1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good source for test traffic?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Alanaj, Nov 20, 2010.

I'm trying to find a good (not too expensive) source of targeted traffic to test my sales pages. I considered Google Adwords, but the truth is I don't know enough about Adwords to get started and don't want to lose money.

My site covers five niches: health, career, relationships, credit and book marketing.

1. What are some free or inexpensive sources of quick traffic - around 100 visitors in a week?

2. Should I send traffic directly to a sales page or the home page first where they can then select their interest?

Here is the site www.QualityLifeResources.com

Thanks in advance!

Alanaj, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  2. slymarketing

slymarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    What about Facebook, it's very targeted traffic (not very cheap, but not too expensive either)?

I get free traffic from blogging, guest blogging, discussion forums, and Twitter.

It all depends on what you want with your traffic, but usually you should send the traffic to a squeeze page where they can subscribe to something (get a free report)... this way you can follow up with emails and make them come back to your site over and over again.

slymarketing, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  3. mushget

mushget Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can submit your source to digg or other social bookmarks site.

mushget, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  4. reachonemedia

reachonemedia Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try to do some google adword also.
    you don'T have to spend a fortune on it just try your squeeze page or sales page with 100 visitors.

reachonemedia, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  5. Alanaj

Alanaj Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your feedback everyone. Most of your suggestions are all apart of my bigger marketing plan so I don't want to exhaust them now just testing the traffic. It looks like I will have to figure out Google Adwords to get the 100 visitors. Any tips for Adwords will be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day!

Alanaj, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  6. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    Set up a blog for each of your niches and start writing content related to whatever it is you are trying to promote. You can build links to your blog from article directories. You can also do bum marketing which is writing articles, submitting them to article directories and putting a link in the article to the product you are trying to promote. This is free, and can get you taffic within a couple of days of work! If you write a bunch of articles you can easily get up to 100 visitors per week.

Le Dangles, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  7. sanr716

sanr716 Peon

Best Answers:
    dude chk my below link..more than 80+lakhs members

sanr716, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  8. tjsocr22

tjsocr22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to try some Tweet promotion via Twitter advertising. It drives targeted, quick traffic to your blog or website and is quite inexpensive and very simple to get started with.

tjsocr22, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  9. T.J.

T.J. Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you say you want a good source of traffic, but you say you don't want to use google adwords cuz you don't want to lose money.

Isn't that some what of an oxymoron.

I mean what kind of traffic do you think your going to receive from other sources?

Do you think it's going to be as good as google?

And if it's not as good as google's, what do you think that traffic is going to be worth for you?

I think you've answered your own question. You said that you didn't want to lose money right?

Well then learn to use Adwords. Problem solved.

BTW: You can set you spending limits according to your budget...

Hope this helps...

T.J., Nov 23, 2010 IP
  10. cikasaso

cikasaso Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. If you want good traffic, Adwords is that way to go. There is ton of info on it online.

cikasaso, Nov 23, 2010 IP