1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Froogle User Interface

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by digitalpoint, Mar 7, 2004.

Does anyone else agree that right now, Froogle's GUI kind of blows? Not taking the ads into consideration, MySimion and Shopper.com's interface is much better in my opinion.

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Mar 7, 2004 IP
  2. respree

respree Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, it could be better. Have to give it some time though. It's still fairly new, but I think it'll get better over time.

Overall, though, asking whether Froogle blows somewhat depends on your perspective. If you're a merchant, nothing could be better! Free traffic and guaranteed indexing. IMO, its the biggest bang for the buck (actually, no bucks). They've been so timid about promoting it, though (my only complaint). Even when it was first introduced, there was only a link to it on the 'advance search' page.

respree, Mar 8, 2004 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, from a merchant standpoint it's awesome (as long as you are one of the least expensive).

Maybe they are waiting until they do have a better GUI before they start promoting it more... :)

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Mar 8, 2004 IP
  4. respree

respree Peon

Best Answers:
    Finally, they've decided to promote Froogle on their homepage with their recent redesign. Hope my Froogle traffic goes up.

respree, Mar 30, 2004 IP
  5. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    The no affiliate rule in Froogle is a problem.

I have a site where I'm am responsible for all Internet marketing including control of pricing. The orders are actually placed on a backend fulfilment center. In many ways it is not much different than a drop ship arrangement. But Google will not allow me to list my catalogue of products in Froogle. They contend that my site is simply an affiliate site.

I have the same problem BTW with DMOZ.

compar, Mar 30, 2004 IP
  6. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    Frogle just send me a nice newsletter prompting me to update G Bar as mine had no Frogle in. Nice now you can check F directly. The first three products of F get shown on G anyway when there is no localisation for the US people.

---------- fr news letter 2nd edition ------------------
    [size=-1]Product Search Results in Google[/size]

[size=-1]Google has begun integrating Froogle search results with the regular Google search results. When users search for certain products on Google, the web search results page will display the top three product results from Froogle. [/size]

[size=-1]For example, here are the results for the query [hiking boots]:[/size]

[size=-1]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&q=hiking+boots [/size]

[size=-1]These 'Product Search' results are not paid advertisements, but free, relevant, product-specific search results. As you know, merchants are included in Froogle at no cost, and as with Google's web search results, Froogle results are unbiased by human intervention. Google does not accept payment for placement within the Froogle results themselves.[/size]

-------------------- copy ends -----------------------------------

Update frequence from feeds is up to hours - our changes are very quickly visible now.

Affiliate?
    If your site takes the money you're in. I don't do fulfilment but all our sites that sell are all in Frogle. We take the money.

For the non US amongst us - it pays to generate a US specific page if you can ship to the US even if one doesn't make any money on it.

We run a site that is 99% Europe but generated a US product page payment via PP and the site is in and sales jumped slightly.

M

expat, Mar 31, 2004 IP
  7. anusha

anusha Active Member

Best Answers:
    froogle after 13 months....

what changes do you see ?

anusha, May 11, 2005 IP
  8. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    I find it over cluttered, I have never bought anything from it yet. The UI needs the Google simplicity applied to it.

Also, most people dont like too much choice. I am not interested in comparing 15 results at $699 for each image!
    Small product descriptions might be helpful too.
    List view would in theory be better - but is even more cluttered.
    Minor detail: I dont like that green much (or the blue boxes around images).
    I have been trying to think of a better way to offer the same functionality - its actually difficult to find a good way to display.

Personally, I like www.pricegrabber.co.uk at the moment. Clean and clear, good for the user. Maybe there are some lessons that can be taken from there.

Design Agent, May 11, 2005 IP
  9. killer2021

killer2021 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol yes, it sucks big time!

killer2021, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  10. thuankkk

thuankkk Active Member

Best Answers:
    agreed with you.

thuankkk, Dec 6, 2008 IP