ghazal

ghazal Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, vB votes are now increasing :D

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
    ghazal, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  19. RectangleMan

Best Answers:
    In english proper names get capitalized. That's just grammar. It continues to show your inability to grasp the language. Probably the start of your many problems.

And while you've defended writing stolen code from plugins you've not addressed the multiple accounts while being banned or the nuisance you were to the member base.

Almost all pure crap. No one has every considered your work valuable as much of it is simplistic and benign plugins hardly even worth installing. You have a quality issue. You've never written a must-have plugin.

Maybe now..but initially you did copy code. Do you think everyone is just making this up?

It's comments like this that turned the community against you. You have no right to control what I say or how I say it. You did the same nonsense at MyBB.com. I follow the rules of DP...not Ghazal.

Maybe go back a few posts...you'll see how you slur senior authors. So you started this and now a couple senior authors are replying.

No such thing exists. I'm one of the oldest authors of MyBB that's still active. I've done nothing but encourage new members to write code and learn to expand MyBB. I see the same willingness to help with all authors. If you think I have something personal against you...well I don't. I just think you're very low quality author pretending to be a good author. And I think everyone else sees the same thing.

I'm out here in open forums expressing the greatness of MyBB year after year hoping to actually attract professional coders and themers. It's unfortunate the way your membership went. But again...as I stated in my last post. "You need to grow up and stop blaming others for your actions. No one cares about you having a fan site."

RectangleMan, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  20. *pushkar*

*pushkar* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mybb is a good free forums software and vb is a good paid one

*pushkar*, Dec 9, 2010 IP