1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is joomla site? Is it more easier than wordpress?

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by websolutions85, Oct 2, 2010.

1. xhmaker

xhmaker Member

Best Answers:
    This is a simple problems. If you want to use Ping with Joomla, You can use windows live writer, With this tool, You can Ping your new post To >100 Search Engines. Of course, more than Wordpress. If you dont want to use this tool, There are also many Plugin for auto ping

I'm Running 4 sites On Hostgator, and Using Ijoomla SEO + SH404, When you use WOrdpress, You must Install All SEO pack Plugin , AFF Ninja , Super cache or CDN , I sure these Plugin will get More CPU than Joomla

With WOrdpress, How can you creat mutil site on a Domain. You must use uwordpress, mustn't you?. But as I know, WOrdpress is Nolonger suppot uwordpress.

With Wordpress, Use only have Content, but With Joomla, you have compoments and Content.

xhmaker, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  2. preeminencedesign

preeminencedesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Joomla is the only CMS i use, when it comes to creating websites for my clients, if you learn how to use it - it works well with web 2.0 and seo... if done right, but normaly you will have to buy the correct add-ons

preeminencedesign, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  3. Pronto! SEO

Pronto! SEO Peon

Best Answers:
    I only started on website design and development a few months ago but had previously played around with Word Press sites. I cracked open my first Joomla site a few weeks ago and I have been able to do TONS more with it than I ever could with Word Press and it only take a couple of nights to get my head around it.

Plus I've only scratched the surface so far... if you want to get really stuck in everything is there for you. I'm sure it is with Word Press too, but it just seems harder to get it to do what you want to! Just me personal opinion though.

Pronto! SEO, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  4. inkanet

inkanet Peon

Best Answers:
    Built in Joomla SEO works fine for me so I don't have to install plugins which would be CPU hungry.

I think that basic decision should be made upon what do you need a site for:

1. Personal Blog, smaller money site - use WP

2. Corporate portal, extensive web sites - use Joomla

Everything else that falls between this two extreme options, well both should do fine.

inkanet, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  5. BartSimpsons08

BartSimpsons08 Peon

Best Answers:
    well written counter, some encourage for newbie like me to use Joomla..;)

BartSimpsons08, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  6. gasan86

gasan86 Peon

Best Answers:
    joomla very naughty cms,but wp pet google

gasan86, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  7. moderntattoodesigns

moderntattoodesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    Both Joomla and Wordpress have their place. Think of Wordpress as a fork, and Joomla as a swiss army knife. Both serve a function well, one is more powerful than the other. But the power comes with a steeper learning curve and a whole lot more complexity.

If you are building a blog or a brochure type website, Wordpress is perfect, and will keep things nice and simple. If you need more complex features, like a forum, newsletter system, directory, social type website, E-commerce store, Joomla is a better choice as it is more extendible.

moderntattoodesigns, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  8. xphunt3r

xphunt3r Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me wordpress is simpler than any other..........

xphunt3r, Nov 17, 2010 IP
  9. RW1210

RW1210 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is common problem that people think one CMS i better than other. Personal, I love Joomla and I hope that 1.6 will make some improvements.

RW1210, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  10. NoPass

NoPass Peon

Best Answers:
    i installed joomla and wordpress using XAMPP web server. I find Joomla more complicated than wordpress. However, Joomla is more organize but it takes time to familiarize it.

NoPass, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  11. rag_gupta

rag_gupta Member

Best Answers:
    I'm running couple of joomla websites. Joomla is being used by, I think 10 times more people than Drupal. But I've read that Drupal is better and more sturdy than joomla at the same time Drupal's learning curve is steeper than that of Joomla.

Joomla does provide lot more flexibility than WP at the same time some headaches too.

Check my latest joomla sites: www.creditcardpaymentgateways.in , www.indiamostfamous.com

rag_gupta, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  12. starya

starya Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla is one of the best cms to create great looking websites and also it is really easy to use. But i think joomla is slower than wordpress.

starya, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  13. Gblogger

Gblogger Peon

Best Answers:
    I am using joomla for last two years...

Its way better than WP if you know how to use it... Its just not the blogging system.. You can design almost any site in that... portal website.. Photo gallery, software downlaod website and so many... and very easy to learn...

Just try it once.. you wont regret it...

PS ; I am so sick of people saying that WP is better than joomla... I think they never tried it... You have learn a lot to use joomla but its worth it..

Gblogger, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  14. lee_day_designandrcoding

lee_day_designandrcoding Member

Best Answers:
    I've built templates in joomla before, here's one that's live ww*w.fight-factory.c*o.uk ( remove asterixs from link )
    ( if you don't believe look at the web dev name in the about page )

I designed and built that template, it wasn't hard, what i found hard was trying to customize how joomla lays out the content. I want to make the layout less rigid. I want to be able to have several boxes on the main page, with each one displaying a title, thumbnail and article preview from a particular category but haven't managed figured it out yet. In wordpress i can do this no problem, but in joomla i'm banging my head against the wall :(

I'm trying to get a layout like this h*ttp://img3.imageshack.us/*img3/6954/layoutrequest*.jpg

15. ParentingCoachLisa

ParentingCoachLisa Peon

Best Answers:
    I've never tried to use joomla platform for real but I already study about it for a couple of weeks and I could say that it's a lot more complex than wordpress. But I like joomla also much as I like wordpress.

ParentingCoachLisa, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  16. khan0072

khan0072 Member

Best Answers:
    in my opinion wordpress is best for starters.... because its very easy to use and apply ......

khan0072, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  17. vernonpurcell

vernonpurcell Member

Best Answers:
    I find it really hard to navigate around the backend

vernonpurcell, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  18. vernonpurcell

vernonpurcell Member

Best Answers:
    I find it really hard to navigate around the backend

vernonpurcell, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  19. medx

medx Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, joomla is easier than wordpress to learn its functions, wordpress is more stable, better security control.

medx, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  20. realoft

realoft Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Joomla is more user friendly for me and more 'to the point.' I am a big fan of joomla. Wordpress is great, especially with the plugin for mobile site. Anyway, I still prefer the powerful of joomla built-in login form.

realoft, Dec 2, 2010 IP