1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum Signatures and SERP

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by cestlavie, Nov 12, 2010.

I know this question has been asked many times before, and my question is a little more specific.

Here is scenario:
    I own a domain "keyword.com", and created a wordpress hosted blog at "keyword.wordpress.org" with actual real and authentic blogs linking back to "keyword.com".

Question:
    Would a forum signature linking to "keyword.wordpress.org" and anchored text "keyword" would help me in my SERP for "keyword" or would it be considered as a 3 way link to Google for linking to "keyword.wordpress.org" which in turns link to "keyword.com"? In such cases, I might get penalized for it?

Additionally:
    If the above is a 3 way link, then are there any advantages to those signature links linking back to a landing page somewhere on "keyword.com" instead of just the domain?

cestlavie, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  2. infoman66

infoman66 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry buddy, I do not understand why you think it is a 3 way linking ...
    If you put link to the your blog, generally, it will affect the SERP of the blog ...

infoman66, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  3. cestlavie

cestlavie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry I quickly wrote the article without mentioning that "keyword.com" would obviously link back to the wordpress blog at "keyword.wordpress.org"

so basically it ends up being forum signature => wordpress blog => site => wordpress blog

and same goes for let's say instead of a wordpress blog, it could be a hub on hubpages or squidoo lens? Or am I just gravely mistaken?

4. Yon

Yon Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think forums siggy links are worth a lot anymore these days. It is just too easy for anyone to get links that way.

Yon, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  5. killer2021

killer2021 Peon

Best Answers:
    They've ALWAYS never been worth much. A page has zero link juice if no one links to it. Most forum threads have zero links and hence pass zero pr value. The only real benefit of forum thread is the fact that maybe over time people link to this page and hence the page will start to pass link juice over time.

killer2021, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  6. wwood

wwood Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but I don't know what's the problem...each kind of link is easy to get...

wwood, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  7. cestlavie

cestlavie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well forum signatures are only just one aspect of link building

8. smallbusinessguy

smallbusinessguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Its always best to blend the forum signatures with normal link building. Dont rely on one method too much. I have not seen any boost in SERP with signatures alone.. But it can drive traffic

smallbusinessguy, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  9. komrad

komrad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    May i know, what is your intention to put link on keyword.com to your wordpress blog? I think keyword.com is more valuable than your wordpress blog, doesn't it? So my suggestion is you don't have to linkback to the wordpress or another web2.0 site (hubpages, squidoo, quizilla etc).

Why dont you make all the web2.0 link each other then also link to your keyword.com? I think it would be better.

Im just little afraid if you put your web2.0 site on your keyword.com Google will recognize it as your intention to manipulate Google pagerank algorithm. In addition, putting link back to your web2.0 sites will distribute your keyword.com PR. That will decrease your keyword.com PR. Just my two cents.

komrad, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  10. Yon

Yon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if I knew how to "easily get all links", life would be quite simple. :)

Yon, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  11. theentry

theentry Peon

Best Answers:
    Was thinking about the same, don't put any link to your blog from your domain and it will be fine.

theentry, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  12. abhijit33

abhijit33 Active Member

Best Answers:
    But don't forget to put your link on blog pointing to your domain. :D

abhijit33, Nov 17, 2010 IP