1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The truth about Affiliate Marketing!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Seqqa, Dec 4, 2010.

This will explain why you'll never make much money online as an Affiliate.

[video=youtube;KbmtE4B4e3k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbmtE4B4e3k[/video]

Seqqa, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  2. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree to what is said in the video. Excellent share...

Every piece of talk was truth... naked truth and nothing else.

infogle, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  3. avroraventures

avroraventures Member

Best Answers:
    Although, I agree w/ the video - there is something to be said about sticking it out, learning the business, paying your dues before you make it big

avroraventures, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  4. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This industry is self tought, you're only going to learn by trying and failing. You need to find for youself what works and what dosn't. You wanna learn something try Google it's the best website I know.

Seqqa, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  5. jman227

jman227 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah that's true in a way.
    But being an affiliate marketer is just like being an in real life salesman, you earn commision for selling someone else's product. Not everyone can afford to own the product they are selling. Perhaps only 1 in 100 affiliates become successful, but isn't that true with every career?
    I mean lots of people dream of becoming sport's stars and a decent percentage of them go to great lengths to achieve this, but how many of them actually make it into a pro team? 0.01%
    I can't think of any high paying job that doesn't require a degree or extreme talent where more than 1% of the people in the industry become extremely rich.
    Having said that, I'm just getting started in the online world, so I could be very wrong.

jman227, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  6. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well this is it, the people who buy these products will either find that they do have a talent for affiliate marketing or they do not. You can find everything you need in this forum to make money online and then talent will push apart a lot of people who make nothing and a few who make it all. To make good money within affiliate marketing it's most likely that you're going to have to take on a level of risk, and risk your own money promotting a product you have little or no control over.

The little or no control is the part I don't like.

Seqqa, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  7. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Aff marketing ain't easy at all, but then it pays rich dividends if you're successful. I'm reminded of an old saying: You can't have your cake and eat it too

Although I'd love to ;)

sar420, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  8. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I know many people that make a living off of it. And I'm getting closer and closer to making a living myself.

It takes consistent research, work and creativity. If "most people" will give up, then most people will not make much money.

usasportstraining, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  9. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You'll find that you know a lot of people that make a lot or "good" money, because they are the people who have been active on this forum for a long time and have become successful. There are a lot of inactive digitalpoint members, and they'll mostly be the people who gave up as well as a small mix of the people who really made it in life and no longer require the use of this forum any more. Which I'm close to that myself although I do like posting here when I have time.

Also a lot of people may not be a lot, if you know 10,000 people who make a living online but 9,990,000 who made little or nothing and a success rate of 0.01% than it's not very good at all.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
    Seqqa, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  10. William Veasley

William Veasley Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

I agree with the video, thanks for sharing that it's nice to watch videos from time to time. I'm sure 90% of the people who try affiliate marketing fail.

But, I also agree with this quote. That is how it is in the real life. Many things that people admire and want work extremely hard to achieve it. Just like what was said In the quote, many young kids grow up dreaming to become a pro in some sport. How many of them actually become a pro? Even less than 1 percent.

I am also new to the whole online world and selling stuff, but I have always believe in more than one source of income. Online there are too many ways to make money than to just focus on affiliate marketing. You might not become rich off affiliate marketing, but you can add however much you make with all your other streams on income.

You should ALWAYS have more than one income steam, expecially online.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks again.

God bless

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
    William Veasley, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  11. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice vid Seqqa , people seem to fail to understand that the volatility of the market is what makes it so dam profitable and that the very thing that makes it so profitable also makes it next to impossible to succeed .

ApocalypseXL, Dec 4, 2010 IP
    Mia likes this.
  12. s.tranger

s.tranger Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem is most people try affiliate marketing for the internet marketing niche. Move on to something else.

s.tranger, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  13. g36

g36 Peon

Best Answers:
    What video? I see nothing.......

g36, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  14. cjmo75

cjmo75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I have mixed feelings about this. I'll agree that it's not easy, but you can make a full-time income from internet marketing.

It took me almost 2 years to make enough to get by from my online income, but I did it. It took a ton of work, and I still put in 6-8 hours on the computer EVERY day.

The one thing to remember is that the only way to make enough money to live is to build a list. Straight article marketing will not make you anywhere near $400-$500 per week, unless you have well over 1000 articles published with many of them ranking high in Google.

I have almost 8000 subscribers on my list now, and can make $800-$1000 per week from 2-3 email broadcasts. Still, it's a LOT less than all of the so-called "gurus" tell you you will make, so I agree with the video in that respect.

One thing to remember is that there is no "magic button" solution. It's a lot of hard work, and the proven methods are really the only ones that work. All of those traffic softwares that they sell on Clickbank are total BS.

I put together a video to explain:

[video=youtube;-WeJliEUEkY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WeJliEUEkY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

cjmo75, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  15. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seqqa, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  16. rxJay

rxJay Peon

Best Answers:
    This doesnt explain WHY you will never make a lot of money...it explains WHO will never make a lot of money.
    The only secret I know is HARD WORK.
    And if you are willing to work hard you WILL make money online. I cant tell if you will make tons of money, or just make a living, but if you are willing to work hard you will make money online.
    took me a few years to understand that nothing will happen by sitting in front of my computer and reading about other people success stories. you need to create your own success story, and in order to do that start by WORKING 8 hours a day.

rxJay, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  17. Jasonc

Jasonc Peon

Best Answers:
    This video sounds like the rant of a person who bought too many courses,
    didn't implement one method, and never made a buck.

Sorry dude, blaming everyone else because you're not rich yet is a stupid thing to do.
    Yeah, it is true that there is some BS in IM, but all in all, there are a lot of good methods that WORK!

The problem that you didn't point out is that
    a lot of CONSUMERS who buy these courses are
    looking for a magic bullet.

Something that requires zero effort and produces
    100 fold. If they don't see results right away
    they switch gears and start looking for a new solution.

The same story goes for weight loss products.

ITS JUST THE WAY THAT PEOPLE ARE

So stop saying that it's ok to blame other people
    because you haven't seen success yet.

Take some REAL and consistent action today
    and repeat to see REAL results.

Jasonc, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  18. William Veasley

William Veasley Peon

Best Answers:
    It really seems like the whole point of the second video was for self promotion.

Big help there dude. Everyone already knows there are a lot of scams on the web that is nothing new.

The only thing I believe in is hard work. If you work hard at anything you will find a way that works for you. Most of all what works for someone else doesn't mean it will work for you because everyone is different.

I hope people stop falling for scams. I fell for a few scams and never will I fall for another.

God bless

William Veasley, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  19. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess you're one of these BS "guru" guys that sells bullshit for 47 bucks on how to become a millionaire, good luck with that. I made that video for a bit of fun because I'm one of those guys that does own a legit company, very successful if I may add and gives me the freedom to make fun of people like you.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
    Seqqa, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  20. William Veasley

William Veasley Peon

Best Answers:
    @Seqqa

Hey,

I noticed you have no signature when you could have one. This tells me that you really participate on this forum to help others and for fun.

I think that's pretty cool, because you really see someone with your authority with a signature.

I would be more open to listen to your advice.

Thanks.

God bless

William Veasley, Dec 5, 2010 IP