1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making Money from Adsense Using Adwords and Analytics Goal Tracking for Adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by profs77, Apr 28, 2006.

Hey guys,

I'm trying to increase traffic to get more clicks on adsense. So I started using adwords. I set up a goal (analytics) after pasting some javascript stuff on the site which tracks adsense clicks. Now I can see which adwords campaigns are turning a profit from adsense.

What I want to know from you guys is how do I turn negative cashflow into positive cash flow. I want to pay for Adwords ads that get lots of impressions, good clickthrough rate and I only have to pay less than 10 cents/click.

My SEO sucks I guess, however I'm #1 in MSN for the keyword "Funny Commercials" The site in question is funny commercials, see my signature.

profs77, Apr 28, 2006 IP
    wwe_fan9417 likes this.
  2. websiteideas

websiteideas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your problem is probably that there's no money to be made with this topic of yours.

websiteideas, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  3. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it Ok with TOS , using Adwords for get traffic ? I hope its ok . ?!

bluearrow, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  4. TestedAdSenseNiches

TestedAdSenseNiches Guest

Best Answers:
    It is within TOS to purchase AdWords traffic and then do arbitrage, however, you might find out one day that your minimum bids (for search) in AdWords one day shoot up from 5 cents to 5 dollars. It's been known to happen in the past, so relying on AdWords as your only source of traffic is very dangerous.

TestedAdSenseNiches, Apr 28, 2006 IP
  5. profs77

profs77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay if its dangerous, then I'll just throw a different site up for adwords, I've got quite a few

/dev/Sunnybrook/Blog

How about that site? I know people are doing adwords/adsense combination so please tell me how its done. I want positive cashflow not negative, obviously.

profs77, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  6. TestedAdSenseNiches

TestedAdSenseNiches Guest

Best Answers:
    There are some people who sell products for AdSense Arbitrage, but it's not entirely clear that they themselves are able to do arbitrage for a prolonged period of time.
    There are two issues. Issue one is that your AdWords traffic may get to be too expensive. But that's not the only part. The other part is that your AdSense earnings may plummet due to smartpricing. It's not exactly a big secret that Search traffic converts better than Content traffic. So picture this. Your AdWords traffic is getting to be too expensive or you are unable to get enough AdWords traffic. So what do you do? You turn on content traffic. Now you get AdSense traffic to your site. Maybe at dirt cheap prices. But that's not important. Now, folks who come to your arbitrage site may be just as likely to click ads, but not nearly as likely to buy stuff because they came from and AdSense and, not Google. Remember, search traffic conversions and content traffic conversions are not the same, not by a long shot. So what happens? Google registers the fact that traffic that comes from your arbitrage site suddenly stoped converting. What happens next? You get smart-priced. So you were getting, say, 40 cents per click and you got smart priced into getting 8 cents per click on average.
    Bam, you are now spending MORE money on getting traffic than what AdSense pays you. It's no longer profitable. Arbitrage is a difficult trade. All you can do is try and see what happens. I don't believe that it's a sustainable model long term.

TestedAdSenseNiches, Apr 29, 2006 IP
  7. cynia

cynia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I believe it is not worth paying Adwords and believing that you will earn :)

Its too risky !

cynia, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  8. Crazymady

Crazymady Active Member

Best Answers:
    Crazymady, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  9. Beltron

Beltron Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought the whole point of Adwords was to generate targeted traffic.

Beltron, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  10. satyenhacks

satyenhacks Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are good in adwords then. why don't you try for affiliate products..rather than small adsnese income..

satyenhacks, Sep 6, 2010 IP
  11. Patchworks

Patchworks Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm actually trying this myself. I did a search in google and found this post.

I would be curious how your setting up your goals in analytics?

Can you explain further?

Patchworks, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  12. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    another noob digging up a insane 1670 days old thread wow

isn't it a bit too late to ask the question?

Project Mobius, Nov 24, 2010 IP
  13. kevin.truong

kevin.truong Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you try with adword coupon , some guys sell it.

kevin.truong, Nov 24, 2010 IP