1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Adsense DMCA Complaint. Please Help

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by subila, Nov 24, 2010.

I used google adsense and they send me a DCMA complain about one of my site. As soon I got the complaint I delete whole web site and inform them. They said thank for respond their complain and they ask me to Fill counter notification to keep activate my Adsense account.

I want to know. I already delete whole web site. If I send the counter notification will Google one Complained party can take Legal Action against me. This is the for they require to obtain through me https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=dmca_counter

Is this harmful if I fill and resend to them. Please advice. Thanks.

subila, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  2. DoDo Me

DoDo Me Peon

Best Answers:
    It's two things.

1. Google get complain and you solve it, google want something for complainer to finish it.
    2. How complainer deal with you, it's another business.

DoDo Me, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  3. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you should not be seeking legal advice here as this forum is for adsense publishers and not for lawyers. you have 2 options: one, you fill the form to keep your adsense account active or they will revoke your adsense account and two, you fill the form and risk future legal issues. it is unlikely that someone will pursue legal action considering the fact that the disputed content has already been deleted. however, that all depends on the severity of the copywrite violation. i wold suggest yuo to exercise your best judjement here.

you can also visit the legal section of the forum where someone might have better experience in this issue: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44

sultanofseo, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  4. nirajkum

nirajkum Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont see any wrong doing in filing the form as they will have to close your case

nirajkum, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  5. denniss

denniss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    GREAT JOB GOOGLE!

I applaud Google for taking severe action against copyright violations.

I hope this teaches OP and other asshats who steal others' work via autoblogs or copy-paste and then repost it on their site and then even use twitter, facebook, forums, etc to promote it as their own work, that it's NOT OK to do that.

I don't know what the OP did, but I know that if Google reacted to a DMCA letter they were provided with a legal letter asking them to do that. And if the OP proceeded to swiftly deleting his site, he is guilty as sin.

Sadly I had to send that DMCA letter more than 30 times so far in the last few years, for more than 30 sites who were stealing our news articles. Thankfully complaining to Google always worked.

So publishers, remember this: you are protected by the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act ) since Google is an American company.

IF YOU WORK IS STOLEN AND IS REPOSTED ON OTHER SITES:
    #1 - Complain to Google Adsense's abuse department with a DMCA complaint form @ https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=dmca_complaint . Why do this? You will be able to shut down abuser's Adsense account effectively killing his revenue stream.
    #2 - Complain to Google search's abuse department with a DMCA letter/fax @ http://www.google.com/dmca.html . This is even better than complaining to AdSense, though a bit harder to do since only a fax / mail letter is accepted. But then the abuser gets a PENALTY in google search, either delisting his site or putting it in supplementary results.

Make sure you do both of these things just to be sure the copyright abuser gets it.

And btw, I do not have a problem with one or two sites publishing my feed. But when there's 15 or so sites who EXCLUSIVELY republish your feed and then repost it in their twitter account, facebook account, etc, you start getting really angry about what these ppl do.

AS TO THE OP:

By signing the form you'll be involved in a direct process, which could lead to your legal prosecution in civil law and possibly criminal law depending on where you live. Basically, if you pissed off someone big and they have the time, money and motive to go after you, by signing Google's form you become an active party to the whole thing with Google as a witness. Your choice is either to accept the possible consequences and hope for the best, or not proceed with it And next time you think about stealing someone else's work and making money from it, think about that.

denniss, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  6. TYCP

TYCP Active Member

Best Answers:
    I won't jump to conclusions because we don't know what the OP did. I heard of this happening to someone before because of sound files & it turned out that he was an artist & the mp3s belonged to him, copyrighted & all. It even said it on his site, but Google missed it & they apologized.

What type of site did you have exactly & what content did you put on it?

TYCP, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  7. denniss

denniss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The OP wrote :

Sounds like instant admission of guilt to me.

And if someone bothered to file a DMCA complaint in the first place, after which OP deleted the entire site (not just an article or two, but the whole thing).... double guilty I'd say :)

denniss, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  8. TYCP

TYCP Active Member

Best Answers:
    You may be right, but what if he just got scared that his account was going to be banned & did it to be on the safe side? Who knows!

TYCP, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  9. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm happy that your ass got what it deserved, good job Google!

Project Mobius, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  10. chrisnewberry

chrisnewberry Peon

Best Answers:
    I am surprised Google did that. I have never heard of that before.

chrisnewberry, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  11. koan

koan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Forget Google Adsense from now on, you stole someone's hard work and now you pay the price. You should have known better.

koan, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  12. Webwaster

Webwaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Avoid fraudulent activity, keep your web pages clean and populated with high quality content. Don't give people a reason to complain about your site and succeed. And then you will be fine.

Webwaster, Nov 25, 2010 IP
  13. DIGICHAT

DIGICHAT Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey don't say like he deserve that because i tell you the reason . i have a forum and i also got DMCA Complain . However i took action and remove the content which was posted by some bots or so if you are running big forum you probably know how hard is to keep your forum community clean with all these types of stuffs. I have file the counter and now waiting to resolve the issue from google adsense . i don't blame google as this was my fault but i didn't know uptil now that it can cause DMCA as all the softwares available on the website even we search on google it shows all the contents of the copyright material . why GOOGLE don't take action on that it don't show the copyright material on the search engine when someone search there for the copyright material like softwares or so . In one way google providing all the copyright information to the searcher or webmaster and in the second way they are asking for webmaster to remove the stuffs ?
    the copyright material google had asked me to remove was 1 year old post from some bot . what i think google ask the complainer that he/she should mail the webmaster first if webmaster doesn't take any action then google should do what's the point of the complainer he ask google to remove the copyright content what if webmaster remove the google adsense and start using some other company ads like adbrite or so ? material will be there .

DIGICHAT, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  14. Clowgon

Clowgon Peon

Best Answers:
    You bloody deserve it! I have no sympathy for you, i hope google and the complainer through the whole book at you!

If i were in charge of dmca at google, i would make sure every single autoblog's owner accounts get shut down. If you can't be bothered to write unique articles, then DON'T WRITE ARTICLES AT ALL!!!

Clowgon, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  15. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    wow good job digging this thread back up all the way back from November

Project Mobius, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  16. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's the best advice you can give these dumb n00bs.

ForgottenCreature, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  17. DIGICHAT

DIGICHAT Active Member

Best Answers:
    MIND YOUR LANGUAGE . either you didn't even bother to read what i have written or just a stupid guy trying to increase your posts and by the way who are you to show sympathy or so ? are you bilgate or son of bilgate lol.

DIGICHAT, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  18. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    His name is actually Bill Gates, stupid old thread digger.

Project Mobius, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  19. DIGICHAT

DIGICHAT Active Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like you are his son then lol lol you stupid guy sticking your nose in other's matter .Seems like you reply to other threads like this and in return get a abuse in return and that's how you feed yourself daily . You are replying like you have lots of website and big ones i just checked your crappy website lol lol and its rank soo first come in 100K ranking then reply to other's post for giving suggestion you are still a struggler . plus i have report your post to the admin . as far as i can see your profile is full of negative replies . If you by chance make a website by using some softwares and without the knowledge of anything dont bother to reply unless you have some experience . Because you don't earn money and can't see others having success with google . now reply to this post to see me in more action to make you banned from digitalpoint.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
    DIGICHAT, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  20. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    banned from digitalpoint? been there done that. Next.....Oh...sorry almost forgot.

lol lol

Project Mobius, Feb 26, 2011 IP